Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are good packs. I have used them and the 5800 8S Zippy Compacts (HK used to sell these and they would go on sale at an unbelievable $45 plus shipping and weigh 1000g ea). I have a number of 8S planes so I have no issue buying 8S packs.

Originally posted by tengarang View Post

good find, ill have to verify the weight of the two packs i posted, including the series adapter on my scale later today which I will for sure post the result; as i have two of them including the series adapter i made for it using XT90 ant spark connectors.

it serves me best to have two separate 4s packs which then would enable me to use those individual packs for other fleet activity purposes to maximize efficiency in tengarang fleet operations

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      The person here is using a JP set up. What is the person there using?
      That person will be me. ;)

JetFan 90mm
      HET 700-60-1120kv
      Castle Phoenix ICE2 HV80
      2x RoaringTop 6S 5000s

CGs at 145mm, so just slightly nose heavy, but should be fine.
      Pat

Comment

• Cool, good luck with the flight!

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        That person will be me. ;)

JetFan 90mm
        HET 700-60-1120kv
        Castle Phoenix ICE2 HV80
        2x RoaringTop 6S 5000s

CGs at 145mm, so just slightly nose heavy, but should be fine.

Comment

They are good packs. I have used them and the 5800 8S Zippy Compacts (HK used to sell these and they would go on sale at an unbelievable $45 plus shipping and weigh 1000g ea). I have a number of 8S planes so I have no issue buying 8S packs.

My Man thats perfect
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post
            PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

To all of you guys that are enjoying the F-22, check your nose gear! Maidened this morning really successfully, greased it on for the landing. Took it back to the bench to swap packs to go up again. Was mid-takeoff rollout when the front gear came off and sent the front of my beautiful F-22 into a dirt nap. Guess that's life with a grass field :(. Gonna contact Motion to get them to replace my gear doors and maybe gear assembly if the damage is too bad. All things considered, I'm glad it happened earlier than full rotation speed since the 8s bird is pretty heavy. Just such a shame to see my spotless new bird dinged up at all... Looking forward to getting back in the air though! Have a pic of the scene but HobbySquawk won't let me upload it.
            Happened to me too ;). Its that allen screw. Was not very tight from factory but it was my fault for not check it thoroughly. They have the flat spot flipped so it doesn't grab a flat spot. You can dremel one or just tighten it super tight https://youtu.be/WL6ime9sweo

Comment

• It maybe overkill to some as i often get criticized....
              your spending too much time checking things that dont need to be checked.

i say if its my plane by golly every screw servo esc motor fan is getting the tengarang screen

i cycle all servos for at least 2 hours on a servo tester and monitor any abnormal temperature patterns mainly if no failures within that timeframe persists...

In general there is a buffer of up to three days (most cases one day is enough) time before any kit is allowed inside the Tengarang shipping yard TGSY before assembly is allowed to take place

this applies to any vendor really

Comment

I rewired mine and added thrust vectoring. I have full span ailerons, full span flaps, crow (up ailerons and down flaps), tailerons, elevator to flap mix and rudder air brakes (both rudders in with elevator compensation). Flies absolutely awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UtXjl_rg4c
                Love to see how you accomplished the thrust vectoring...Great work!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post

Happened to me too ;). Its that allen screw. Was not very tight from factory but it was my fault for not check it thoroughly. They have the flat spot flipped so it doesn't grab a flat spot. You can dremel one or just tighten it super tight https://youtu.be/WL6ime9sweo
                  I have seen that happen with the flat spot on quite a few planes. Crazy how something like that happens!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Yes I commented he just needs to put a How To video up for those of us who are Mixing Challenged. LOL
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I'm sure there are multiple ways but I wanted simple and minimal extra weight so no extra servos.

Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Comment

• No mixing for thrust vectoring but I pulled out all the stock wiring and wired every servo to a separate channel on the receiver (12ch) and set up the crow, ailerons, flaps, tailerons, rudder brakes, etc in the radio.

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Yes I commented he just needs to put a How To video up for those of us who are Mixing Challenged. LOL

Comment

No mixing for thrust vectoring but I pulled out all the stock wiring and wired every servo to a separate channel on the receiver (12ch) and set up the crow, ailerons, flaps, tailerons, rudder brakes, etc in the radio.

