Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden of #2 was pleasantly light pole free! Went great. Not a click of trim was needed, the power system from #1 was flawless. What a great jet. So well behaved, and surprisingly zippy on the 6S with the Roaring Top 5500 70C. Very happy!

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Maiden of #2 was pleasantly light pole free! Went great. Not a click of trim was needed, the power system from #1 was flawless. What a great jet. So well behaved, and surprisingly zippy on the 6S with the Roaring Top 5500 70C. Very happy!

Hooray!! Knew you could do it.

Comment

• Congrats on the new maiden Aros!

Finally got mine finished up today and CG'd after installing the RC Geek Centerburner. Man that thing is bright!!!!!

Comment

• Thanks and I am still waiting on my centerburner...Can't wait to add that to mine!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Originally posted by TRMRC View Post

Comment

•  

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n176174]Maiden of #2 was pleasantly light pole free! Went great. Not a click of trim was needed, the power system from #1 was flawless. What a great jet. So well behaved, and surprisingly zippy on the 6S with the Roaring Top 5500 70C. Very happy!

Great Job!

congratulations on your new F22 build
                Rich

Comment

• Thanks Rich! One more for the road...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Maiden of #2 was pleasantly light pole free! Went great. Not a click of trim was needed, the power system from #1 was flawless. What a great jet. So well behaved, and surprisingly zippy on the 6S with the Roaring Top 5500 70C. Very happy!

Way to get it done! :Cool: I noticed you had the familiar stance of a man who's already been burned once....and landing in the grass instead of on the pavement.....good move my friend. None of those dreaded poles in the middle of the field.LOL Go Rams!!

Comment

• LOL I noticed the distance from the poles too!!! Great job and congrats!!!

Comment

• Hey Todd, it looked like you split the ailerons on two channels instead of tieing them together in the blue box. Was I seeing things?:Confused:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n176211]Thanks Rich! One more for the road...

Perfect.... nice and smooth.

PS:
                          didn't you build the T45 too? what is the trick in getting the wing saddle to fit right on the fuselage? the jet intakes do not line up correctly and the mounts are under stress thanks for any help. it has been a PIB

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                            Way to get it done! :Cool: I noticed you had the familiar stance of a man who's already been burned once....and landing in the grass instead of on the pavement.....good move my friend. None of those dreaded poles in the middle of the field.LOL Go Rams!!
                            LOL

Yeah I do have that stance when I am puckered especially on a maiden when I've been burned before by light poles!! LOL

And yes I am not taking chances so the first half dozen flights I will be landing in the grass far from obstructions until I get to know her inside and out. The chain link fence next to the track is another plane magnet which I have douched more than a couple planes on after landing...Once I am comfortable with her landing habits I will land on the nice rubber track. Give me a few more flights or so, haha.

And is there any way both teams can lose tomorrow? :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              LOL I noticed the distance from the poles too!!! Great job and congrats!!!
                              Thanks buddy! She surprisingly flies just fine if light poles don't get in the way. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                Hey Todd, it looked like you split the ailerons on two channels instead of tieing them together in the blue box. Was I seeing things?:Confused:
                                Seeing things my friend. Where did you even see how I have the ailerons configured?

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                                  Perfect.... nice and smooth. PS: didn't you build the T45 too? what is the trick in getting the wing saddle to fit right on the fuselage? the jet intakes do not line up correctly and the mounts are under stress thanks for any help. it has been a PIB
                                  Thanks Rich. Sorry, the T45 wasn't me...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

LOL

Yeah I do have that stance when I am puckered especially on a maiden when I've been burned before by light poles!! LOL

And yes I am not taking chances so the first half dozen flights I will be landing in the grass far from obstructions until I get to know her inside and out. The chain link fence next to the track is another plane magnet which I have douched more than a couple planes on after landing...Once I am comfortable with her landing habits I will land on the nice rubber track. Give me a few more flights or so, haha.

And is there any way both teams can lose tomorrow? :Cool:
                                    Yes! If our esteemed NFL commisioner grows a pair and throws out the win the Rams had against the Saints for PASS INTERFERENCE!! AND a series of incredibly BAD CALLS in the Chiefs loss to the Patriots. :Angry:;)LOLLOL And yes I guess I was seeing things when you were checking your throws. Not used to seeing that from the front. My bad.:Loser:

Comment

• OK, 12S F-22 #2 is ready to maiden. I was hoping to get all of the formation lights done by this weekend, but I only got the verticals in so far. Waiting on MRC to get the P-38 plastic lens covers back in stock so I can do the navigation and strobes in the wing. I want to do all of the lighting wiring in the wing at the same time, so holding off on the formation lights there for now. Some scale detailing I've done to this one:

Painted the struts and interior gear bays white.
                                      Put a 90mm F-16 nose wheel on in place of the stock one.
                                      Printed and installed Radar-Guy's main wheel "hubcaps".
                                      Printed and installed RCJetDude's twin nose landing light mod.
                                      Printed and added pitot tubes.
                                      Did the panel lines in charcoal and sealed with Testors Dullcote.
                                      Painted the exposed servos. Covered and painted the wire run for the vertical formation lights.
                                      Added all the extra decals provided in the kit based on my prior posts about those.
                                      Painted the underside engine panels to match the top.
                                      Filled in the slots on the wings and stabs where the support rods show through and painted.

Maiden on Thursday, then we have the Arizona Electric Festival Fri-Sun. Plan to get a bunch of flights in. Still running a JF90 with a HET 700-60-1120kv for 12S.
                                      Pat

Comment

• By the way, when I was putting on the dull clear coat, I ran out of my trusty Testors Dullcote before getting the wings done. Went and got some Rustoleum 2X Clear Matte as I have used 2X paint on foam before. It DID NOT like the paint in some spots, made it look like crackle paint. It's not too bad, but I'm not using this stuff again. I guess I need to order more Dullcote from Amazon.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Looks great Pat. I love the 2X paint, but the clear matte burned me, even over 2X color coats. Crinkled like crazy! Don’t know why... but it sucked! :Angry:

Comment

Working...
                                          X