• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks nice Steve!
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Really nice Flight and great example of a beautiful high alpha pattern :-) Will be studying this one closely... GYRO??
      Thanks. Lemonrx stabilized.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Two 1W white LED's instead of the 5W. Designed and printed a double light housing to fit on the strut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190108_000052.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	170970

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190107_233909.jpg Views:	1 Size:	219.0 KB ID:	170969

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190107_233452.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.1 KB ID:	170968

Click image for larger version Name:	Image_2341.png Views:	1 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	170967
        I gotta say that does look much better than that locomotive light as someone said. More scale looking for sure.

Comment

• Really nice Steve. Could you add the file to the 3D PUP thread, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Tell me about the Solo shot! I would love a robot cameraman! Are you glad you got it! and how consistent is it?

Thanks in advance! Great flight BTW!
            Thanks
            At times the SoloShot is consistent. Consistently frustrating. ;) It has decent days and occasionally a really bad day. I think it has something to do with GPS signal available. It fills a niche which is a little above hat cam since it will zoom and keep the model visible while in flight. It's not really suited to high speed flight which is why my videos are shot in wide mode. That way it keeps the model in frame most of the time. There's a bit of a learning curve to getting the best performance out of it. If you happen to do RC Groups, I have a thread there dedicated to it's use. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...bot-Camera-Man

SoloShot website (they sell direct) https://soloshot.com/ I have the Optic 65 bundle.
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Anyone using full span flaps? Is it worth it to give up the extra port?

I fly off grass so getting off ASAP and getting back down nice and slow are priority for me, especially in the winter when it tends to much more bumpy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post
                Anyone using full span flaps? Is it worth it to give up the extra port?

I fly off grass so getting off ASAP and getting back down nice and slow are priority for me, especially in the winter when it tends to much more bumpy.
                I think you just answered your own question. But landing slow is relative as you definitely need some speed in landing or you'll balloon the plane. Flaps will just allow for more control during your approach. I know there are a handful of guys out there who don't utilize flaps, but I imagine there aren't many, especially with EDFs.

Comment

• I have them programed. I found that the normal flaps do not need elevator comp but full span do so be ready. Full span is a little more "tippy" on approach.

I fly of a paved runway and the Raptor gets super slow with regular flaps.

Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post
                  Anyone using full span flaps? Is it worth it to give up the extra port?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    I have them programed. I found that the normal flaps do not need elevator comp but full span do so be ready. Full span is a little more "tippy" on approach.

I fly of a paved runway and the Raptor gets super slow with regular flaps.

Then I won't bother for landing. Only landing's I've done so far have been without flaps, which requires a large flare to bleed off speed right before touchdown. It looks impressive and this thing is so stable on the approach that it's fun to do, but the high landing speed is harder on the gear, especially on a frozen field.

Have you ever used it for takeoff? That's my biggest concern is the speed of the rotation without flaps is fast. A full span flap would maybe help? Not sure.

Comment

• I got the formation and navigation light set from Jeremy Solt yesterday. Sat down last night and got them all soldered up. Just an awesome mod. I will finish running all of the leads tonight. I am going to put a GT Power electronic switch in the plane, and run all of the lights off a separate battery via a Freewing V3 light controller, with the exception of the blinking nav lights. They will be on the triple flash port in the MCB-E. Next up....Vectoring...

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	170997

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	170998

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	170999

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	171000

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	171001

Comment

• I put this in the wrong spot. My nose gear landing light on one of my Raptors has quit. i've run the electrical checks. I got no help from Motion. They wanted me to fill out paper work. I just want to get another, Thought maybe someone on the Forum might know where to get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                          I put this in the wrong spot. My nose gear landing light on one of my Raptors has quit. i've run the electrical checks. I got no help from Motion. They wanted me to fill out paper work. I just want to get another, Thought maybe someone on the Forum might know where to get one.
                          Unless someone doesn't have use for their current light (some folks are utilizing a 3dp mod for different nose gear lights), it looks like you'll need to get the whole nose gear. If you fill out a ticket with MRC, they'll take care of it for you.

Comment

I put this in the wrong spot. My nose gear landing light on one of my Raptors has quit. i've run the electrical checks. I got no help from Motion. They wanted me to fill out paper work. I just want to get another, Thought maybe someone on the Forum might know where to get one.
                            Is it the light or the MCB-E that is at fault? Have you tried plugging another LED into the slot on the board? If it is just the light I can send you mine. Would require soldering on your part.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Is it the light or the MCB-E that is at fault? Have you tried plugging another LED into the slot on the board? If it is just the light I can send you mine. Would require soldering on your part.
                              Thank you for your offer. I haven't tried tried plugging in another LED into the board. I'll do that. I
                              am 88 and my vision isn't quite what it used to be and the nose light helps when landing.

Comment

• Should be receiving my F-22 any minute. I'm sooooo stoked.

Tom

Comment

• Got Steve's revised nose gear light mount printed and will be installing it on the new bird. Thanks Steve!
                                  Pat

Comment

• I don't understand. You asked about full span flaps. Are you saying you won't use any flaps for landing? The stock flaps work really well for both take off (I use half flaps every take off)and really well for landing (I use full flaps for every landing). Using flaps you have a walking speed landing every time. As far as the full span flaps they also work really well but because your ailerons are down as flaps it's just not quite as stable, hence "tippy". Both ways work really well on the Raptor but I suggest you try the stock flaps only first.

Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post

Then I won't bother for landing. Only landing's I've done so far have been without flaps, which requires a large flare to bleed off speed right before touchdown. It looks impressive and this thing is so stable on the approach that it's fun to do, but the high landing speed is harder on the gear, especially on a frozen field.

Have you ever used it for takeoff? That's my biggest concern is the speed of the rotation without flaps is fast. A full span flap would maybe help? Not sure.

Comment

Thank you for your offer. I haven't tried tried plugging in another LED into the board. I'll do that. I
                                      am 88 and my vision isn't quite what it used to be and the nose light helps when landing.
                                      RCjetdude I followed your advice and plugged an LED into the board with no results. Began thinking about it and got an ohmmeter out and found that the negative wiire was open. I had not checked it before. As I traced it down I found that the wire had seperated inside the cover about half way down. Took about five openings to find it. It's working fine now. Sure do appreciate your help.

Comment

RCjetdude I followed your advice and plugged an LED into the board with no results. Began thinking about it and got an ohmmeter out and found that the negative wiire was open. I had not checked it before. As I traced it down I found that the wire had seperated inside the cover about half way down. Took about five openings to find it. It's working fine now. Sure do appreciate your help.
                                        Awesome! Even better. Good job finding the problem and getting it fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks Tom, there definitely isn’t! Unfortunately, looks like the UPS clowns put a huge hole in the side of the box. Fouled up the LE of the right wing pretty good. Ticket is in with CS, and I have no doubt they’ll take care of it.
                                          Aw, that's a bummer for sure! I hope it gets sorted out soon...
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X