Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what you are trying to show with the ruler. First make sure your servo horn are similar to each other and then adjust push rods as needed. If you can’t get it you may have to bypass the MCBe and go direct to the receiver and use separate channels so you can adjust center and throw.

The MCBe is nothing more than a Y.

Comment

• Maybe you accidentally swapped a control rod for another surface, similar in length but not exact? I don't have my plane in front of me to verify my thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Not sure what you are trying to show with the ruler. First make sure your servo horn are similar to each other and then adjust push rods as needed. If you can’t get it you may have to bypass the MCBe and go direct to the receiver and use separate channels so you can adjust center and throw.

The MCBe is nothing more than a Y.
        I wanted to show, that the placement of the surfacehorn is not the same on both flaps, due to the servo position.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
          Maybe you accidentally swapped a control rod for another surface, similar in length but not exact? I don't have my plane in front of me to verify my thinking.
          I double checked everything...

Comment

• Originally posted by McDaniel View Post

I wanted to show, that the placement of the surfacehorn is not the same on both flaps, due to the servo position.
            Awe, I see what you’re saying. One side shows about 60mm from the control horn to the outboard portion of the Flap, while the other side shows roughly 85mm measured distance from the control horn to the outboard portion of the Flap. Also, one Flap Servo has the Servo Arm facing outboard, while the other Flap Servo has the Servo Arm facing inboard, which is interesting.

How many channels do you have available on your receiver and transmitter? Do you have any channels available/free to put each Flap Servo on its own channel (would require removing the Servo leads from the MCBe board) and adjust accordingly?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Awe, I see what you’re saying. One side shows about 60mm from the control horn to the outboard portion of the flap, while the other side shows roughly 85mm measured distance from the control horn to the outboard portion of the flap. Also, one flap Servo has the Servo arm facing outboard, while the other flap Servo has the Servo arm facing inboard, which is interesting.

How many channels do you have available on your receiver and transmitter? Do you have any channels available/free to put each flap Servo on its own channel (would require removing the Servo leads from the MCBe board) and adjust accordingly?
              I have a Jeti Rex7 Assist but could change to rex 10 Assist, but I am wondering about all the others out there....

Comment

I have a Jeti Rex7 Assist but could change to rex 10 Assist, but I am wondering about all the others out there....
                When your Flaps are up/retracted, does the position of the Servo Arm on each Flap appear to be in a similar position/angle or different?

With flaps, I often prefer to use a separate channel for each for ease of adjustability. They can be annoying to set-up sometimes on the same channel to obtain equal alignment in all conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

When your Flaps are up/retracted, does the position of the Servo Arm on each Flap appear to be in a similar position/angle or different?

With flaps, I often prefer to use a separate channel for each for ease of adjustability. They can be annoying to set-up sometimes on the same channel to obtain equal alignment in all conditions.
                  I will check again tomorrow...

Comment

• The horn are where the are to use two of the same servos instead of a normal and reverse. No issue with that.

Comment

• Evan I posted awhile back but didn’t get a response from anyone. My question is if using a 6s and a 2s battery to make 8s which balance plug do I plug the afterburner on? Thanks.

Comment

• Oh there’s a special question. You have to be careful of ground loops. Do you know what they are. Basically different grounds. If the 6s has its black wire to the ESC/ BEC’s black wire you have to use it. That way the negatives are linked up. If the 2s has its black wire to the ESC/ BEC black you have to use it but can it run on 2s?

You will smoke the power board in the AB for f you don’t follow this… you’ll see it as the lead melting…

Comment

• Ok thanks when I talked to Ray awhile back he said to plug it to the negative side coming off the esc which I did and it works great with two 4s batteries just didn’t know with a 6s and a 2s which to plug it to.

Comment

• The balance tap is wired for a specific number of cells/ voltage. By him saying the negative of the ESC you are doing what I said and wouldn’t have a ground loop.

Comment

I will check again tomorrow...
                              Other than the control rods, the servos are the same (same type/model, same servo arms)?

You could put the servos side-by-side and check if they have the same deflection throughout the movement range.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Other than the control rods, the servos are the same (same type/model, same servo arms)?

You could put the servos side-by-side and check if they have the same deflection throughout the movement range.
                                Well I settled for some compromises, and now I think it will be fine, with the flightmodes and all the trimming saved to each flight mode, it should not be a problem. Thank's everyone for the inputs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  The balance tap is wired for a specific number of cells/ voltage. By him saying the negative of the ESC you are doing what I said and wouldn’t have a ground loop.
                                  Thanks Evan for the input. I plugged it into the 6s balance plug and it works fine. And I’m not sure if it would work on the 2s either. The afterburner came with a 6s plug so I used the 6s.

Comment

• Well today I got mine to 135mph. Plenty fast for me. Really love this jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Well today I got mine to 135mph. Plenty fast for me. Really love this jet.
                                      Nice! Is that stock setup?

Comment

• It was the outrunner and I swapped with the new 9 blade inrunner fan and love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Well today I got mine to 135mph. Plenty fast for me. Really love this jet.
                                          They can be really exciting at high speeds.

Comment

Working...
                                          X