X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luisito View Post

Out of curiosity, what’s the issue with the current wheel on the F22 and why is the 90mm F-16 wheel better?

Luis
    The F-16 wheel is much closer to scale size.

Comment

• And it looks better too, solid not spoked.
      Pat

Comment

• I am maidening my 8s tomorrow along with RC Geek’s AFB. For those who have installed the centerburner, how did you attach it to the in-runner? CA?

Does this look right for the stab neutral?
        Attached Files
        Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post
          I am maidening my 8s tomorrow along with RC Geek’s AFB. For those who have installed the centerburner, how did you attach it to the in-runner? CA?

Does this look right for the stab neutral?
          Allen screws with no head. If you have any spare landing gear or outrunner motors you can pull them from there. Do not glue it on. I’ll find a pic... I forget the name of the screws. You can use any machine bolts that will snugly fit in the mount holes. They self thread themselves

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

Allen screws with no head. If you have any spare landing gear or outrunner motors you can pull them from there. Do not glue it on. I’ll find a pic... I forget the name of the screws. You can use any machine bolts that will snugly fit in the mount holes. They self thread themselves
            3mm Allen grub screws. I robbed some from a pair of spare wheel struts.

Comment

• Getting close to having this done. I will be working to secure a servo to actuate it next. Looks like I need about 30mm of stroke which is quite a lot.

Comment

• These are what to use. Anything else will be in the air flow of the exhaust. It probably wouldn’t matter performance wise... I’m just a perfectionist

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Getting close to having this done. I will be working to secure a servo to actuate it next. Looks like I need about 30mm of stroke which is quite a lot.

Awesome canopy mechanism Steve.....love your nav light parts as well. Hoping you will share the setup and or parts for operable canopy an sell some of those nav light covers as well when ready. Actually haven't purchased the Raptor yet but these parts are getting me going. Too bad the plane didn't come that way to start with or be available as upgrades. Just don't have the time to make my own. You and George have always set the bar.
                  Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Awesome canopy mechanism Steve.....love your nav light parts as well. Hoping you will share the setup and or parts for operable canopy an sell some of those nav light covers as well when ready. Actually haven't purchased the Raptor yet but these parts are getting me going. Too bad the plane didn't come that way to start with or be available as upgrades. Just don't have the time to make my own. You and George have always set the bar.
                    Brad
                    Thanks Brad. Lights are fairly easy to add. I just wanted covers that fit the plane. They will be easy enough to make in mass when I am set up. The canopy mod on the F-22 is much easier than on the A-10. Mainly due to the fact that Alpha provided the frame file. The parts are easy enough to print. I plan to document what I do along the way. The Raptor overall is a good candidate for the canopy mod as the hatch is large and can easily accommodate what is needed to make it work. I found a servo and arm in my stash of spares parts that will give me the needed travel so full steam ahead!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thanks Brad. Lights are fairly easy to add. I just wanted covers that fit the plane. They will be easy enough to make in mass when I am set up. The canopy mod on the F-22 is much easier than on the A-10. Mainly due to the fact that Alpha provided the frame file. The parts are easy enough to print. I plan to document what I do along the way. The Raptor overall is a good candidate for the canopy mod as the hatch is large and can easily accommodate what is needed to make it work. I found a servo and arm in my stash of spares parts that will give me the needed travel so full steam ahead!
                      Just don't let all this F22 sexiness take away from your other stealth project. ;)

Looking forward to the updates regardless of project!

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                        Starscream in the house ..needs a another coat of
                        polyurathane, lot of work , but lots of fun , nav lights
                        next. Also changed the nose wheel out to an extra one I had from my flex jet

big shout out to callie graphics for making this possible ...
                        Are there graphics on the bottom as well or just the top?

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Are there graphics on the bottom as well or just the top?
                          I seen where he stated, only on the top...

Comment

• My friend bought the 6s version. I'm sure I will do the maiden like I have done on all his other planes

Comment

• Glad to hear it fieldofdreamsflyer. I just knew you weren't out of the mix entirely. Best Christmas wishes to you and all the rest of the guys here. By the way just watched some video of the Raptor demo and I think someone needs to add a green led in the forward cockpit as it is pretty prominent while the plane is flying even at a distance....maybe add it to the nav lights for more realism and bling? What do you think Steve and George?

Comment

• Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• GORGEOUS sunset flights, with the 55th flight in 3 days completed just before it was too dark for even me to make out the jet with its camouflage grey scheme. The spectacular Utah winter background and ”Moon Climbs” made this a really fun flight to shoot.

I’ve only had the lower set screw on the nose gear strut come loose in 55 flights. This bird doesn’t just look fantastic, it is durable as well. I have thousands of flights on EDF jets now, and this jet takes the cake. Congratulations to the entire team at Motion RC for this fantastic product.

My bird is rocking the Centerburner LED afterburner from The RC Geek available here.
                                  The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Like and subscribe to my other videos here.

Comment

• My FULL BUILD Video
                                    Stand: https://crewzinn.com/

Comment

• Great video John. Like the stand. Searched “crusin rc stand” with no luck. Do you have a link?
                                      Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Hoping someone from MRC can chime in. Can a UBEC be plugged into an open slot in the MCB-E? There is a slot for it on the MCB-D, but nothing labeled for the MCB-E. I'm wondering if the UBEC can go directly to the box and possibly resolve the issues some of us are having. I have to think it has something to do with the voltage going from specific RX brands into the box. Maybe a direct connection to the box would be better.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
                                          Great video John. Like the stand. Searched “crusin rc stand” with no luck. Do you have a link?
                                          Yep, here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X