X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post

Hey pal, have u completed the full gear door mod?
    Would love to see it.
    thanks
    Simply amazing work Steve! LOVE IT . The Speed /Accuracy and Consistency with which you produce these wonderful modifications is truly astounding.! Thanks for living on the BLEEDING edge and showing us all what's possible !!!!
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post

Hey pal, have u completed the full gear door mod?
      Would love to see it.
      thanks
      Here you go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Here you go.

*#*#34872#*#*
        IE 11 says:

This page can’t be displayed
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The MCB-E or whatever blue box in the F-22 and L-39 is very different than the other blue boxes such as in the Mig. The older ones had a lot of reported issues. The new one has had one specific one about the steering and landing light not working. An odd but specific complaint.

I dont use the rubber battery matt, I still prefer Velcro. But those that I have seen use it do not glue it down.

I’m up to about 40 flights on mine and no issues. I did find a JF 8S system to try in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

IE 11 says:

This page can’t be displayed
            You got to it before I could get it updated....I had a connectivity issue on the first attempt so it copied the link wrong.

Comment

• FYI... Upgrading my 6S f-22 to My F4's 8S system..... Ordered JP Hobby fan 6S for my F4. :-)

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Steve, you are the King of Mods brother, well done!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  Steve, you are the King of Mods brother, well done!
                  Sho NUFF!!!

Comment

• More Texan slang here.... I AM FIX'N TO do the mods on mine!! :P

Comment

• I can't paint my cockpit, but I USTA COULD when I was younger!! :Silly:

Comment

• Also, I am having a difficult time finding the neutral point for the elevator. I have looked over the diagram at the manual but it's finding the precise centerpoint as the base to measure up 5.5mm to is which I am having trouble with. I *think* I have it but I was wondering if someone had a photo of where the TRAILING EDGE of the elevator lines up with the aft section of the fuse. This will tell me how close or how far off I am. I appreciate the help. Here's a photo of where I have mine at the moment...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.JPG Views:	2 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	172765
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I see Steve mentioned that it's waaaay too much down which is what I expected. I would assume the trailing edge of the elevator should match up with the trailing edge of the fuse. Clearly I measured from the wrong location.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• See mine? Mine is only slightly down elevator. Half a trailing edge thickness of down in relation to the trailing edge of the fuse. Roughly 5.5 mm from the bottom edge of the fuse to the center of the stab.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181228_230732.jpg Views:	2 Size:	233.0 KB ID:	172768

Comment

• Perfecto Steve, just what I needed. Thank you!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

Oh sorry... I should have been more specific. I have the FMS 12b outrunner 1900kv with a YEP 150a ESC. I have all of the motor/fan options you listed but I havent flown with them yet. The newer FW 12b 6s is in one of my F-15s to replace the Inrunner it came with. Also, I haven’t flown the FW 8s yet, it’s in my Raptor that was ordered an hour after the plane became available. I’ve been modifying it slowly, but I’m going to have to get it in the air soon. I have way too many projects going on. I’m adding slime lights, navy lights, 3D cockpit?upgrading the BEC, and swapping the receiver and gyro for AS3X. I ordered the centerburner the day I ordered the plane to beat the rush.

The F-16 had the older version 12 blade outrunner in it when I swapped it out for the FMS. It was a great upgrade for the stock 6s setup but I think anything is haha. I don’t think I have heard anyone complain about the FMS and YeP in any plane. The only issue is that the shroud is bigger than the Freewings so I had to remove foam to get it installed. It wasn’t that big of a deal though.
                                Really appreciate the info was an interesting read.

So you are using the fms 90mm 19blade 1900KV. I hear this setup is really good, one of my friends is using it and seems like its a promising setup as well. Also the cheapest fan out there.

The only reason i am not going with this fan is because of the fact that i dont want to bother with the foam removal to get it installed since the footprint of the F22 hull does not 100percent match the fms outer shroud.

Glad its all working well for you. THis will be my second big edf aside from the mig

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  The MCB-E or whatever blue box in the F-22 and L-39 is very different than the other blue boxes such as in the Mig. The older ones had a lot of reported issues. The new one has had one specific one about the steering and landing light not working. An odd but specific complaint.

I dont use the rubber battery matt, I still prefer Velcro. But those that I have seen use it do not glue it down.

I’m up to about 40 flights on mine and no issues. I did find a JF 8S system to try in it.
                                  good to know glad they got it resolved....

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Here you go.

If you plug he main doors into the other "double stage" port would the outer doors close after the gear is extended?

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Also, I am having a difficult time finding the neutral point for the elevator. I have looked over the diagram at the manual but it's finding the precise centerpoint as the base to measure up 5.5mm to is which I am having trouble with. I *think* I have it but I was wondering if someone had a photo of where the TRAILING EDGE of the elevator lines up with the aft section of the fuse. This will tell me how close or how far off I am. I appreciate the help. Here's a photo of where I have mine at the moment...
                                      Here is what you need. Make sure you get it right, or otherwise if it's set too high, you will run out of up elevator, and have major issues flying ... ask me how I know.

Comment

• Any idea when the ARF or ARF plus versions will be in stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                                          Here is what you need. Make sure you get it right, or otherwise if it's set too high, you will run out of up elevator, and have major issues flying ... ask me how I know.
                                          :Scared:

Copy that...From the bottom of the fuse side up to 5.5mm. Appreciate it!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X