First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    Slow-mo version of my latest video:
    (to better appreciate stick movements)

I always enjoy watching your youtube. I will change my F22 to tailerons using AS3 like you. Can you tell me your opnen tx settings?

Comment

• Thanks! :D

I haven't documented them yet, but the most important part here are probably gyro settings more than Tx settings, since the taileron mixing and stabilization is dictated by the gyro when it is on. Also, since you are at it, better get an A3S4 instead of the A3S3. The newer version should allow you to keep separated stabilized rudders so you have freedom to program scale rudder-brakes and pitch assist without losing yaw stabilization. Haven't tested it myself but looks like it should work from the specs. They've probably improved on a number of other things compared to the A3S3, so it's probably a better choice at this point. I may order one soon to test it out.

New video ready!!!

Really exciting flights, flying to music in synch!
      I need to do that more often!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
        Thanks! :D

I haven't documented them yet, but the most important part here are probably gyro settings more than Tx settings, since the taileron mixing and stabilization is dictated by the gyro when it is on. Also, since you are at it, better get an A3S4 instead of the A3S3. The newer version should allow you to keep separated stabilized rudders so you have freedom to program scale rudder-brakes and pitch assist without losing yaw stabilization. Haven't tested it myself but looks like it should work from the specs. They've probably improved on a number of other things compared to the A3S3, so it's probably a better choice at this point. I may order one soon to test it out.

Thank you, Air Guardian!
        I tried mixing the transmitter while watching your video.
        When I tried to set the taileron using AS3, I realized that I needed to invert the stabilizer servo.
        I also had an AS4, so it was very convenient because I could invert the servo programmatically by replacing it.
        I tried to output aileron and taileron as a gyro, but it seems impossible.
        Also, as you said, I tried mixing the ludder and the elevator, but since the AS4 has only one input for ludder gyro, it seems that air braking using the ludder gyro cannot be realized.
        However, I think AS4 Servo Reverse is very convenient and valuable.

The ludder in the video is not gyro enabled.

Comment

• Glad to help!
          Yeah, the lack of servo direction reversing of the A3S3 is a disgrace. Good thing they fixed that on the A3S4 at least.
          I had to physically reverse the direction of one of my servos to be able to use the A3S3.

A3S4 only has one rudder input?
          It just beats me how the people in charge of developing these gyros keep making these stupid mistakes... how hard can it be to allow a bit more of versatility in the programming features? Aaaah... <despair intensifies>

Time for some more Raptor greatness! :p

Comment

• Just got my F22 today. Its a very well built aircraft. Unfortunatley the flap servos appear to be a few degrees off and no matter how i adjust the servo horn etc there is no way to get them to have the same throw beyond the neutral possiton.

have a support ticket in with Motion and i am sure they will address it but has anyone else had a similar issue? If i hadnt checked both flaps at mid and full i would have corkscrewed my bird durring what was going to be my maden flight tomorrow. At mid flaps they were off by 7 mm and at full over 10 mm.

Comment

• Almost sounds like a difference of a hole on the servo or horn. Are you setting it up as -100 0 +100 in your radio?

Comment

• I wish it were that simple but unfortunaly its not the case. Please see the attached, both servos are "Centered" and the flaps channel is centered. Moving the control arm one spline righ or left still resutls in the servos not matching. One of the servos is off.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I had the same issue with one of the rudder servos. The end point was off on one. Motion set me a replacement servo.

Comment

• i can deal with the rudders being off a few degrees, but the flaps at full the difference is 10 mm and thats just huge

Comment

• Most of the time I can fiddle with things and get the same travel. Sometimes I have to putt he two in separate slots and use a mix with sub trim and throws to match them. On my F-22 I have flaps, ailerons, stabs and rudders all on their own separate channels anyway.

Comment

• Well this is the plan, but i wanted to fly it a bit before removed the blue box and started running my own servo wires. I might just go that route now anyway, i have a 12 channel reciever free from a prior aircraft.

I only got it today and was planning on the maiden tomrrow am :(

Comment

• Let me saw also that I usually set up flaps at half flap with the arm 90 deg and surfaces even. A tiny bit off up and at full flaps is better than zero, a little and a lot.

10mm seems like moving it a hole could correct it.

Comment

• Since they are on the same channel and oriented the same way there is really no way to get them alinged from a throw perspective, they will never be the same. I am going to wait and hear from Motion but in the mean time i am going to rip out the blue box and wing connector cables and do a straight run for each servo. It will be fun doing the gear and door sequencing. The upside is there will be no gear delay now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post
                              I wish it were that simple but unfortunaly its not the case. Please see the attached, both servos are "Centered" and the flaps channel is centered. Moving the control arm one spline righ or left still resutls in the servos not matching. One of the servos is off.
                              I presume that because you have the servo horn screws removed, that you did try to clock the right one to the left one tooth? That didn't put it more 90 degrees?

Comment

• Or landing light. I do have to say that I have been able to fix exactly what you have by doing things I’ve said, making sure they are the same at half flaps and changing the locations of push rods (where they are on different holes on the servo arm or surface horn). On some where the horn is screwed through the foam tightening one screw more than another to angle the horn or both to shorten the leverage arm works too… just have to be creative.

but in this case separate channels is the better approach so you can do crow, full span flaps, ailerons, tailerons and rudder airbrakes… I have all that plus TVs on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  but in this case separate channels is the better approach so you can do crow, full span flaps, ailerons, tailerons and rudder airbrakes… I have all that plus TVs on mine.
                                  Yea i do like doing the programing so it will be fun. I run a Jeti DS-24 and with this i am going to use a Jeti EX R12 Assist (Gyro) reciever so i have plenty of channels.

I just picked up the led controler from Motion so the landing light is covered as well and my Truefire will be here next week so i guess i can wait a few days.

Comment

• Sounds like you’ll have a great set up!

Comment

• it will do the job,.I was hoping for a quick flight tomorrow and I went back down and played around as you suggested but the flaps are just too off to be safe for a maiden.
                                      I have had zero issues with my 80mm A-10 or my 90mm F4 from motion but one out of 3 aint bad.

Comment

• It was high time for the F-22 to get some quality 'air to air' treatment...

Comment

• Some folks cant resist in rc air hobbies to be tools. They think they know it all and they are special. I met many flying 3d rc helis for years with the best in the world. Remember its supposed to be fun and everyone has at one time been the new guy with many questions. Just cause you think its redundant doesnt mean it is for others.

Comment

Working...
                                          X