Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, bummer. Sucks when you don't know the precise reason for a crash. Dumb Thumbs I get...Hell, I am a professional at that, but it's the unknown that drives us nuts.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Why I have no idea what you are talking about!! LOL :Silly::Whew::Angry::Crying:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crash1.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	174921
      Yikes..... I am so sorry for your loss! I watched your video and freaked out on the impact.... If I leave my F22 in the box … it won't ever crash :)

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

JC........as a techy type myself, I totally get the frustration on the WTF just caused that. ;)
        Allow me to put the Rx into focus here as the maybe weak link culprit here.
        Since it is relatively new on the market as an economically priced 6 channel with "flyby" integrated telemetry and built in antenna there is minimal experience out there about it.
        Being that it has no external antenna, I wonder how many folks shove it into tightly confined spaces.
        The Spektrum tech guy on this linked Horizon Hobby vid for the AR620 clearly states starting a the 3:15 mark that this Rx needs about 2-3 inches of clearance from metal, carbon fiber, flight pac and other similar system stuff.
        I know that stuff is tight in these birds and maybe...............who knows. :Thinking: ;)
        Yeah the way it acted was really really strange and I have no explanation right now. It is truly driving me nuts! For what it's worth, here is how it was setup before the maiden.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
          Sorry to here that Jamesonc, mine did the same exact same thing on maiden total loss ...my next one I'm bypassing the blue box on all control surfaces...
          Never figured out what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
            If I leave my F22 in the box … it won't ever crash :) Rich
            Exactly!! How I feel too. Safe and sound! LOL LOL
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Finally maidened mine :)

I definitely feel for the guys that lost theirs recently but... that was thee best maiden I’ve ever had. It performs beautifully even on 6s. It’s the 8s version but I decided to start with 6 (I have both power systems). I did the wing spar mod, cut the springs in the mains, centerburner, and threw on a spare F-16 front wheel. I have a ton of other mods to do that are sitting in a box including Jeremy Solts slime lights (thanks Jeremy)

Comment

• Wing spar mod?

Comment

• Sheeee's Baaaaaaack! :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	arfplus_premaiden1.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	175073
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Sheeee's Baaaaaaack! :Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	arfplus_premaiden1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	175073
                    Cool!! Did you go with the ARF plus or all new? Your still ahead of me as I'm bogged down with the mods. (can't fly this time of year anyway) So far, shortened the gear springs per George,almost done with canopy mod per Steve, waiting on slime lights per Jeremy, half way through cockpit 3d upgrade,waiting on afterburner leds from Chris, will do the spar and streamlining upgrade when afterburner shows up, waiting for replacement nose wheel, capacitor upgrade etc.from MRC. Gonna hold on Thrust Vectoring 'til I've flown it. Life is good!:Cool:

Comment

• After lots of try this try that over the past week Motion RC and I finally figured out that my 6s F-22 just doesn't like my old Spectrum DSM2 AR7000 Rx. I tried a Spectrum AR610X Rx I had on hand and the rudder/steering jitters with the gear switch down went away. That AR7000 is an old reliable Rx so this is all a bit strange but yeah, it is a compatibility issue. Motion RC recommended their rx600 RX with a diversity antenna/satellite. Man those are pretty cheap. Is anyone using those Admiral Rx? Do they have a good reputation? If I decide to stay with a Spectrum Rx is anyone using a basic 7 or 9 channel Spectrum Rx successfully? I am not interested in telemetry and all that. Just a basic Spectrum DSMX Rx. The AR610X I have does not have a satellite and I am not too keen on flying a large, expensive, EDF jet with what I consider to be a park flyer Rx. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Cool!! Did you go with the ARF plus or all new? Your still ahead of me as I'm bogged down with the mods. (can't fly this time of year anyway) So far, shortened the gear springs per George,almost done with canopy mod per Steve, waiting on slime lights per Jeremy, half way through cockpit 3d upgrade,waiting on afterburner leds from Chris, will do the spar and streamlining upgrade when afterburner shows up, waiting for replacement nose wheel, capacitor upgrade etc.from MRC. Gonna hold on Thrust Vectoring 'til I've flown it. Life is good!:Cool:
                        Can't wait to see all your mods! I too am waiting on Chris' centerburner. He must be backlogged pretty good. Hopefully #2 won't meet an early demise like the #1 so I can actually put it IN the jet by the time it arrives!

I did get the ARF +. Just added the power system from #1 into it and she's good to go. Guess who will be avoiding light poles like the plague on her maiden!

LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n175072]Sheeee's Baaaaaaack! :Cool:
                          ]
                          Looks great. I assume you installed the Anti Pole radar device.;)

Comment

Can't wait to see all your mods! I too am waiting on Chris' centerburner. He must be backlogged pretty good. Hopefully #2 won't meet an early demise like the #1 so I can actually put it IN the jet by the time it arrives!

I did get the ARF +. Just added the power system from #1 into it and she's good to go. Guess who will be avoiding light poles like the plague on her maiden!

LOL
                            Just don't hit one to avoid the other!!:Scared::Scared:LOLLOLLOL BTW never thought I'd say this but go Rams! Watched the Probowl yesterday to see Wilson and Wagner one more time for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Wing spar mod?
                              Check out the recent posts by Radar-Guy in the 3DPUP thread:

He made parts that smooth out the air flow over the wing spar.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                                Looks great. I assume you installed the Anti Pole radar device.;)
                                Dang it! I forgot to add that!!! :P

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  BTW never thought I'd say this but go Rams! Watched the Probowl yesterday to see Wilson and Wagner one more time for the season.
                                  Yeah I told the wife yesterday that I resent that I have to be a Rams fan on Sunday. What has this world come to? And Poor Wilson still had no protection even in the Pro Bowl! I watched because it's the last time I see any of our boys on the field until August. Good thing this hobby keeps me busy!

Now about those light poles!! :Sweating:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Wing spar mod?
                                    Yeah, these mount forward and aft of the wing spar to deflect the airflow. I think RADAR GUY is the one that came up with them. I just copied the idea.

Comment

• That's amazing! Very clever and an astute, practical application. Well done Radar Guy!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I just saw that Pat already answered the wing spar question

Comment

That's amazing! Very clever and an astute, practical application. Well done Radar Guy!
                                          Thanks Aros! Just for clarification, there is a front and an aft fairing for the wing spar. This part here is used to get a sharp divider for the inlet duct.

Beware of pole gravity!

Frank

Comment

Working...
                                          X