Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, on its way! It's going to be a long winter before it flys though.......

Comment

• Gee thanks MRC on your quick delivery!?! Package arrives this Thursday. The box goes under the tree until Dec 25. Arrrgghhhhh. I still need to find an equivalent amount of quilting equipment for the better half.

Comment

• I'm told there is something called a fabric cutter for $800. I think that makes us even!!! She supports my hobby, I support hers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post

How well balanced are these LiPo packs?
          This video compares how well Hobbystart 8ah 100c lipos actually perform in reality. When pitted against Turnigy Graphene lipo's will only a 65c rating and a ...

Comment

• I like the hobbystar packs because they have more capacity for a given weight. For example, their 4600mah 4s 35c, which weigh about as much as an eflite 3000mah 4s or Turnigy Graphene 2700mah 4s. I don't use them in anything pulling anywhere near 35c, realistically only 15-20c tops, but I get great flight times from them.

Those 4600 packs won't work here though, as they only have xt 60 plugs, but they sell a 5200mah 8s pack with xt90 that only weighs like 850g. Little pricy at $130, but the flight times with that low weight would be really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
              I like the hobbystar packs because they have more capacity for a given weight. For example, their 4600mah 4s 35c, which weigh about as much as an eflite 3000mah 4s or Turnigy Graphene 2700mah 4s. I don't use them in anything pulling anywhere near 35c, realistically only 15-20c tops, but I get great flight times from them.

Those 4600 packs won't work here though, as they only have xt 60 plugs, but they sell a 5200mah 8s pack with xt90 that only weighs like 850g. Little pricy at $130, but the flight times with that low weight would be really good.
              I have the 8s version on the way, so everything I say goes out the window for 6s. I have no experience with their 6s packs. Probably very similar though.

edit: dang, I hit quote instead of edit.

Comment

• Update from UPS it's on the truck and will be delivered this afternoon. This is the equivalent of "Santa Watch" for adults. Looking forward to breaking things open tonight and planning out the project!

Comment

• Originally posted by JayP View Post
                  I like the hobbystar packs because they have more capacity for a given weight. For example, their 4600mah 4s 35c, which weigh about as much as an eflite 3000mah 4s or Turnigy Graphene 2700mah 4s. I don't use them in anything pulling anywhere near 35c, realistically only 15-20c tops, but I get great flight times from them.

yeah I love the hobbstar parks. I have 8 of them now. The 35c 4600s and 5200s are incredibly light and perform well. The 45c 5200 is even better. I plan on using the 5200s in the f22. As well as my gens ace ,chl and heavy duties. I will be using the fms edf in mine. The 70 and 80mm fms fans are so chill amps wise on the batts though. The batts get much hotter with the freewing outrunners so much so that I wont use the 4600s in the L39 or Red Avanti anymore but in the fms bae 80 no problemo they are by far the best pack for 70 and 80 fms fans.I think the 35c hobbystar packs are more truly 25c but they are so light it's worth it in most applications. I'd recommend the 45c rated ones (truly 35c probably lol)for the freewing outrunners however

Comment

• F-22 8s delivery tomorrow, must have got the tail end of the preorder as I ordered really late. You guy Rock !

Comment

• Opened her up tonight. Everything is solid, ready to start this project tomorrow. I've got some big plans for this one. For the record, the battery bay is incredibly cavernous. Plenty of room for just about anything.

Comment

• F-22 Aileron and flap hinge play?

I just received my F22 last night. Checking it this morning. Both wings ailerons and flaps hinges have between 1-2 mm of play/slop. (In /out) My Avanti, A4, and L39 have virtually none. Does your F22 have this amount of play? Thanks Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by EDJEFF View Post
                          F-22 8s delivery tomorrow, must have got the tail end of the preorder as I ordered really late. You guy Rock !
                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                            For the record, the battery bay is incredibly cavernous. Plenty of room for just about anything.
                            I concur. This has got to be the biggest battery compartment out of any foam plane I've ever seen. Seriously, it's large enough to swallow the entire U.S. deficit.

Comment

Seriously, it's large enough to swallow the entire U.S. deficit.
                              Now thats a big one! haha

Comment

• Christmas came early.

Comment

• Out of curiosity what type of camera are you using? I've been thinking about installing a outdoor security camera, but doesn't really want to drill holes in the wall to run wires. Arlo Pro looks pretty attractive but the battery doesn't last very long.

Comment

• Looking forward to the build and flight reports. Mine arrived today and promptly went under the tree. Can't complain. Just glad it will fly come Spring.

Comment

Out of curiosity what type of camera are you using? I've been thinking about installing a outdoor security camera, but doesn't really want to drill holes in the wall to run wires. Arlo Pro looks pretty attractive but the battery doesn't last very long.
                                      Sry to derail, Amazon cams are 1080 p super clear and service is free up to 3 cams, also viewable and recordable via phone app. I have 3 and glad I did get it as I caught someone stealing oil out of my heating oil tank last year.
                                      BTW Thank you Motion/ for the fast shipment, The craftsmanship and design is beautiful ! Not so sure about the UBEC on the 8s version, would have been great for the Bec to be intergrated in the Esc.
                                      And the anti spark is a great add though !
                                      I just Can’t help myself I’ll be out to the field tomorrow.
                                      In freezing N.J.

Comment

Out of curiosity what type of camera are you using? I've been thinking about installing an outdoor security camera, but doesn't really want to drill holes in the wall to run wires. Arlo Pro looks pretty attractive but the battery doesn't last very long.
                                        Flanker, We use Arlo and like 'em a lot. We have 6 cameras on 2 systems all outdoors. I did have to drill for mounting on 3 of these but used their mounts and it took longer to 'aim' the cameras than it did to do the install. Worth it for us. No real programming, just scheduling and battery replacement about once a year. Just my $00.02USD. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Flanker, We use Arlo and like 'em a lot. We have 6 cameras on 2 systems all outdoors. I did have to drill for mounting on 3 of these but used their mounts and it took longer to 'aim' the cameras than it did to do the install. Worth it for us. No real programming, just scheduling and battery replacement about once a year. Just my $00.02USD. Best, LB
                                          Awesome, thank you! By "battery replacement" do you mean recharging the batteries? Or actually replace them? Okay, now back on topic ...:)

Comment

Working...
                                          X