I mixed the same setup and added it to a 3 way switch. How high are your rates when using all of them? I didn’t do TV

Comment

• My high rates are more or less the book high rates. I think the horizontal stabs are book high rate but aileron and rudder are slightly more. When I use full span flaps I have about half the book amount for the flaps and the ailerons match the same angle as the flaps so they have less travel. Hope that makes sense.

The crow was all, "that looks about right" since I didn't want too much and it falling out of the sky. To be honest the crow is more a conversation starter than a every flight use it thing. It works great after touchdown and taxying back. Looks cool too.

The full span ailerons and tailerons on high rate does an awesome fast axial roll.

The full span flaps are just a bit less stable on approach, a little tippy.

I have proper elevator comp mixed in in all these modes and it's amazing that I can go from normal flaps to crow to full span flaps with no pitch up or down. The programing has been really fun...

Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I mixed the same setup and added it to a 3 way switch. How high are your rates when using all of them? I didn’t do TV

Comment

These are 459g each. Add a series adapter and you are 920g or more. That is not light. Look at the 8S 5200 pack at RCJuice.com

Youre right on the money ... exactly to the tenth decimal 2.02 lbs

though thats not all for safety overkill i will add a seperate 10A CC bec sourced by an additional 2s 1300mah lipo and add a 4000uF bypass cap to a spare port to resolve any sort of potential bec output conflicts from the output of the buck regulators step down to 5V, just incase one bec fails in a low heat dissipated bec via 2s independent supply across the ir drip of the stock regulator from the higher potential 8s to 5V step down would provide a nice safety net if needed.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• 50 years of metrology??? Or just lucky???? :)

the Hobby Star 5200 8S is going to save you 2.6 ounces and four fewer electrical connections that add resistance. And add 200mAh more flight time (probably 15 seconds max)..

But I realize 8S is not practical for everyone...

Specifications:
                                • Capacity: 5200mAh
                                • Voltage: 29.6V (8S)
                                • Discharge Rating: 45C
                                • Charge Rate: 2C
                                • Wire: 12AWG
                                • Connector: XT90
                                • Balance Plug: JST-XH
                                • Dimensions: 133x43x67mm
                                • Weight: 855g

Originally posted by tengarang View Post

Comment

50 years of metrology??? Or just lucky???? :)

the Hobby Star 5200 8S is going to save you 2.6 ounces and four fewer electrical connections that add resistance. And add 200mAh more flight time (probably 15 seconds max)..

But I realize 8S is not practical for everyone...

Specifications:
                                  • Capacity: 5200mAh
                                  • Voltage: 29.6V (8S)
                                  • Discharge Rating: 45C
                                  • Charge Rate: 2C
                                  • Wire: 12AWG
                                  • Connector: XT90
                                  • Balance Plug: JST-XH
                                  • Dimensions: 133x43x67mm
                                  • Weight: 855g

Yup your zero error weight prediction is quite scary indeed :)
                                  i never had the intention to get a bigger jet im more of a warbird Ww2 junkie but this model reminds me of a raptor flying out of PDX portland back in 2008. I knew i would have to acquire this model in to the tengarang fleet

Comment

• Hey guys, did we ever hear back about the potential clear canopy spare part for this one?

That'd be super fun to experiment with! :)

Comment

• 15 seconds of additional flight time counts quite a bit especially when getting close to be threatened by lvc

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post

though thats not all for safety overkill i will add a seperate 10A CC bec sourced by an additional 2s 1300mah lipo and add a 4000uF bypass cap to a spare port to resolve any sort of potential bec output conflicts from the output of the buck regulators step down to 5V, just incase one bec fails in a low heat dissipated bec via 2s independent supply across the ir drip of the stock regulator from the higher potential 8s to 5V step down would provide a nice safety net if needed.
                                        Wow!! What language was that....electroniceeze?:Scared: Way over my head....that's right in there with legaleeze. Just tell me where to sign.LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
                                          Hey guys, did we ever hear back about the potential clear canopy spare part for this one?

That'd be super fun to experiment with! :)
                                          Nothing yet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X