Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell her you need to inspect the contents for possible shipping damage. We all know that once it's unpacked it's impossible to put back in the box. ;)
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Got mine today and put it together in about 2 hours from start to final setup. Only issue I had was the same thing with the MCB-E box as on my L-39. Gear down, no rudder or steering control. Gear up, everything works fine. Must be something with my particular brand of RX (XPS). Unplugged those wires and used a spare landing gear 3-way to hook rudders and steering direct to the RX. Works just fine that way. Maiden on Saturday.
      Pat

Comment

• I usually unplug the Nose gear steering servo from the blue box and utilize a separate channel.... then set the rudder and forget it... the rudder trim only controls the nose gear steering!
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Intake upper edge inner and outer Styrene strips added to mine because I know I will inevitably damage that thin foam edge if I don't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181210_222754.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	165785

Name:	IMG_20181210_222801.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	165786

Comment

• Started my starscream , Transformer decals Callie did an insane job on these they contact motion and they gave them the exact measurements of the F22 should take a few days will take my time will post pics when finished , jig saw puzzle. Oh ya ...
            Last edited by yf22raptor; Dec 11, 2018, 12:03 AM. Reason: Info

Comment

• Yf22raptor, with a name like that it's no surprise you're the first to jump into a Starscream livery. Callie is the best, I work with her so she can size her decals as accurately as possible to our products. I look forward to seeing your finished bird.. I'm sure it will look great!

Say what one will about Michael Bay's TF movies, but I always did appreciate how he involved the US Military in them.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Callie ROCKS.... no two ways about to!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Intake upper edge inner and outer Styrene strips added to mine because I know I will inevitably damage that thin foam edge if I don't.

Excellent Steve.... I will be doing this.... Funny thing.... She arrived Saturday but I am elbows deep in my Phantom.... haven't even opened the box yet!

Comment

Here is the maiden flight video.

And a few pics of the canopy frame and cockpit progress so far.

Name:	IMG_20181209_173059.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	165361

Name:	IMG_20181209_173108.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	165362
                    That cockpit is beautiful, where are the files for that again? And what did you use to paint it? Sorry, I dont do a whole lot of painting on my models but it should be a crime to not add one to this model.

Also just created an account on hobbysquak because I'm gonna need it for modifications :). My 8s F-22 has probably come in but my wife hid it before I got home. I will have to wait till the 25th I guess...

Comment

Intake upper edge inner and outer Styrene strips added to mine because I know I will inevitably damage that thin foam edge if I don't.

Now that this is done, we all know this area will remain untouched throughout its lifespan. If you didn't, it'd get dinged on it's way to the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Excellent Steve.... I will be doing this.... Funny thing.... She arrived Saturday but I am elbows deep in my Phantom.... haven't even opened the box yet!
                        This is what I like to call a good problem!
                        Great work everyone! I am really enjoying everyone's modifications and personalizations. What a fun hobby. I'm waiting on a part to come back in stock and will resume with mine. I'm trying to document as good as you all are, but it's tough to stop everything to snap pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post

That cockpit is beautiful, where are the files for that again? And what did you use to paint it? Sorry, I dont do a whole lot of painting on my models but it should be a crime to not add one to this model.

Also just created an account on hobbysquak because I'm gonna need it for modifications :). My 8s F-22 has probably come in but my wife hid it before I got home. I will have to wait till the 25th I guess...
                          Hi Patriotic_Banana, welcome to Hobby Squawk! The 3D files can be found on Post #2 in the F-22 3DPUP Thread, link below:

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post

Welcome to HobbySquawk! Thank you and grats on the 8S F-22, she is a great flying plane. The STL files can be found here

post #2

Comment

• Alpha beat me to it...LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

Now that this is done, we all know this area will remain untouched throughout its lifespan. If you didn't, it'd get dinged on it's way to the car.
                                The carrier in my trailer would not be kind to the thin foam edge. I am less concerned about it now.

Comment

You got a link to what you used?

Comment

• It is just Styrene sheet stock I got from my local hobby shop. Comes in different thicknesses. Commonly used by model railroad enthusiasts. I used about .040" on the inside and some .020" on the outside. Recessed the foam to fit the pieces flush with a brand new xacto blade, glued them to the foam with FoamTac and then CA'd the leading edge joint shut. Sanded smooth with an emery board (nail file) and badda bing! I will paint them later. I will be working on hinging the canopy frame next. Still trying to sort that out and whether I will use a servo or the F-15 dive brake actuator to operate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                                      Started my starscream , Transformer decals Callie did an insane job on these they contact motion and they gave them the exact measurements of the F22 should take a few days will take my time will post pics when finished , jig saw puzzle. Oh ya ...
                                      As soon as I ordered this model, this is exactly what I wanted to do! Then when my 6yr old son seen the plane, and asked me "Is that Starscream?!". Makes me really want to do it. Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

• Got my maiden done today. Hard crosswind though. Plane flew extremely well, but just after the mains touched down, a gust flipped it. I will say this, those tails are tough and can take a lickin!! Just some cosmetic damage.

Comment

• My question is for those that have already flown the F22 , What rates and CG did you use ? Was the manual spot on or too high ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X