Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making some forms to vacuum form light covers for the wings. Casting them from resin in silicone molds. When I have a bunch I will vacuum form them with clear PETG sheets.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181216_192940.jpg
Views:	1120
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	167065

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Woah!!! Great catch! wonder if it matters! .... I will go with factory recommendations! Thanks brother!
      Just saw this post. I have the UBEC plugged into an unused slot on the receiver. Where in the manual does it show where to plug the UBEC. Is it an addendum? I'm using the latest PDF manual online at Motion RC.

Thanks,

Luis

Comment

• F-22 External Tanks
        Showcasing my external tank mod and flight performance on the Freewing F-22 RAPTOR.
        The profile on this jet looks spectacular in the air, and is only improved with removable external drop tanks.

The flight envelope has been full tested and is as stable as the stock jet. Top speed and acceleration is barely affected. Pylons are fully removable.

I will share more details along with other modifications in a future post.

My jet is rocking the Centerburner LED afterburner from The RC Geek available here.
        The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Yet another fantastic product brought to you by the team at Motion RC.
        https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Comment

• Comment

• Wow!!! That’s a great flight video! Love the mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
              F-22 External Tanks
              Showcasing my external tank mod and flight performance on the Freewing F-22 RAPTOR.
              The profile on this jet looks spectacular in the air, and is only improved with removable external drop tanks.

The flight envelope has been full tested and is as stable as the stock jet. Top speed and acceleration is barely affected. Pylons are fully removable.

I will share more details along with other modifications in a future post.

My jet is rocking the Centerburner LED afterburner from The RC Geek available here.
              The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Yet another fantastic product brought to you by the team at Motion RC.
              https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
              Nice! What did you use for the tanks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luisito View Post

Just saw this post. I have the UBEC plugged into an unused slot on the receiver. Where in the manual does it show where to plug the UBEC. Is it an addendum? I'm using the latest PDF manual online at Motion RC.

Thanks,

Luis
                Luis, no mention of where to plug bec in in manual. The control board does have a slot labeled bec though.
                Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Hello,
                  I am interested by this F22, and I would like to know if any of you would have installed a turbine Kingtech K30 in it
                  because I tell myself that it will be lighter than electric 8S.

The estimate of weight in electrical 8S for example amounts to:
                  1000/1200 grs for the batteries
                  400/450 grs for the electric turbine with the motor
                  100/150 grs for the controller
                  At first I would take it in 8S because I take off on grass track and then see to convert it into a kero turbine.

can be info or links on it in kero turbine version ?

thank you,
                  D@v

Comment

• F-22 EXTERNAL TANK DEMO

This is the FULL DEMONSTRATION of the Freewing F-22 with my external tank mod. This shows the full flight envelope of the original aircraft, unaffected by the addition of external drop tanks.

Ripping high speed passes to high alpha slow flight, and all paired to a cult aviation film soundtrack many of you will recognize.

It’s long but fun, turn the volume up!

Stay tuned for more of my mods in future posts.

This is the stock 6S setup and my bird is rocking The RC Geek’s fantastic center burner, LED afterburner.

Special thanks to Camera Girl for filming!

Comment

• Guess I missed it. Wondered if anyone has clocked the speed of the 90mm Raptor

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                        Guess I missed it. Wondered if anyone has clocked the speed of the 90mm Raptor
                        From the description on the MRC site: "The F-22’s maximum level airspeed has been measured at 170KPH / 106MPH and 190KPH / 119MPH between the Standard and Deluxe versions, respectively."

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post

Luis, no mention of where to plug bec in in manual. The control board does have a slot labeled bec though.
                          I didn't even notice that but that is interesting. I plugged my bec into a slot on the Rx since that is what I have always done but I wonder if anyone is using this BEC slot on the blue box.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I didn't even notice that but that is interesting. I plugged my bec into a slot on the Rx since that is what I have always done but I wonder if anyone is using this BEC slot on the blue box.
                            My box has no slot for the UBEC. If you look on the blue box addendum sheet included with the F-22, the MCB-E (the box installed in my 6S Raptor), has no slot for the UBEC. On the other side of the sheet, the diagram for the MCB-D does have a slot for the UBEC and Afterburner LED. This is the only reference to the UBEC slot I can locate... Hope this helps with a bit of the confusion... I have installed a Castle Creations 20amp Pro which has two leads and both of those are plugged into my AR-9030T receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

My box has no slot for the UBEC. If you look on the blue box addendum sheet included with the F-22, the MCB-E (the box installed in my 6S Raptor), has no slot for the UBEC. On the other side of the sheet, the diagram for the MCB-D does have a slot for the UBEC and Afterburner LED. This is the only reference to the UBEC slot I can locate... Hope this helps with a bit of the confusion... I have installed a Castle Creations 20amp Pro which has two leads and both of those are plugged into my AR-9030T receiver.
                              I guess I added to the confusion by incorrectly identifying which MCB was in my 6S Raptor. Since I could not read the forward facing labels of the installed MCB, I counted ports using the wrong diagram.

Still believe the ubec input should connect on the power bus with the highest power demand. Meaning the bus where the servos are plugged in.

Have done this on cortex flight stabilizer and separate rc combo, aura 8 and rx combo, kontronics Kosmik/jeti rx/demon fbl install in my speed heli...all have and are still working without a glitch. Actually, the Kontronix has two leads from esc. One goes to fbl unit where servos are connected and the other plugs into rx. If I were using a castle pro, I would follow this method and run one lead to rx and one to MCB on the Raptor. I see no benefit to having two power leads from one source connected to the same power bus.

I did not come up with this method, but learned from the pros who were flying the same equipment. Before taking their advice, I used to only provide power to rx.

Just like Ike you can power a rx only system by providing power to just about any spare port on rx. It does not require a label that says “bec”. After looking harder at my MCB, I ended up plugging bec into aux 1/throttle ch 2 port.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D9036E9E-842E-46BB-AFB9-026836E26DCA.jpeg
Views:	1260
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	167143
                              Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• I agree on the distribution to the power bus. One lead to the receiver and one to the blue box and that would be the best you can ask in that setup... All the buses are positive, negative and, signal, so as long as you follow that pattern, it is all good!! Merry Christmas!!! :Cool::Gift:

Comment

• I just happened to be digging around in my parts bins over the weekend and found a main wheel for the 90mm F-16 new in the package. I will be switching the F-22 nose wheel out with that soon. At the same time I think I'm going to pull the JF90 8S system from the F-4 and put it in the Raptor, then drop the 6S into the F-4.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Did I read correctly... you can just attach the RCGEEK AFB light to the blue board? ???
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Heres mine!
                                      UNBOXING the Freewing F-22 Raptor

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                        Did I read correctly... you can just attach the RCGEEK AFB light to the blue board? ???
                                        I don't see why this wouldn't work. I believe Chris recommends a 2s lipo. Certainly of you're running anything else in the jet: sound, lights, etc, I'd split the power and run a 2s for the centerburner.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          I just happened to be digging around in my parts bins over the weekend and found a main wheel for the 90mm F-16 new in the package. I will be switching the F-22 nose wheel out with that soon. At the same time I think I'm going to pull the JF90 8S system from the F-4 and put it in the Raptor, then drop the 6S into the F-4.
                                          Out of curiosity, what’s the issue with the current wheel on the F22 and why is the 90mm F-16 wheel better?

Luis

Comment

Working...
                                          X