X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
    Out of curiosity what type of camera are you using? I've been thinking about installing a outdoor security camera, but doesn't really want to drill holes in the wall to run wires. Arlo Pro looks pretty attractive but the battery doesn't last very long.
    I would need to call my friend. They did the install. I have 13 cameras and they are great during the day and at night. I am posting the full picture for you to see. I will post the cameras and the dvr that we have.

Comment

• Well, now I get to wait until Dec 25 to open. Sigh Click image for larger version

Name:	20181206_174527.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	164962

Comment

• Its a giant advent calender....take a peek...lol
        Just kidding.
        Congrats !
        Mine comes on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
          Its a giant advent calender....take a peek...lol
          Just kidding.
          Congrats !
          Mine comes on Monday.
          I like the way you think!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
            Out of curiosity what type of camera are you using? I've been thinking about installing a outdoor security camera, but doesn't really want to drill holes in the wall to run wires. Arlo Pro looks pretty attractive but the battery doesn't last very long.
            Not to get too off topic but I use Arlo Pro at my house. No wires, super easy, works really well. I've only had it 2 months but it looks like I'm another 2 months from needing to charge the cameras. It sounds like most people get 2-4 months before charging. Not to be confused with the original Arlo which did not have rechargeable batteries.

Comment

• Does anyone know how long are the ESC leads for this plane?

Comment

• Any chance pre order 2 will come early ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post
                  Does anyone know how long are the ESC leads for this plane?
                  About 7-8".

Comment

• I got my 8S bird today and this thing is a beast if a plane. New style of hinges make them almost invisible. Nice touches all around and I don't feel the need to re-paint it! LOL Everything worked perfectly and I noticed no slop in my aileron and flap hinges. I plan to fly it stock and will then do a few mods. Cockpit detail, opening canopy, RC Geek center burner and nav lights. Anxious to try out this new 1390kV fan. Overall I am very impressed with it so far. When I first opened the box I thought the vertical fins were the wing... :Silly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181206_194023.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	164984

Comment

• One thing I can't figure out is where the extra decals go?

Comment

• Dang that looks good...

Comment

• Nice area for receivers under the Battery and kinda close to the Cg.

Comment

• Can someone help me explain this.
                            From where should I measure the 5.5mm? From down move 5.5 mmm to up?

Comment

• Make sure you check your plane out carefully. I have approximately a 12" seam that is not sealed/connected. It's the right side of the battery area/right intake. I went ahead and added some medium CA. If I want a little better seal, I'll add a strip of fiberglass and 30 minute epoxy. I don't think this is a structural area and will affect the overall strength of the plane. I'll update after my first flight, likely next Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
                                Can someone help me explain this.
                                From the center of the leading edge, to the “ body line” of the fuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
                                  Can someone help me explain this.
                                  What is where your elevator should be positioned at neutral stick.

Comment

• Got mine put together last night. I did notice with certain flap deflections and certain rates for the ailerons, the aileron hits the flap. Also, one screw for each stab are too long and won't screw in flush where it is supposed to sit. Watched the build video James did and looked close and his seemed to be the same way though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                      Got mine put together last night. I did notice with certain flap deflections and certain rates for the ailerons, the aileron hits the flap. Also, one screw for each stab are too long and won't screw in flush where it is supposed to sit. Watched the build video James did and looked close and his seemed to be the same way though.
                                      No interference with flaps and stabs on mine. I don't think the screws are intended to sit flush that hold the stab pivot rods. Mine stick out too. I did also like the ball bearings inside the stabs, very smooth.

Comment

• Just got my shipping confirmation !! I was in pre-order number 2 !!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

No interference with flaps and stabs on mine. I don't think the screws are intended to sit flush that hold the stab pivot rods. Mine stick out too. I did also like the ball bearings inside the stabs, very smooth.
                                          Well that is interesting! It was one of the first things I noticed when going over the plane as I was building last night. Before I connected the control rods on the ailerons or flaps and was moving them around looking at the hinges, I noticed at certain angles they can touch and interfere with each other. Maybe they won't with the rates per the manual since I haven't measured my rates yet to set them exact. But, they definitely can touch with the flaps deployed at a decent amount and pretty high rate on the aileron. I'll take some pictures tonight. But, if anyone else is building, check to see if yours can interfere before putting the control rods on please!

Comment

Working...
                                          X