Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I got my F-22 Thursday and this is my 5th Freewing jet. I have a question for those pilots using Spektrum receivers. With the receivers that can do 11ms frame rates for digital servos and being that these jets have digital servos in them how many of you are using 11ms frame rate when you setup these planes. I have been using 22ms on my other planes and it’s been working good. I was curious if I could be using 11ms instead of 22ms thanks.

Comment

• Maiden and one other flight successful! She flies great!! Good power on the new 1390kV 8S fan and sounded amazingly smooth. Only needed a little trim to get her tracking straight. Take off from short manucured grass with half flaps was achieved in about 150'. Tracked beautifully through the air and man does it look good. I did most of my flight at about half throttle just taking it easy. Set up per the manual the high rates felt good to me. CG was per the manual as well with two Roaring Top 5000 70C packs. One 6S and the other 2S. Landed with full flaps and a slight tail wind so came in just a little hot but without issue. I couldn't be more happy or impressed with it. George got video of the maiden and will post it up soon. Now on to the mods starting with these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181208_150227.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	165263

Name:	IMG_20181208_150241.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	165264

Name:	IMG_20181208_190352.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	165265

Thank you Motion RC and team for yet another great effort!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Maiden and one other flight successful! She flies great!! Now on to the mods starting with these...!
        RCJD, Your F22 looks suburb, as usual, sir. Is that 'glow-in-the-dark' tape? I like it whatever it is. I used 'green slime' colored Glow in the Dark tape on my A-10 and love the effect, but I like the 'blue' on the F22 and presume that is closer to scale. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RCJD, Your F22 looks suburb, as usual, sir. Is that 'glow-in-the-dark' tape? I like it whatever it is. I used 'green slime' colored Glow in the Dark tape on my A-10 and love the effect, but I like the 'blue' on the F22 and presume that is closer to scale. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
          Glow in the Dark Tape - 30 ft x 1 inch - Glow-in-the-Dark Luminous photoluminescent / luminescent emergency roll safety egress markers stairs, walls, steps, exit sign. Glowing pro theatre stage floor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NH0JTQX..._odhdCb11VA3JM

Comment

Maiden and one other flight successful! She flies great!! Good power on the new 1390kV 8S fan and sounded amazingly smooth. Only needed a little trim to get her tracking straight. Take off from short manucured grass with half flaps was achieved in about 150'. Tracked beautifully through the air and man does it look good. I did most of my flight at about half throttle just taking it easy. Set up per the manual the high rates felt good to me. CG was per the manual as well with two Roaring Top 5000 70C packs. One 6S and the other 2S. Landed with full flaps and a slight tail wind so came in just a little hot but without issue. I couldn't be more happy or impressed with it. George got video of the maiden and will post it up soon. Now on to the mods starting with these...

What are your flap settings? The recommended settings seem off to me?

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

What are your flap settings? The recommended settings seem off to me?
              I set max. or landing flaps at 32mm although I think they could go lower. There was just one value of 32mm for both hi and low.

Comment

Glow in the Dark Tape - 30 ft x 1 inch - Glow-in-the-Dark Luminous photoluminescent / luminescent emergency roll safety egress markers stairs, walls, steps, exit sign. Glowing pro theatre stage floor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NH0JTQX..._odhdCb11VA3JM
                Thanks for the link Steve. Ordered a roll. What are you doing making about 1/4" strips?
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Just finishing up my 8S version this afternoon. Did you use or really need the recommended flap to elevator mix?

Comment

Maiden and one other flight successful! She flies great!! Good power on the new 1390kV 8S fan and sounded amazingly smooth. Only needed a little trim to get her tracking straight. Take off from short manucured grass with half flaps was achieved in about 150'. Tracked beautifully through the air and man does it look good. I did most of my flight at about half throttle just taking it easy. Set up per the manual the high rates felt good to me. CG was per the manual as well with two Roaring Top 5000 70C packs. One 6S and the other 2S. Landed with full flaps and a slight tail wind so came in just a little hot but without issue. I couldn't be more happy or impressed with it. George got video of the maiden and will post it up soon. Now on to the mods starting with these...

A roll of the blue luminescent stick on vynil is already delivered since seeing your pics ???? I’m ready for maiden today with the 8S version. ( my first 8S ) I have the 6S system ready to install. I’ll fly them both, and stick with what suits my style of flying. I had the F-16 nose wheel, and I ordered a center burner the day I preordered the plane. There are no mechanical issues with mine at all.
                    The packaging on this plane was the best so far. UPS couldn’t even ding it up during the holidays haha.

Thanks MRC!

Comment

• Tinkered a lot this weekend with not a whole lot to show for it, but satisfying nonetheless. Set up the centerburner and lined up some aluminum tape. Wired up and attempted to organize the fuselage with my Shockwave sound system as well as toy around with possibilities for receiver and gyro placement. I ran a bunch of wire (not realizing I can actually plug into the board that attaches to the wings) to set up nav lights on the wing tips. Still need one more light cover from the T45 set to finish, but cut out and placed covers in designated areas. Cleaned up my extra channel with some foam tac, as well as any discrepancies around the light covers. Once I'm pleased with the results, I'll go ahead and airbrush to match. Coming along nicely although everything will likely come to a screeching halt with my wife being induced Wednesday!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by sailing1 View Post
                        Just finishing up my 8S version this afternoon. Did you use or really need the recommended flap to elevator mix?
                        I set my elevator trim in flight using flight mode trims. Mine needed some down elevator as the manual states.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Thanks for the link Steve. Ordered a roll. What are you doing making about 1/4" strips?
                          A little less than 1/4".

Comment

• Here is the maiden flight video.

And a few pics of the canopy frame and cockpit progress so far.

Name:	IMG_20181209_173059.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	165361

Name:	IMG_20181209_173108.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	165362

Comment

Here is the maiden flight video.

And a few pics of the canopy frame and cockpit progress so far.

Name:	IMG_20181209_173059.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	165361

Name:	IMG_20181209_173108.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	165362
                              As always RCJD, Looks awesome! nice work! :Cool:

Comment

• RCJD, Top Notch. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Very nice!!!

Comment

• Here is some telemetry data from one of my F-22 flights this weekend. Courtesy of my Eagle Tree eLogger with GPS module.Winds were honestly nil and not a factor. I tried to make a couple passes with minimal diving entry, rolling into full throttle as I came around the corner. :cool:

You can click on the image to bring up a larger resolution of the data

Comment

• Bajora, Was this an approximate 3.7-minute flight? Love the data feedback. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
                                        Hi I got my F-22 Thursday and this is my 5th Freewing jet. I have a question for those pilots using Spektrum receivers. With the receivers that can do 11ms frame rates for digital servos and being that these jets have digital servos in them how many of you are using 11ms frame rate when you setup these planes. I have been using 22ms on my other planes and it’s been working good. I was curious if I could be using 11ms instead of 22ms thanks.
                                        I'm using 11ms with my Avanti with no trouble, likely the servos are the same or similar
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• I can’t seem to make the landing gear to operate on my F22. Plugged it into AUX1, AUX2, and not working. Using a recent vintage (received from China last week) a Lemon Stabilizer Plus Receiver. I’ve had terrific results with Lemon.. Any others have this issue? Thanks..

Comment

Working...
                                          X