Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping prices went WAY up on the 1st... I have no proof that shipping is the cause for the price jump but it makes sense

Comment

• Either way, a $30-$50 increase is not sufficient reason to avoid getting this plane in my book. Just suck it up and buy the dang thing if you want it. What the "F" else are you going to do? Would you like a little cheese with that whine?:)

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
        Been waiting to get a F22 the last few weeks motion just raised the price $50 on all the F22 they have been out of stock on original price last few weeks , this sucks ????

One thing would be nice if motion offered any type of discount Promo/Code monthly like every other vendor I use. Motion is the only one who never has.
        For example one pod cast I listen to offer discounts (weekly,)up to 50$ off sometimes more you just have to listen and catch the right time in the pod cast when they call out the code. Also publish monthly code like Tower/Horizon does. This is probably the best and most incentive to purchase from than any Rc vendor I know of and this is weekly. Also their prices are very competitive and not marked up.
        I believe if motion offered anything slightly such as a small discount it would probably bring 20% more sales.

Comment

• I think you mean 9.15%? I agree with the no coupons. When they started and heavily advertised the veteran owned status I asked about military discounts... no joy...

Anyway they do have great products and one has to decide if the price is reasonable or not.

Originally posted by TRMRC View Post

One thing would be nice if motion offered any type of discount Promo/Code monthly like every other vendor I use. Motion is the only one who never has.
          For example one pod cast I listen to offer discounts (weekly,)up to 50$ off sometimes more you just have to listen and catch the right time in the pod cast when they call out the code. Also publish monthly code like Tower/Horizon does. This is probably the best and most incentive to purchase from than any Rc vendor I know of and this is weekly. Also their prices are very competitive and not marked up.
          I believe if motion offered anything slightly such as a small discount it would probably bring 20% more sales.

Comment

• Free shipping, great customer service, competitive pricing. What's not to like? Yeah, sometimes prices must be raised. I like a bargain, but it's a business, they've gotta make money to flourish. If another vendor routinely offers discount codes or coupons, they're making up the difference somewhere.

Comment

• Hmm, the upside is that our used planes now have an increase in value when we go to sell it. :)

Comment

• A price increase was inevitable. Especially this year... It shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Comment

• Any Vendor in a Rc Hobby to become rich you’re in the wrong industry. Now 99.1% Of the vendors/people in this RC hobby sell products to the awesome community is because they have a Great Passion for the hobby and most likely fly them selfs. Profit yes / mark up across the board no, The tariff increase was already applied that was months ago. Most people ruin their lives because of this RC industry in there sick disease and not being able to stop buying ****.
                  Did Fms / Dynam / E Flight ECT. Prices go up as well or only at Motion it did.
                  There are hundreds of Rc manufacturers just like hundreds of Rc Vendors. I believe in passing it forward but to be forced to Well I think I’ll think twice now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRMRC View Post
                    Any Vendor in a Rc Hobby to become rich you’re in the wrong industry. Now 99.1% Of the vendors/people in this RC hobby sell products to the awesome community is because they have a Great Passion for the hobby and most likely fly them selfs. Profit yes / mark up across the board no, The tariff increase was already applied that was months ago. Most people ruin their lives because of this RC industry in there sick disease and not being able to stop buying ****.
                    There are hundreds of Rc manufacturers just like hundreds of Rc Vendors. I believe in passing it forward but to be forced to Well I think I’ll think twice now.
                    I can smell the Jack Daniels from here

Comment

• Thank you all for the kind words. I guess I owe it all to clean living, no drinking , no chasing women, etc. Anyone want to buy the Mackinaw bridge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifty View Post
                        Thank you all for the kind words. I guess I owe it all to clean living, no drinking , no chasing women, etc...
                        Ah crap, I guess I can kiss seeing my 80's goodbye!! LOL LOL

Welcome Drifty!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by TRMRC View Post
                          Any Vendor in a Rc Hobby to become rich you’re in the wrong industry. Now 99.1% Of the vendors/people in this RC hobby sell products to the awesome community is because they have a Great Passion for the hobby and most likely fly them selfs. Profit yes / mark up across the board no, The tariff increase was already applied that was months ago. Most people ruin their lives because of this RC industry in there sick disease and not being able to stop buying ****.
                          TRMRC, I bought a bunch of 'needed stuff' yesterday from MotionRC (MRC) and the pricing of those items did not increase. Think of it as "NOS" or New Old Stock. Those items did not increase as those were bought at a lower price originally. "New Stock" and I presume those items purchased by MRC since the tariffs/embargo, came at a higher cost inherently, so those costs are passed along. We all knew this was coming and will continue to affect this hobby as well as many other consumer goods we purchase every day. It is what it is until the trade sanctions change. We all feel this in our wallets and it is simply Econ 101 and besides, as we all know, there is "No Whining in Aviation". LOL Respectfully, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Ah crap, I guess I can kiss seeing my 80's goodbye!! LOL LOL

Welcome Drifty!
                            I'm 88, You have hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

I'm 88, You have hope.
                              LOL LOL LOL LOL
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Follow up on my rudders and steering chatter at neutral. Spoke to Motion RC a couple times now. We tried another BEC and different sequences of switch flipping during initialization to try and reset the board but it’s still chattering any time the gear switch is in the down position. I think I’m going to get a replacement blue box... They said don’t fly it like that even with the rudders and steering direct to my reciever. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Comment

• I spent part of the afternoon performing an autopsy on mine (sniff, sniff)...Removed all the "good parts for harvest". Trying to decide if I am going to sell them (I would sell As Is, all together, not separate items...) or keep for spare parts for my next one...

Servos, linkages, wheels, retracts, control board, wires, canopy, nose cone, odds and ends. Her "remains" sit unceremoniously in a plastic bag headed for the garbage man this week. Booo!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Good that you took the time to "harvest " all the goodies. I have several hulks laying around in the garage that I have been raiding from time to time but I really need to spend a few hours and strip them down so I can clear the limited space in the garage. Just haven't figured out a good system for storing the parts so I know what's what. I'm all ears if someone has a "system".:Thinking:BTW Todd, are you going to the Northwest Hobby Expo? I haven't decided yet. I miss the days when it was at Puyallip.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

I'm 88, You have hope.
                                      I love hearing about guys like you who are still getting it done. :Cool::Cool:My hats off to you sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                        Good that you took the time to "harvest " all the goodies. I have several hulks laying around in the garage that I have been raiding from time to time but I really need to spend a few hours and strip them down so I can clear the limited space in the garage. Just haven't figured out a good system for storing the parts so I know what's what. I'm all ears if someone has a "system".:Thinking:BTW Todd, are you going to the Northwest Hobby Expo? I haven't decided yet. I miss the days when it was at Puyallip.
                                        Salvaged servos and retracts for most fit pretty good in a quart size freezer bag.I like the ones that can be written on with a Sharpie marker so I know what they came out of.
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Anyone know if there is a way to eliminate the 5 second delay when commanding retracts to go up? Just trying to perfect my rotation portion of flight and find this built in delay annoying. I’m at the point of retracting the gear 1/2 way through my roll out to get what I’m after but feel this is going to bite me one of these days.

My radio (jeti) has sequencing options built in but I’ll have to bypass the MCB for retracts and doors. None of my other FW jets have this delay issue (F4/A10). I’m wondering if using a control board from another FW jet may be my best option?

John
                                          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

Working...
                                          X