X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

I added this to my Raptor just like my Avanti as a saftey measure.
    Did you custom a piece or print one out?
    Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Nice shots Pat! How is your F-14 compared to the F-4 and F-22?
      Now that I've put the A-10 power system in it, it flies better. Not as fast as the F-22 on 8S, and about the same as the F-4 on 6S. But it's such a sweet flying plane! I'm moving up to bigger jets now (I have a Tamjet A-4 and a Byron F-16, soon getting a Skymaster F-15) so I'm getting rid of a lot of my 70-90mm planes, but the F-22, F-4, F-14, A-10 and FlexJet will remain as they are my best flying planes. I need to keep something to take to the field when I don't feel like dragging the big jets out. ;)
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        Now that I've put the A-10 power system in it, it flies better. Not as fast as the F-22 on 8S, and about the same as the F-4 on 6S. But it's such a sweet flying plane! I'm moving up to bigger jets now (I have a Tamjet A-4 and a Byron F-16, soon getting a Skymaster F-15) so I'm getting rid of a lot of my 70-90mm planes, but the F-22, F-4, F-14, A-10 and FlexJet will remain as they are my best flying planes. I need to keep something to take to the field when I don't feel like dragging the big jets out. ;)

Ever since reading about the A-10 fan upgrade to the Tomcat I have been waiting for these units to be back in stock ....UGH! :-)
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Maiden plus two more for mine today. Mild 8s setup (700-68/1500 with JetFan 90 rotor in a Freewing housing) gives decent flight times and decent power when on the throttle. No video of the maiden but it needed several down clicks of elevator from what the manual calls for. It actually rotated on it's own with no elevator input and started climbing. I landed at the 3.5 minute mark and was amazed to find the packs running around 3.9 per cell. (but I was taking it pretty easy on the 1st time up) Thinking I may go to the 3rd hole in on the elevators. (or remember to fly on low rate) First landing was kind of porpoise but did get it down with no harm done

Videos of the second and third flight by SoloShot 3.

Had to do a go around on this one after deciding it was a little too hot and too high to land

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
            https://youtu.be/zQddNbcs_ds

I finally quit flying her long enough to put the lights on.

For the lenses, I carefully cut out the rhombus shape. Then overlaid the light lenses from the Flightline P-38. Trimmed off the excess on both sides and squared the ends. Sheet styrene triangles added to both ends, and support tabs added to bottom to glue all 3 pieces together. Masked off the light bubble, Rustoleum filling primer and carefully glued in from underneath with Foamtac. (The Rustoleum filling primer is also a close match for the rudder servos, mask off with sticky notes)

To run the lighting wires I removed the aileron servo from its pocket, pulled the wire out back to the circuit board, and unscrewed the wing circuit board. I deepend the hole with a flat blade screw driver, then cut a foam channel most of the way from the aileron servo pocket to the rhombus. I plugged the upper and lower nav lights into the board, and the lower Nav lights only come on when the gear is down.

I added two two sets of Y’d wires from the Main control board to the Wing pocket with connectors at the wing pocket. I then ran a Red and a White light to each wingtip and reinstalled the aileron servo. The plugs for the red and white wire are left loose over the wing circuit board, then rescrewed that back into the wing root. White Strobes at the back upper half of the light blister, and respective nav lights at the front. Red lights at the back of each bottom blister, and respective nav lights on the front of each bottom.

My jet has dual upper strobes (White), upper and lower nav lights, as well as lower beacon (red) lights like the real F-22. I used the light kit from the Freewing F-14. The lower navs are only on when the gear is down.

I also added 2 lights to the main gear to aid with orientation on post sunset landings. With just the nose light, it is so bright you can glare over the aircraft shape and lose orientation.
            Spectacular Work.... I Think I may do this!!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Had a Bec failure on the 8s setup I used a y adaptor to split the lead as there is only 1 to the blue box and to my Jeti.rex 7 Anyone think this to be a problem.
              I have 2 good flights before the brownout in the process of sending the logs to Jeti to see what they say. The Bec should have at least 2 leads for redundancy.

Comment

• Glad I'm putting in a CC 20a BEC to avoid this sort of thing. Hopefully this isn't a recurring issue for folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post

Did you custom a piece or print one out?
                  I made three of them for myself and a couple of friends. I made them just a little thicker than the ones for the Advanti.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

I made three of them for myself and a couple of friends. I made them just a little thicker than the ones for the Advanti.
                    Would you be willing to share the file?
                    Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post

Would you be willing to share the file?
                      Really not a file. Just mearsured and cut and shaped them out of a piece of wood with a Dremel tool. Not hard and works nicely.

Comment

• For anything over 4S, I don't use BEC. I disable ESC BEC or clip ut any installed separate BEC and go to LiFe pack(s) for the RX

High current will test the factory solder joints on your batteries and ESC. I've had them fail the test. By having a separate RX power supply I still had control of the model.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dual Prop Dave;n168092]
                          Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          The opening canopy mod is basically done and works pretty good. I will probably try some small magnets up front to help secure the canopy when closed and will report how that works. Here are a couple videos and a few pics of it.

As always, Very nice work there Steve! That's Awesome!:Cool:
                          IMHO you should only need 1 rare earth magnet at the front to hold it forgoing any added strain to the servo upon opening. ;)

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
                          Might want a pushrod to shove a wedge between magnets to aid in opening (splitting the magnets from each other). That's a LOT of leverage on the small servo.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• After my maiden last week, I installed a jeti assist rx (gyros). What a great upgrade. Only took a few minutes to get it tuned in to my liking. The guys I fly with could see the difference, and so could I. Wing rock was gone and all 3 flights were in a 10 mph cross wind. High alpha landings were spot on and I fly from a 300 ft. geotex runway. So glad to see that brakes are not needed. I cannot believe how slow it flies during the landing approach, while still having full control authority...and in a crosswind.
                            Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Originally posted by EDJEFF View Post
                              Had a Bec failure on the 8s setup I used a y adaptor to split the lead as there is only 1 to the blue box and to my Jeti.rex 7 Anyone think this to be a problem.
                              I have 2 good flights before the brownout in the process of sending the logs to Jeti to see what they say. The Bec should have at least 2 leads for redundancy.
                              Interesting....I fly jeti as well, and after 20 years of flying helis, have been nervous with these edf bec's from motion and others. Three models and hundreds of flights, I have not had a issue. Still contemplating something similar to a Optiguard plugged in to rx as a backup. Guess the reason I've been nervous is because of what I have spent on high end esc's/with built in bec’s in the past to have no issues. Easy to drop $1000 on a kontroniks kosmik, plus a 2S lipo for backup.
                              Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

•  

Comment

• Great flight and camera work. Your wing lights show very nicely. What cam are you using?

Comment

• cannon vioxi with a green dot gun sight glued too the top

Comment

• For those that like their F22 to fly kinda like the real thing https://youtu.be/pqy-ANNqTtU

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                                        cannon vioxi with a green dot gun sight glued too the top
                                        Do you mean Vixia?
                                        May I ask what model?

Comment

• One more for fans of kinda scale https://youtu.be/bL6Wej8WufE

Comment

Working...
                                          X