X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    So.... not seeing this on the squawk.... but mentioned a few times over in RCG....
    Ailerons +- 20mm, Elevators +-20mm at TE, full Flaps 30mm down, Rudder +-20mm, 2mm elevator UP (not down as in manual ) mix with full flaps, manual CG at 150mm.
    After trying several flight stabilizers this year, (cortex, aura, jeti assist rx’s) I found when adding elevator mix to flaps, it screwed up the trim when flaps were turned off. With jeti, I’m sure there is a way to handle this but I haven’t spent much time experimenting.

What i I have found to eliminate the need for elevator trim when flaps are used is to put a 5-8 second delay on the flap channel. So far this has worked on four different models.

Guess ill I’ll find out if this applies to the F22 in a few hours. I’m using a standard 7 channel (no gyro) rx in this one. Good luck with your maiden.

John
    Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• F22 in the pocket https://youtu.be/-eGXBaFaZYE

Comment

• Originally posted by flying hawk View Post

Not sure what receiver you are using, but I have a Lemon Stabilizer Plus 7 channel, and even though the manual says to use the bind “channel” for the gear, it would not work. Apparently, larger size landing gear represents a low impedance load, and the bind slot on the receiver couldn’t tolerate it. From RC Groups I discovered that by switching the flap channel with the gear channel, all is well and it works..
        Non gyro 9 channel. I gave up and put the rudders on a Y and mixing the nose steering on a separate channel.
        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

So.... not seeing this on the squawk.... but mentioned a few times over in RCG....
          Ailerons +- 20mm, Elevators +-20mm at TE, full Flaps 30mm down, Rudder +-20mm, 2mm elevator UP (not down as in manual ) mix with full flaps, manual CG at 150mm.
          I set all the throws to the high rate values in the manual and found that they felt good to me and I usually do not like very sensitive throws. When I flew mine I had to add down elevator trim for take off and landing flaps to achieve level flight in each of those modes.

Comment

• Thanks Steve!
            So you stayed with the Manual for elevator to flap mix! .... Thats how I have mine setup now. hmmmmmm:Confused:
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I use flight modes and flight mode trims so I trim the elevator in flight for each flap position but it did need down accordingly.

Comment

• Thanks Steve!!! SUCCESS!!! LOVE this plane!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Hmmm, up elevator would defy logic.. I need to research this.

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx

After trying several flight stabilizers this year, (cortex, aura, jeti assist rx’s) I found it adding elevator mix to flaps screwed up the trim when flaps were turned off. With jeti, I’m sure there is a way to handle this but I haven’t spent much time experimenting.

What i I have found to eliminate the need for elevator trim when flaps are used is to put a 5-8 second delay on the flap channel. So far this has worked on four different models.

Guess ill I’ll find out if this applies to the F22 in a few hours. Good luck with your maiden.

John
                    Maiden and three additional flights performed today. Breezy but it flew nice. Easier to land than my other EDF’s. Handles high alpha very well in the 10 mph wind we had all day. Response to throttle input to control sink rate=excellent.

Great job MRC!!

Flap to elevator mix not used or necessary.

Comment

• With the 90mm F-16 using flaperons, it does require up elevator mix, as the nose pitches down when flaps are deployed.

Comment

• We maidened a Raptor today and it flew very well. On the last landing, it was a little hot and it went off the end of the runway into the grass and bent the nose gear back a little {hit a small hole}. I have noticed that several have swapped out the nose gear, I think for a F 16 nose gear, I assume that it is a fold back gear vs. the one that comes on it being a plunger gear. Sure would appreciate some help on this.

Comment

• They only replaced the wheel, not the entire nose gear itself.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post

Maiden and three additional flights performed today. Breezy but it flew nice. Easier to land than my other EDF’s. Handles high alpha very well in the 10 mph wind we had all day. Response to throttle input to control sink rate=excellent.

Great job MRC!!

Flap to elevator mix not used or necessary.
                            Congrats! I was able to Maiden yesterday plus one. I didn’t use any mix either for flap to elevator but I will say the book is correct. With flaps deployed the nose does come up a little which means the manual callout for some down is correct. Nothing crazy. As long as you keep some throttle in you won’t bleed off too much. Sweet jet for sure.

Comment

• Nice flights Ryan! I was concerned on that last slo-mo landing that you were going to catch a wing tip, but you made it sing....

Comment

• My Maiden report, Originally posted on FB. This was Today!

WOO HOO Successful maiden.... 3 flights.... wind straight down runway and kind a lot of wind LOL ... In the pattern the down wind was really moving... then on final... she wanted to stop ..... Not optimal for a maiden but we got er done!!!!

Went with down Elevator mix... Really like Low rate elevator with a slightly higher rate on the low rate Aileron. Bleeds energy in the turns.... flying 6S... Truly a trainer for other less forgiving EDF's... will teach you fly the higher alpha approach on final! This will be my new Touch and go bird.. sorry no vid... she is home safe!! Thanks Motion!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ryramZ View Post

Congrats! I was able to Maiden yesterday plus one. I didn’t use any mix either for flap to elevator but I will say the book is correct. With flaps deployed the nose does come up a little which means the manual callout for some down is correct. Nothing crazy. As long as you keep some throttle in you won’t bleed off too much. Sweet jet for sure.
                                  As mentioned in this video, I think I’ll add a gyro too. I found the wing rock in a stiff breeze unsightly. We all have different opinions on setup and the feel we are after. I will need to get another dozen flights or so to get it where I want to be.

Sure was was nice to go out with a new model and have zero issues. The guys at my club loved it.

Comment

• I was thinking the same...So.... Hobby Eagle Gyro....or this......

Comment

• The aura 8 was the first flight stabilizer I tried. Worked great but requires dragging a laptop to field to make adjustments. I’m not familiar with the hobby eagle, so no comment.

Since you you fly jeti, I would use a Rex 7 assist. One device that serves as rx and flight stabilization (gyros). The real benefit comes with all adjustments performed via your Tx.

i have found the cortex pro to have a slight edge in a high performance 3D plane...but at a much higher cost ($300 + cost of rx).

Comment

• Got the maiden in today on my 8S version. Great day here with temps around 60 and almost no wind. F22 set up pretty much per the book flying with Admiral 6s and 2s 5000c packs. Did 6 flights and found the 8S allowed 4 min flights with mixed throttle and all resulting in 25-30% battery left. Did all takeoffs with no flaps. First landing with zero headwind and no flaps on to paved runway was great but had at least a 250 ft roll out. Read pretty fast. Did the rest of the landings with flaps In landing position and found that I really didn't like the flap to elevator mix. I found that putting the flaps in at the right speed without the mix allowed the plane to take a nice med. Alpha angle that let me manage the glide with the throttle pretty much like I do with my turbine jets. Not that this is the correct approach for all but worked for me. Had a great day and really like the 8S version.

Comment

• This is how I mounted the receiver. Underneath the battery tray. Lots of zip ties and one extension For the UBEC. Super clean and out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X