X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
    Fuse to wing width: 5 3/4 in., Wing/fuse to nose: 14 3/4in. long. Hope this helps!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
    Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Yes, the F-22 can operate on short grass fields like the F-4. The F-22's taller single nose wheel cuts through grass easier than the F-4's smaller double wheel, while the F-4's main wheels give a wider stance than the F-22's narrower main wheels.

You can see a takeoff and landing on grass at the end of the flight review video that James posted earlier:

Bajora, thanks for posting those photos! Your photos show off the subtle shading gradients and different tones of the various decals. Difficult to describe in writing, but the net result to the human eye is more depth and realism.
      Hi
      I have one this F22 on order and very pleased with your new design. I have many other Freewing jets including the T45. I am wondering why Motion RC didn't put the complete landing gear door setup, full set of lights and metal trailing links on the gear. I don't mean to be negative, I am just wondering why these things were not offered. I have found the plastic trailing links to be fragile on hard grass landings. :)

Thanks for another great EDF Jet
      Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Hi
        I have one this F22 on order and very pleased with your new design. :) Thanks for another great EDF Jet. Rich
        RJ53, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great peeps and better 411. Best, Elbee
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi
          I have one this F22 on order and very pleased with your new design. I have many other Freewing jets including the T45. I am wondering why Motion RC didn't put the complete landing gear door setup, full set of lights and metal trailing links on the gear. I don't mean to be negative, I am just wondering why these things were not offered. I have found the plastic trailing links to be fragile on hard grass landings. :)

Rich
          +1 on lighting package.

I've an 8s model on order but I am also a little perplexed about lack of lights that almost all other Freewing 90mm jets seem to have!

Comment

• Keep in mind this is a stealth fighter. If you search for images on the plane there really is no lighting. The only lights on the plane which are not on the model are near the wing tips dorsal/ventral. I thought Alpha mentioned there would be an upgrade to account for lighting, or you could be like me, grab a GT power set and fabricate an access point for the lights where indicated on the jet wings.

Also keep in mind that decisions are made on these aircraft to maximize performance while minimizing cost so that more folks can buy them. Sorry to snap off here but I've seen some pretty incredible releases in the last year and a half and it seems that there's always someone who has some profound concern or complaint. This is a great hobby and we have access to incredible products which we can freely customize however we choose.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/ib6cqDEc2hw seems like it would have been easy to install the wing lights, especially when you consider all the effects and lights on something like the t-45

Comment

• Alpha and James mentioned at the release that the 8s version promo video would be out in a couple weeks. Any update on that?

Comment

• I can't wait to get a hold of an F-22! I am going to do the center burner from RC Geek. I watched their installation video, and it is just too easy! I gotta have this bird since I worked on it! It will be hanging in my office when not at the field. Thanks FW and MotionRC!

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                    https://youtu.be/ib6cqDEc2hw seems like it would have been easy to install the wing lights, especially when you consider all the effects and lights on something like the t-45
                    Ok, but again price point. You'd think another $10-20 to the bottom line for the model and while someone like me your you wouldn't mind paying the extra for more of a stock scale feature, someone else will have a problem with the price (which has been done already for some). The lights were likely cut out because it'd be an easy mod/addition for those who want to do it. The F22 is not a Christmas tree, like the T45. As the so eloquent marketing of the Bud Light folks say, "For the many, not the few."

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RJ53, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Great peeps and better 411. Best, Elbee
                      Hi Elbee

Thank you. I usually read more than post in these forums. I am really happy with the Freewing Jets and Motion RC has awesome customer service. I just wanted ask a couple of questions regarding the F22.... I hope MRC can comment too

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                        Keep in mind this is a stealth fighter. If you search for images on the plane there really is no lighting. The only lights on the plane which are not on the model are near the wing tips dorsal/ventral. I thought Alpha mentioned there would be an upgrade to account for lighting, or you could be like me, grab a GT power set and fabricate an access point for the lights where indicated on the jet wings.

Also keep in mind that decisions are made on these aircraft to maximize performance while minimizing cost so that more folks can buy them. Sorry to snap off here but I've seen some pretty incredible releases in the last year and a half and it seems that there's always someone who has some profound concern or complaint. This is a great hobby and we have access to incredible products which we can freely customize however we choose.
                        Well respectfully, like I said, I was not trying to be negative. These are not complaints and they are only questions ….. I own many of these fine jets. My questions are mainly asking why MRC made some of these decisions. If you are spending $479 for a EDF jet another 5-10 bucks is not going to make much difference.

1\ I understand this is a stealth project, but nav lights could help you see this thing when it gets outside the pattern.
                        2\ complete landing gear doors would be very nice for scale looks
                        3\ Aluminum landing gear scissor links would make the gear more durable for grass landings.

All the best
                        Rich

Comment

• It already has aluminum landing gear. Are you talking about the trailing link style instead of the Oleo style it comes with?

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
                            It already has aluminum landing gear. Are you talking about the trailing link style instead of the Oleo style it comes with?
                            He meant the scissor link, which is the plastic part in the nose gear that in reality serve the purpose of preventing the nose gear from rotating. Here it's just for scale appearance. It's purpose is already replace by a grub screw.

Comment

• OK OK.... Im in! :-)

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                OK OK.... Im in! :-)
                                Boolyah!!!

Comment

• So who ISN'T doing the RCGeek Centerburner mod for this gorgeous gal?

Seems like it was made for this bird. Cannot. Wait.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
                                    It already has aluminum landing gear. Are you talking about the trailing link style instead of the Oleo style it comes with?
                                    Yes, I mean on the nose gear. (based on the photos) I wonder if the scissor link breaks can the wheel turn? I assume the steering arm connected to the servo should prevent the wheel from moving beyond the intended travel. The only reason I said anything is I have had trouble with the FMS Corsair main gear using the same plastic parts.

Rich

Comment

Yes, I mean on the nose gear. (based on the photos) I wonder if the scissor link breaks can the wheel turn? I assume the steering arm connected to the servo should prevent the wheel from moving beyond the intended travel. The only reason I said anything is I have had trouble with the FMS Corsair main gear using the same plastic parts.

Rich

The scissor links function is already replaced by a separate screw. Not only here but in most of the planes. Take a look at the picture. Although the plastic link help up to certain (very few) level, I guess it's here only for the scale look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        So who ISN'T doing the RCGeek Centerburner mod for this gorgeous gal?

Seems like it was made for this bird. Cannot. Wait.
                                        Totally, that is the next Purchase.... Hope we get an F4 like surprise and she shows up early!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Hi

Rich
                                          Could it be because of weight issues?

Comment

Working...
                                          X