Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you happen to have an old school Turnigy or Hobbywing programmer they are compatible with the Freewing ESC and a lot easier than trying to program via your transmitter.
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Are you sure? Not what I remember since it’s not a hibbywing ESC.

Yeah, just tried it. Doesn’t work.

Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
      If you happen to have an old school Turnigy or Hobbywing programmer they are compatible with the Freewing ESC and a lot easier than trying to program via your transmitter.

Comment

• This is the one I use. Works for the 100 in my L-39 also used on the 130's in my twin 90 mm A-10
        Note that on non internal BEC equipped ESC's you also have to hook up the external BEC lead to the battery side.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190123_062904.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	173903

Comment

• That's the same one I tried with the blue 130A ESC from the F-22. I had tried it before on my Stinger 90 too. Tried with both BEC and a 4.8 flight battery and it wouldn't recognize it. It does work on the normal black shrink wrapped Hobby Wing ESCs.

Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
          This is the one I use. Works for the 100 in my L-39 also used on the 130's in my twin 90 mm A-10
          Note that on non internal BEC equipped ESC's you also have to hook up the external BEC lead to the battery side.

Click image for larger version Name:	20190123_062904.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	173903

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm doing Steve's canopy mod and using an auxilary channel on my IX12 to operate the canopy. Still getting used to this radio. I set it up to start with on a turning knob to test it but would prefer a switch. Anybody know off hand if there is a way to slow down the servo in the transmitter on a channel other than flaps/elevator?

Comment

• Hey Brad, in the Servo Setup menu there is a Speed sub-directory. That's what you are looking for my man!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	173984
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• O.K. Cool! YOU DA MAN!!:Cool: Never thought about slowing down anything but flaps/elevator.

Comment

• Yeah gotta love modern day radios! :)
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yeah, someday they'll even have a proximity warning for light poles.LOL:);)

Comment

• LOL LOL LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Glad I know you well enough to joke around my friend. Guess that proximity warning should include trees, fences, and the dirt.:Loser:LOLLOL

Comment

• More F22 fun! A touch and go, then some slow flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            That's the same one I tried with the blue 130A ESC from the F-22. I had tried it before on my Stinger 90 too. Tried with both BEC and a 4.8 flight battery and it wouldn't recognize it. It does work on the normal black shrink wrapped Hobby Wing ESCs.

That is strange. I bought a complete 6s F-22 setup from Mikeee on RC Groups so decided to try it. Works on mine. I changed the timing from medium to low, updated, unplugged the pack and it kept the setting so changed it back to medium and updated again
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20190123_184825.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	174043Click image for larger version

Name:	20190123_184851.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	174044

Comment

• Hmm. I’ll have to try again.

Comment

• I just put mine together tonight. I have two questions, one serious the other not so much.
                                1: My rudder and nose wheel servos are chattering away and not sitting still at neutral. They work and the individual servos all tested good but I can't fly it with them all dithering around about neutral.
                                2: Where do the extra decals go? Does anyone have a diagram or picture showing that?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  Glad I know you well enough to joke around my friend. Guess that proximity warning should include trees, fences, and the dirt.:Loser:LOLLOL
                                  And school roofs! LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                                    I just put mine together tonight. I have two questions, one serious the other not so much.
                                    1: My rudder and nose wheel servos are chattering away and not sitting still at neutral. They work and the individual servos all tested good but I can't fly it with them all dithering around about neutral.
                                    2: Where do the extra decals go? Does anyone have a diagram or picture showing that?
                                    1: It seems the blue box has issues with certain receiver brands. I think it may have something to do with the voltage put through to the blue box from the receiver. The blue box seems sensitive to voltage input. The only way to solve this is to plug the rudders and nose steering direct to your RX. I did this by using a 3-plug landing gear lead. But if you don't have a spare, plug the rudders into a Y, then use another Y for the nose steering.

2: See posts 1207 and 1349 of this thread.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Wow. I can do that but it doesn't inspire confidence ;) I am using a Spectrum 7 channel receiver that has been used before. Thank you!

Comment

• I just tried powering the Rx directly from a 2s Life pack, 6.6v. The rudder servos were nice and quiet, but the steering servo didn't work at all?! I found that surprising. Gotta think about this some more...

Comment

• Careful, I don't think the servos are supposed to be powered with more than 5V or it could damage them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X