Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so I didn't go through all 190 pages of this thread. I am ready to purchase this 90 mm F-22. But before I order I would like to get some real world opinions on what is the main flight differences between the 6s and 8s versions?
    Pros cons of each.
    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by primodus22 View Post
      The nose gear mount on my new raptor is cracked by a rough landing. Ordered the gear mount set. Does anyone know how to get the nose gear mount out without destroying the fuse?
      Turns out I was able to remove the nose gear mount with only one small piece of foam removed from in from of the mount. I used an X-acto blade to slice between the foam and plastic mount to clear some of the foam-tac type glue they used. Then used a pair of needle nose pliers to work it out from side to side until I was able to turn it out of the gear bay. Putting the new one in will be tedious but not impossible.

Comment

• Hi all,

the F-22 seems to be my next 90mm jet. I’m wondering if it makes sense to buy the 8s version. I’d like to start flying with a 6s setup and then switch to a 8s setup later when I’m more familiar with the airplane. What do you think, does this makes sense? Can you fly the 8s version with a 6s setup?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Comment

• The 8S on a 6S battery may get off the ground (if flying off pavement) but it won't fly very fast, probably full throttle will be like 2/3 normal 6S throttle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            The 8S on a 6S battery may get off the ground (if flying off pavement) but it won't fly very fast, probably full throttle will be like 2/3 normal 6S throttle.
            Thanks Evan! So, I’d better choose the 6s setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by McHero View Post
              Hi all,

the F-22 seems to be my next 90mm jet. I’m wondering if it makes sense to buy the 8s version. I’d like to start flying with a 6s setup and then switch to a 8s setup later when I’m more familiar with the airplane. What do you think, does this makes sense? Can you fly the 8s version with a 6s setup?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
              6s

Comment

• Could someone send me the link to the 3D printer file for the cockpit and any other upgrades? Thank you. John gforce@uia.net

Comment

• Oh! I’m looking for the kit files for the F-22 Raptor cockpit.

Comment

• Originally posted by primodus22 View Post
                    Issue resolved!

8S F-22 Raptor - ESC out of sync due to my error when setting throttle endpoints.

Trying to use the Freewing ESC programming card to reset the ESC and I can get it to power up. The 150A ESC has a separate BEC with a switch. Tried plugging up the throttle wire to BEC on the cardper the instructions and the switch to the battery port. No luck. The ESC will go be quiet for a few seconds after I plug the battery into the main ESC (EC5), then go to a single repeating beep like it does when it is waiting to sync to the radio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                    Did you get this resolved...?
                    Every time I get an error on bind, it's usually due to my incorrectly calibrating the ESC. I just have to start over and do it again to get rid of it. If I wait too long to pull the throttle stick back, the ESC goes into some other unknown (to me) programming mode. It's been a real pain in the ass sometimes, not knowing what i'm doing. The Mud Duck has been a great source of knowledge and help to me, as has XViper, Hugh Wiedenman, AirGuardian, and everyone else on here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
                      Oh! I’m looking for the kit files for the F-22 Raptor cockpit.
                      They were done by Alpha and are in this thread:

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...mm-f-22-raptor
                        Freewing F-22 Upgrade/Accessory Parts by ShadowVFX - Thingiverse

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...mm-f-22-raptor
                          Thank you!! I appreciate this.

Comment

• I have seen a few utube videos where the plane crashed because of a radio or servo glitch. Has anyone had a problem with this or the "blue box" in the plane?

Comment

• Many have claimed to have issues with the BBs and a few have proven issues with them. Still others have swapped out or added higher voltage (6V or more) BECs and caused issues by doing so.

People claim it’s the radios fault when they crash?

Comment

• The only time I had an issue with the blue box was when I was using XPS in my JR9303. For some reason it did not like that protocol. When I switched to Graupner the issues went away. I heard there were some Spektrum RX's it does not like either.
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  Many have claimed to have issues with the BBs and a few have proven issues with them. Still others have swapped out or added higher voltage (6V or more) BECs and caused issues by doing so.

People claim it’s the radios fault when they crash?
                                  #beenthere #donethat

Apparently tip-stalled my 90mm Viper on second maiden flight. After much advice and analysis by a bunch of good folks on here, i went thru every bird adding capacitors and rf chokes, and then the last time i flew the Viper perfectly, i took the time to make sure the cg was where it should have been and was careful not to slow down too much on final and she flew perfectly...
                                  Chalking that one up to nothing more than operator error, and i learned what 'tip-stall' meant. New wings around and she's just like new.🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• What is "tip stall"? I'll do the capacitor thing to be safe. I greatly appreciate all the info. from you'all. Thank you. John

Comment

• For those of you using the 6S setup, are you running the 5k or 6k MAH batteries? I don't do much in the way of acrobatics or fly wide open for an entire flight. Has anyone tried both? If so, is there much of a change in CG? Or flight time?

Comment

• I've flown 6, 8, 10 and 12S... 5 or 6... The F-22 has a lot of lifting area. You may feel a slight difference if you are really in tune to this plane but probably not. The CG will move a little bit depending on battery, I would guess maybe 1/4". You will get more flight time if flying in the same manner, 30 seconds to a minute...

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
                                          What is "tip stall"? I'll do the capacitor thing to be safe. I greatly appreciate all the info. from you'all. Thank you. John
                                          While coming around on final either too slow or too nose high - probably both - she more or less rolled over to the inside. I'm also not sure my cg was correct either (probably not) - it could have been too tail heavy as well - and i had safe on, so that kicked in and it was all over the place coming down and the second time it happened (same flight), i couldn't save her - ripped both main wings off and broke one side of the tail wing.

It was a learning moment. New wings on and she still flies like a dream... thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                                          X