Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jag_Dieppe View Post
    Good Day

I acquired the Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX Receiver for the F22 Raptor plane. My transmitter is the Spectrum DX7s ver 1.03​. The receiver has:
    Port Servo
    Aux2->Power from battery, otherwise nothing works
    Throttle->Throttle
    Aileron->Aileron
    Elevator->Elevator
    Rudder->Rudder
    Gear->Landing Gear
    Aux1->Flaps

All work fine except the flaps do not work. My Wing Type is setup with "1 aileron, 1 flap" and the tail is "Normal". The Switch Select is setup with Trainer: Inh, F Mode: Inh​, Gear: Gear​, Flap: Inh​, Mix: Inh​, Knob: Inh​. I tried setting up Flap to Aux1 instead of Inh, but it does not give me that option. It only gives me the Inh or Aux2 options, and as stated I cannot connect the Flap servo to Aux2 because of the power connector. It has to remain on Aux2. In the Flap System function, I do have Sw: Flap set. I have been working on this for days to no avail in making the flaps work. Can you assist ?
    Hey Jag_Dieppe , You have to turn your flaps on from the function list. Then you have to un-inhibit and set the switch you want to use (2 channel or 3 channel up to you). Then you have to play with the values per position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200226_081235__01.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	238234Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200226_081248.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	238235

Hope that helps

Comment

• Hi James, the Flaps are on in the function list. I have similar configuration as per your picture, but my values are positive as oppose to being negative like yours. I still get no response.
      However, can you answer this question for me :

....If when I power up the plane, receiver and transmitter and all work fine except I get no response from the Flaps, and then while all live I unplug the Rudder connector from the Receiver and plug the Flaps connector instead; shouldn’t the Flaps move when I move the Rudder stick ? …..or same scenario using the Elevator port ?

In my test above, the Flaps never move regardless of which port I plug it into the Receiver……all doing this while live. Is this an indication of something ?

Jacques

Comment

• Good day,

Before I do a deep dive into all your suggestions above that you sent me, can you answer this question ?

…..If when I power up the plane, receiver and transmitter and all work fine except I get no response from the Flaps, and then while all live I unplug the Rudder connector from the Receiver and plug the Flaps connector instead; shouldn’t the Flaps move when I move the Rudder stick ? …..or same scenario using the Elevator port ?

In my test above, the Flaps never move regardless of which port I plug it into the Receiver……all doing this while live. Is this an indication of something ?

Jacques

Comment

• Good Day,

With the help of others on RC Forums and the test I did above, I have been able to determine the issue. I was able to determine the issue with my flaps on the F22 Raptor kit and my Spektrum radio.

I bound another spare AR400 Receiver that I had to the F22 and plugged in the “Flaps on Elevator port” and the “Rudder on the Rudder port”. Moving the Rudder stick moved the rudder on the plane, but moving the Elevator stick did NOT move the flaps.
          I then reversed the connectors on the Receiver and put the “Flaps connector on the Rudder port” and the “Rudder connector on the Elevator port”. Moving the Elevator stick moved the rudder on the plane, but moving the Rudder stick did not move the Flaps.

So, the issue is that there is a faulty connection on the plane between the Flaps connector, the multi-function box (E1712) and the wing control board that regardless of what I plug the Flaps connector to, I will never get a response from those servos. On the flip side, the aileron servos do work well on both sides.

What is my next step gentlemen as it seems I have purchased a faulty kit ?

Jacques

Comment

• I phoned Motion RC and they concurred my findings. I even made a test on my Aux/Flaps port on the Receiver to 3 or 4 servos on the plane and all worked well. So bottom line is the F22 kit is faulty. Motion RC are sending me a "FREEWING MULTI-FUNCTION CONTROL BOX E (MCB-E)" kit to replace the one I have and I'm hoping that fixes the problem.

Comment

• I removed the blue box on mine, and installed a landing gear sequencer and light controller. I removed the ribbon cables, and ran traditional servo wires to the ailerons and flaps, plugged directly into the receiver. I just didn't trust the blue box to handle control surfaces. But that's me. Others have had no problems with the blue box.

Comment

• ....well, I can see why based on yours and my experience above. I hope I won't have to go to that extent :-)

Comment

• Glad you got it sorted. I completely spaced the blue box.

Comment

• The mod is actually simple. You'll need 4 servo extensions long enough to reach from the wing roots, to your receiver. The light controller, and door sequencer. It really is easy. Just unscrew the wing boards and unplug the servo leads from the back of the boards. I cut the plugs off the wing end of the ribbon cable, and tape your extensions to 2 of the wires, and pull the rest out. You will need the room in to pull your extensions through the fuselage. Then pull the extension one at a time..... DONE ! The light controller and door sequencer come with instructions, so a no brainer there. I used the ones from from the freewing 90mm f15. Works great.

