X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flying hawk View Post
    I can’t seem to make the landing gear to operate on my F22. Plugged it into AUX1, AUX2, and not working. Using a recent vintage (received from China last week) a Lemon Stabilizer Plus Receiver. I’ve had terrific results with Lemon.. Any others have this issue? Thanks..
    Give it more time it has a long delay.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Bajora, Was this an approximate 3.7-minute flight? Love the data feedback. Best, LB
      Hmmm ... probably honestly closer to a 3:00 minute duration flight

Comment

• Always love to see your mods Steve! So can't wait for this bird in my hangar!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Mine came in the mail this week. Will start the build over Christmas. I ordered the 8s - how do I confirm it's an 8s? I noticed the UBEC is the same as on my Yak-130 8s but that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
            Mine came in the mail this week. Will start the build over Christmas. I ordered the 8s - how do I confirm it's an 8s? I noticed the UBEC is the same as on my Yak-130 8s but that's all.
            The easiest way is look down the exhaust nozzles. The 8s is an inrunner motor, the 6s is an outrunner motor
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post

I'm using 11ms with my Avanti with no trouble, likely the servos are the same or similar
              Thanks for reply. I been using 11ms on my large scale gas planes using digital servos and the servos like it better. I will have to rebind my other Freewing jets with 11ms and see how it goes. I’ll start with my Avanti to see if there isn’t any difference while sitting on the bench when using 22ms and 11ms.

Comment

• Awesome Job Steve! Love the pile of PVC stands in the background! LOL. I always seem to building a custom one! :-)
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  Awesome Job Steve! Love the pile of PVC stands in the background! LOL. I always seem to building a custom one! :-)
                  Thanks. Yeah they do tend to pile up don't they. :)

Comment

• Question for Alpha, in the manual it gives a max value of 32mm for the flap setting. They seem like they can go much lower so just wondering if going lower leads to some bad tendencies? Also, any idea when spare parts might be in stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Question for Alpha, in the manual it gives a max value of 32mm for the flap setting. They seem like they can go much lower so just wondering if going lower leads to some bad tendencies? Also, any idea when spare parts might be in stock?
                      It can be landed with more flap, but we preferred the 32mm so that's what made it into the manual. Too much flap and they tend to blank out the stab's effectiveness depending on the AoA of common approaches. Most modelers are keeping the nose up for slower and shorter approaches, so less flap is more often better than too much. For pilots coming in longer and flatter under power, a higher flap than spec'd could be used --your mileage may vary.

Spares should be very soon --call Tech Support and see if they have an ETA yet.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Makes sense. Thank you sir! I only have two flights on mine but I love it. Well done.

Comment

• Bajora, was your data using a 6S F-22? If so, it seems like +120mph is possible on 8S!!!

Comment

• Been working on the F-22. I am doing my standard list of things for all my larger EDF's... First, the EDF unit and ESC come out for inspection. More times than not, there is a screw a little loose, or the connection(s) between the ESC and the motor.

Comment

• I put the color coding on the 130 amp ESC to match the motor leads. I also cut the tie wrap off the capacitor pack and replaced it with heat shrink. I cut the factory EC5 connector off to remove it and the included 8amp BEC. Then a new EC5 was attached. A new jumper was assembled to add a Castle Creations 20amp Pro, and the telemetry sensor lead for the Spektum receiver. ( 9 channel 9030T) So that is the plan for far!!! Lastly, I am going to make a stand-off for the ESC. It has really nice cooling vents, but when it is screwed down to the plywood mount, no air can circulate.... So 1/16th ply should do the trick to lift the ESC slightly...

Comment

• Well, I'm glad you guys all got your planes and having fun mine came in missing the aluminunm elevator control horns don't know, when I'll be getting them this is from motion sort of sucks also check your wires from motor to esc mine had one unplugged.

Hi Dan,
                                The part you require is currently out of stock so I have added your email address to the "NOTIFY ME WHEN BACK IN STOCK" field on that product's page on our website Our system will automatically email you a notification as soon as the product is restocked and available for replacement. Once you receive that email please reply to this Ticket and we will be happy to send it out.
                                Best Regards,

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                                  Well, I'm glad you guys all got your planes and having fun mine came in missing the aluminunm elevator control horns don't know, when I'll be getting them this is from motion sort of sucks also check your wires from motor to esc mine had one unplugged.

Hi Dan,
                                  The part you require is currently out of stock so I have added your email address to the "NOTIFY ME WHEN BACK IN STOCK" field on that product's page on our website Our system will automatically email you a notification as soon as the product is restocked and available for replacement. Once you receive that email please reply to this Ticket and we will be happy to send it out.
                                  Best Regards,

LOL
                                  I expect it shouldn't take long. Still a bummer though.

Comment

• Are the ones from the F-15 or F-14 the same part number? They look almost identical...
                                    Just a thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      Are the ones from the F-15 or F-14 the same part number? They look almost identical...
                                      Just a thought...
                                      I looked them up. They seem to be the same, at least on the F-14 and F-15 (FJ308110918) Different number on the F-22, they are ALL out of stock... :-( Sorry. I tried!!!

Comment

• Just a word of caution on pivot rods for horizontal stab, mine were tight on bearing and had to polish rod to get a push fit. For some one not familiar with ball bearings, you don't want to put too much pressure on bearing or inner race may break out. Just a little bit of polishing and I could push it on rod. Just didn't want any one breaking the bushing, there most likely no spare parts in yet. I did have a strange one setting up plane. I put nose wheel steering on Aux 2 and mixed it with rudder. When I extend the gear, only the nose gear works and no rudder. When I retract the gear both work. I did this on my L-39 as well and it works as it should. Going to recheck every thing tomorrow. Any body have this happed, separating nose gear steering?

Comment

• Hi guys. This came today and is my Christmas gift!! My wife will be in possession of it until then. I am worried about the ding on the side of the box. Can someone who has opened theirs tell me if this is in a bad place and I should be worried or nothing to worry about?

Thank you so much. Can't wait to get this in the air!

Comment

Working...
                                          X