• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rich81 View Post

Great job!!!
    Ty Sir, I will let him know!

Comment

• Hey ya'll I'm confused on were to plug in the ubec/bec connector I'm putting in a Ar 8360t rx. Any ideas

Comment

• Any open slot on the receiver, even the bind port...

Comment

• Ok thanks Evan d. Another question the inputs from the blue box differ from the spectrum rx does the box connections got to be the same as rx channel assignments?

Comment

• If you are setting it up standard by the book, radio set up 1 aileron, 1 flap wing, 1 elevator, 1 rudder tail, Throttle goes directly to 1, Aileron from the BB goes to 2, Elevator from the BB to 3, Rudder from the BB to 4, Gear from the BB to 5, Flaps from the BB to 6.

Normally I bypass the BB for many functions and go directly to the receiver. Many times I will split the surfaces and go directly to the receiver in separate slots, example Ailerons, set up the radio for flaperons (two aileron wing) and put the two ailerons directly into the receiver on their own channels. Another example in separating the elevators to get tailerons.

Here is what my F-22 is set up to do.

IMG 1771 - YouTube

Comment

• Thanks a bunch dude I just bound it up everything working so far. Still getting use to morionrc products. Only got 2 birds in the hanger. Normally fly horizon products.im liking motion products so far.

Comment

• HH products are good if you fly Spektrum, you can download an entire set up that works well. Setting up other's makes you think about what you want to do ...

Comment

• I agree, HH fills in a gap between desire to do and the knowledge required to make it happen. They also have many great planes. I'm not a spectrum guy per se since I use openTX. I enjoy doing more advanced flight controls. Not Even D level stuff, that's super cool, next level. The FW / MRC jets among others invite you to be as simple or complex as you like. JT83 welcome to the club, you picked a jet with a very wide and forgiving flight envelop, you should have lots of fun.

Comment

• Evan D please.

Comment

• Just built up my second one of these as my original, now a TVd Thunderbird, flies and ground handles fairly wonky after hundreds of flights and a few decent crashes.

Managed to completely delete the blue box at the cost of removing the landing light, with the radio (X20S/SR10 Pro) now handling the gear door sequencing. With the added bonus that there is no longer a 5 second delay after hitting the gear switch lol.

Also something I've been wanting to experiment with for a while is applying ultracote to a foam plane. The shapes on the top of the fuse would be a little too complex to do it neatly but the stabs, fuse underside and leading edges all have some decent (and nearly invisible) protection from hangar/transport dings now. I think it's a technique I'll use again going forward.

Will be running this on 8S 9S and 10S with the FMS 1500kv. Put the latter on the test stand and measured 6.4kg of static thrust but the amps are not sustainable. A respectable 4.8kg on 8S. Don't have the packs fory 9S config yet, but I guess somewhere around 5.5kg at a more sustainable load on the batteries. Obviously lose some of that when it goes in the guts of the plane.

I would post some photos but it's basically a bone stock F22 with a pitot tube hanging out the nosecone.

Comment

• Thanks Gary and Evan I've only been in the hobby since last may. Lots to learn yet but ya I like a good challenge with pop type aircraft I believe u gain lots more knowledge in the hobby that way. It just amazes me in how much u can modify and the wide range of power system con be configured into the f22 90mm bird.i started with spectrum and I have no complaints about their technology. I don't mind paying a bit more for top quality product!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                          Just built up my second one of these as my original, now a TVd Thunderbird, flies and ground handles fairly wonky after hundreds of flights and a few decent crashes.

Managed to completely delete the blue box at the cost of removing the landing light, with the radio (X20S/SR10 Pro) now handling the gear door sequencing. With the added bonus that there is no longer a 5 second delay after hitting the gear switch lol.

Also something I've been wanting to experiment with for a while is applying ultracote to a foam plane. The shapes on the top of the fuse would be a little too complex to do it neatly but the stabs, fuse underside and leading edges all have some decent (and nearly invisible) protection from hangar/transport dings now. I think it's a technique I'll use again going forward.

Will be running this on 8S 9S and 10S with the FMS 1500kv. Put the latter on the test stand and measured 6.4kg of static thrust but the amps are not sustainable. A respectable 4.8kg on 8S. Don't have the packs fory 9S config yet, but I guess somewhere around 5.5kg at a more sustainable load on the batteries. Obviously lose some of that when it goes in the guts of the plane.

I would post some photos but it's basically a bone stock F22 with a pitot tube hanging out the nosecone.
                          Nice! I just got the x20s also but I haven't set up a plane yet. Be interested to follow your setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

Nice! I just got the x20s also but I haven't set up a plan yet. Be interested to follow your setup.
                            I am by no means an expert but happy to share learnings. Logic switches are the key to doing more advanced programming.

The SR10 pro is a good choice as it has enough outputs for seperate ailerons and elevators (for taileron), seperate nose wheel steering and a channel left over to drive the gear door servo. Of course you can always run sbus adapters but it's very neat doing it just with the Rx.

Also managed to tuck an Archer RS receiver in redundant configuration down in the tail section near the stab servo. Frskys new stuff is seriously good!

Another mod I did was to solder up jr pins onto the ribbon cable to plug the aileron and flaps direct to the Rx. In my other raptor I just ran servo extensions out to the servos but it was painful pulling them through all of the right angles in the fuselage - if I had to guess I would say they wire this bird up in the factory before the two main halves of the fuse are glued together. If not, the technician on that part of the production line has the patience of a saint!

Comment

• I ended up with an x10s express, and still have my x10 from years ago when things had gotten bad for me and friends here stepped in and kept me going. I been really happy with frsky. My I really love the telemetry they provide and use it in my f22. Couldn't be happier with the combination.

Comment

• Yeah Ive taken a big old gulp of the Kool aid and fitted the frsky 8A BEC to the new raptor. Remote voltage adjustment from the tx and it even provides current draw from the BEC system via telemetry.

Hopefully they expand the neuron ESC line up to some higher current applications, they would be awesome for EDFs with the telemetry they provide.

Comment

• I agree, that would be awesome! I would be extremely happy with that in my edf planes!

Comment

• on my way to flying field
                                    took the advise to use the styro to transport the raptor and to top with our always together Avanti Click image for larger version

Name:	20210730_141549.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	320276

Comment

• Hello rc world quick question I got a spectrum rx in my f 22 90mm what is a good starting point for as3x rate gains?

Comment

• I really couldn't tell you about the spektrum stuff. but on my FRsky, I have my stabilizer settings around 25%. it could probably go down a tick or two more, but its working fairly well at that level for me.

Comment

• Hey guy's, I am a little lost here, how can I get the same flap throw of 32mm, when the geometrie of the rods are completely diffrent, should that be mixed by the blue box?
                                          I get 32mm on one flap and 40 on the other!?!

Any ideas? Thanks
                                          Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                          X