Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated! Guess i should have went to bed. Unfortunatly, the only time i have to mess around is after a long workday and after the house goes to bed. (Im a new dad) ....... and apparently burnt out hahahaa! Thank you thank you thank you.

Ps- once the weather warms she will be in the air. Planning on uploading some great scale flight videos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post
      Geez. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated! Guess i should have went to bed. Unfortunatly, the only time i have to mess around is after a long workday and after the house goes to bed. (Im a new dad) ....... and apparently burnt out hahahaa! Thank you thank you thank you.

Ps- once the weather warms she will be in the air. Planning on uploading some great scale flight videos.
      Ha-ha! It happens to the best of usLOL. Good luck on yours flights, although you won’t need it. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        Good luck on yours flights, although you won’t need it. :Cool:
        Unless of course there are light poles in the vicinity. Then you might need it. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
          Starscream 2 is back successful maiden and 3 xtra flights
          love this plane.
          thank you Ken for a great pic's ..
          Boldly Done !! I like it !! Cheers

Comment

• I'll be putting together another 6s F-22. I will be replacing the supplied BEC with a Castle Creations 10A or the new 2.0 version. I bought one of each. What voltage should I set it at? I believe 5v is the output of the stock one? I'll check when I get the F-22 but I wondered what forum users are using... I'd rather not go into the details but suffice to say that the stock BEC in mine failed on gear retraction, first flight, and that I think Motion RC is an outstanding company to do business with.

Comment

• Oh yeah, who is selling the afterburner lights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                Oh yeah, who is selling the afterburner lights?
                Here ya go! Just know that there may be quite a delay from payment to shipping as he is backed up with several orders...

The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks I’ll check it out.

Comment

• Finished soldering up the last of the slime light leds tonight. Got the two in the verticle stabilizers installed with the wires laid into the grooves I cut. I'll have to tape or fill the grooves at some point. Got the notches cut for the wings but not the grooves yet. Probably going to tie them in with the nav lights before they plug into the wing root. Not using the flashing lights just the solid port and starboard. Since the flashing nav lights are both red, I think it will be too confusing(for me) to use them. Next is cutting the notches for the lights just below the cockpit. Noticed they are set level on the real plane instead of in line with the lines of the plane....I'll probably mount them that way for scale. I've been testing each set by plugging them into the blue box to make damn sure the leds light up before I glue them in. This is quite a process but I think it will look cool in the end.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Unless of course there are light poles in the vicinity. Then you might need it. LOL
                      LOLLOLLOL Now that’s funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                        I'll be putting together another 6s F-22. I will be replacing the supplied BEC with a Castle Creations 10A or the new 2.0 version. I bought one of each. What voltage should I set it at? I believe 5v is the output of the stock one? I'll check when I get the F-22 but I wondered what forum users are using... I'd rather not go into the details but suffice to say that the stock BEC in mine failed on gear retraction, first flight, and that I think Motion RC is an outstanding company to do business with.
                        5.25v is the default setting in the 14a 2.0. I kept it there because of the reported problems with the blue box at 6v or above. Mine has no issues whatsoever

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          Finished soldering up the last of the slime light leds tonight. Got the two in the verticle stabilizers installed with the wires laid into the grooves I cut. I'll have to tape or fill the grooves at some point. Got the notches cut for the wings but not the grooves yet. Probably going to tie them in with the nav lights before they plug into the wing root. Not using the flashing lights just the solid port and starboard. Since the flashing nav lights are both red, I think it will be too confusing(for me) to use them. Next is cutting the notches for the lights just below the cockpit. Noticed they are set level on the real plane instead of in line with the lines of the plane....I'll probably mount them that way for scale. I've been testing each set by plugging them into the blue box to make damn sure the leds light up before I glue them in. This is quite a process but I think it will look cool in the end.:Cool:
                          Can't wait to see pics!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Wing tanks! I ordered the F-15 set as they were cheaper than the F-16 ones (lol) but the shape and size are about right so there it is. The pylons are 2 pieces of 3/16" balsa laminated together and have the FW mounting hardware installed- weight is 2 oz. per side including the tanks. (The majority of that is behind the CG so should help offset the cockpit/ canopy weight.) I chose the dark gray as that's how they appear in photos and as an added bonus should help with orientation in the sky. I've always liked wing tanks on jets and so I'm glad my Raptor now has them!:Cool:
                            Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                              Wing tanks! I ordered the F-15 set as they were cheaper than the F-16 ones (lol) but the shape and size are about right so there it is. The pylons are 2 pieces of 3/16" balsa laminated together and have the FW mounting hardware installed- weight is 2 oz. per side including the tanks. (The majority of that is behind the CG so should help offset the cockpit/ canopy weight.) I chose the dark gray as that's how they appear in photos and as an added bonus should help with orientation in the sky. I've always liked wing tanks on jets and so I'm glad my Raptor now has them!:Cool:
                              Tom
                              Wow Tom, nice job on the wing tanks. Still working on my cockpit details. Used a green light pointed straight up for instruments/hud but haven't buttoned it up yet....baby steps.:Cool:

Comment

•  

Comment

• That actually sounds pretty sweet!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Agreed with Aros. Those half throttle passes were nice! Great work

Comment

• Got my 3D printed cockpit installed. Its backlighted with a single white LED. Was trying to come up with a way to connect the light without having to mess with a plug-in connector. This worked great. Power the bird up and put the canopy hatch in place and it's on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Got my 3D printed cockpit installed. Its backlighted with a single white LED. Was trying to come up with a way to connect the light without having to mess with a plug-in connector. This worked great. Power the bird up and put the canopy hatch in place and it's on.
                                        Very Clever !! I like it !

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          Got my 3D printed cockpit installed. Its backlighted with a single white LED. Was trying to come up with a way to connect the light without having to mess with a plug-in connector. This worked great. Power the bird up and put the canopy hatch in place and it's on.
                                          TW, Most times the simplest switch is the best switch. ON/OFF. Very Clever Indeed. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X