Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a lil Combat between the F-22 and Su-30... its hat cam so not the best but still fun!!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• gooniac33 , Great vid and big fun. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I now have installed the thrust vectoring nozzles. Pins are holding them in place until glue cures. I used non-foaming clear Gorilla glue. I do not want these to come loose. I am now waiting on servos and control linkages to complete. I used Tamiya titanium paint for edges and a dark metallic silver for the middle of the nozzle.

Comment

• Pretty clean, would love to see them operating when you get it it running!

Originally posted by Gary9648 View Post
          I now have installed the thrust vectoring nozzles. Pins are holding them in place until glue cures. I used non-foaming clear Gorilla glue. I do not want these to come loose. I am now waiting on servos and control linkages to complete. I used Tamiya titanium paint for edges and a dark metallic silver for the middle of the nozzle.

Comment

• Me too. Are the gears out of the airstream?

Originally posted by GarrisonR View Post
            Pretty clean, would love to see them operating when you get it it running!

Comment

• Yes the gears are not in the airstream. They are off to the side and the nozzles have air streaming around the gears to allow smooth airflow at the side.

Comment

• Here are a couple of photos of where I’m at installing the vectored nozzle set. After cutting out the fuse openings for the servos, ( I will glue them in place with Gorilla glue) I proceeded to lengthen the servo leads and wanting to have no connectors to allow me to pass through foam and then forward to receiver area. Notice not he’s in fan lid to allow servo leads to pass. I then taped the servo leads to the side of the front intake with packing tape to minimize any airflow restrictions or cause turbulence. I then wire tied them to the wing spar before passing them on into the battery area.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I have been flying on a Futaba 8U for years and I was hesitant to maiden my F22 on an older radio so I finally bit the bullet and I bought a Futaba T10J radio. Problem is I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to set the Elevator Flap mix. I can't get the elevator to respond when I deploy the flaps.
                  Buying a new radio is like going back to first grade!!!
                  Can anyone help with this?

Comment

• Well it’s going to be a while for finishing up my F-22 vectored thrust. When I ordered the plane and all the radio equipment I needed only a 6 channel Rx so I opted for one with stabilization and thought that would be great. I had no idea thrust vectoring would be available at the time. I had forgotten I had installed a 6 instead of 8 channel Rx. Soooooo now I have to wait until the 8 channel Rx with stabilization arrives. I will definitely need 7-8 channels for this set up. Bummer! Oh well I can at least finishing up the Y harness before it gets here. Also I can maiden the plane without the vectored thrust electronically connected. I’ll just center the servos and connect up the pushrods in neutral position and fly!

Comment

• Be careful, it is possible the servo could be moved by air pressure on the petals. I suggest pinning them some way.

Originally posted by Gary9648 View Post
                      Well it’s going to be a while for finishing up my F-22 vectored thrust. When I ordered the plane and all the radio equipment I needed only a 6 channel Rx so I opted for one with stabilization and thought that would be great. I had no idea thrust vectoring would be available at the time. I had forgotten I had installed a 6 instead of 8 channel Rx. Soooooo now I have to wait until the 8 channel Rx with stabilization arrives. I will definitely need 7-8 channels for this set up. Bummer! Oh well I can at least finishing up the Y harness before it gets here. Also I can maiden the plane without the vectored thrust electronically connected. I’ll just center the servos and connect up the pushrods in neutral position and fly!

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, I will do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Raptor Rich View Post
                          I have been flying on a Futaba 8U for years and I was hesitant to maiden my F22 on an older radio so I finally bit the bullet and I bought a Futaba T10J radio. Problem is I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to set the Elevator Flap mix. I can't get the elevator to respond when I deploy the flaps.
                          Buying a new radio is like going back to first grade!!!
                          Can anyone help with this?
                          Never mind I figured it out.

Comment

• Here is my soldering station on top of the fuse while attaching connectors after pulling wire through fuse. Second photo is the finish set up. I used good old Z bends to attach push rod to servos and ball links at nozzles
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great, you’re going to have a good time with the TVs​​​​​​.

Comment

• Clubmate Michael Troy's Freewing F-22, as shot a few days ago.

Comment

• Finally joining the club! This is one of those builds that goes together so quick you're left wondering "what did I forget?"

Assembled with an afterburner and a tuned S6R before dinner. 3D printed a nose wheel brace and will probably detail the cockpit with the 3DPUP bits and pieces.

I'm not much of a modern jet guy, but this thing is pretty easy on the eye.

Here she is getting to know her new roomies (one of whom is going to have to give up their spot on the rack). Triple check of the preflights tomorrow and should get out for a maiden this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200416_212522.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	249519

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                    Clubmate Michael Troy's Freewing F-22, as shot a few days ago.

Nice to see that he is liking the burners!! I can't wait for this stuff to be over so I can go visit you guys out there...
                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Chased out the panel lines with a dark lead pencil and got a few coats of clear on her today. The panel lines arent really intended to weather the plane, it's more akin to a pinwash (learned that from painting the heng long tanks!) to make the detail pop a little and make the jet seem larger than it really is.

Centreburner is a 'cyclone' from RC Castle. Much love to the community members who make the afterburner kits (I have them on my jets too!) but stateside shipping and the current aussie dollar rates against the USD are killer. The cyclones are great units for the price - nice and bright, neat flicker effect and a button on the controller to calibrate the throttle axis.

I would have maidened her tomorrow AM but the battery in the ute (like a truck but built around a sedan - see pic) is dead flat. So, fingers crossed for sunday. In the meantime, cleared a nasty clog in the 3D printer hotend to pimp out the cockpit.

Name:	20200417_172827.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	249719

Name:	20200417_172908.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	249720

Name:	20160910_120221 (1).jpg
Views:	647
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	249721

Comment

• Can anyone advise where the STL files are for the bits behind the seat? They dont appear in the .zip file on the website.

Name:	image_55103.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	249723Click image for larger version

Name:	image_55104.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	249725

Comment

• Beautiful photographs my friend. I can’t wait to maiden mine. Weather really is bad here in SW Ohio along with stay at home order.

Comment

Working...
                                          X