Comment

• Or just use the MCB for the lights and gear only. Your rudder/steering, flaps, throttle, ailerons, and elevators will be run straight to the receiver. Get some servo lead extensions and Y-cables and you're done.

Comment

• Yep, those options you guys provided remain on the table IF the new multifunction box/cables that Motion RC sent me don't fix the problem. I'll keep you posted :-)

Comment

• After reading this forum and just purchased a F22 I am a bit concerned with what I am reading about the Blue Box on these Freewing products .I do not to want to pay almost £500 on a product that has a suspect component ( the Blue Box ) If there is a problem with some of these Blue Box why have Freewing not addressed this problem ? My experience with these Freewing/Flightline product is a very high quality product so I do not understand why there is a lottery on these blue boxes and if there is a problem with some of these blue boxes why have Freewing not addressed it I am going to bypass the blue box on my F22 ,I do not want to risk it failing on a very expensive model

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                            After reading this forum and just purchased a F22 I am a bit concerned with what I am reading about the Blue Box on these Freewing products .I do not to want to pay almost £500 on a product that has a suspect component ( the Blue Box ) If there is a problem with some of these Blue Box why have Freewing not addressed this problem ? My experience with these Freewing/Flightline product is a very high quality product so I do not understand why there is a lottery on these blue boxes and if there is a problem with some of these blue boxes why have Freewing not addressed it I am going to bypass the blue box on my F22 ,I do not want to risk it failing on a very expensive model
                            I have never had an issue be from the blue box and we've had so few blue boxes be the real issue over 10,000's upon 10,000's of freewing planes sold all over the world (By Motion and many other vendors). They are no more problematic then the occasional dead servo etc. Fly your plane with the blue box with confidence. They work great

Comment

• Agreed. There have been as many issues with servos or extensions as the BBs. And MCBe versions have been more trustworthy. There are failures in any component. One person even said he got a wing joiner tube that was too long in a FW kit. Considering they assemble these in large batches and not multiple airplane types at the same location the odds that that could happen are very small...

Comment

• Never once had a single issue with any of my blue boxes, ever.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Many haven't... but some have had truly bad boxes. Some have simply had them wired wrong out of the box and others have had other issues that turned out to be their error or something else. Some have used another power system, ESC/ BEC that was using another voltage and effected the BB.

Comment

• That makes more sense to me ,.after reading some of the comments on this forum I thought it was a big problem but it seems by your comments it only a small number who have had problems with the blue box and it looks like a lot of them have been the operator's fault .I thought it was strange that Freewing had not addressed this problem .I have always found Freewing second to none when dealing with them and Motion RC and could not understand about these blue boxes being a problem .You have given me my confidence back and I have reconnected my blue box ,Must admit every thing works fine now it is all connect up via the blue box .My sincere apology Freewing and thanks James ,EvanD, and Aros for there help .I should not off doubted Freewing first class quality of their models

Comment

• Here's my experience. Did not work correctly on my L-39, and initially on my F-22 when I was using an XPS RX. Switched the F-22 over to Graupner and it started working fine. Sold the L-39 before I had a chance to switch that over to Graupner. No issues at all on the F-18 on Graupner. My advice is to plug everything in stock and then test out the function. If everything works correctly, you should have no issues.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Hey guys, so I'm the one that started the thread above in regards to my Flaps not responding at all on my F22 and had eliminated my Spectrum Radio, the Receiver, the channel/configurations and the Flap servos as potential problem issues. After calling Motion RC cause I couldn't figure out what was going on, they concluded that it was my "blue multi-functional box" which spawned the whole conversation above. Motion RC sent me another blue box with all the cables. It's still in transit. However, I knew once the blue box would arrive, I'd have to dismantle all the electronics of the plane to replace the blue box and the possibly some cables if that was also an issue. So after working on that today, I was looking at the wing control box that attaches to the blue box and noticed how ports were connected to aileron and flap servos. I then looked at the electronics diagram that came with the box manual and noticed that "there are 2 ports dedicated to the flaps servo" per board. I unplugged the servo from one port and plugged it into the other one and "voila", the flaps servo moved. I did the same thing on the other wing and all is great now. So to summarize, the problem was with the assembly worker at the plant who connects these boards to the plane and servos and NOT the blue box. Men can lose their hair when a 2 hour assembly of a plane turns into weeks :-( :-(

Comment

• It happens, especially with mass-produced items. Sometimes things just get plugged in wrong. Glad you got it sorted though.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X