Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure thing. This plane is so tolerant. CG, battery weights... very tolerant, a real floater. After a few flights consider tailerons, full span flaps and other programing. I still think it should have come stock with TVs and more lights. Beating the dead horse...

Comment

• Hi guys!

I just finished my conversion. It's 10.5# AUW with the external tank and a K-55. Engine is way too big, but it's what I had so...

Anyway, what do you think of the weight?

Comment

• Should be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Sure thing. This plane is so tolerant. CG, battery weights... very tolerant, a real floater. After a few flights consider tailerons, full span flaps and other programing. I still think it should have come stock with TVs and more lights. Beating the dead horse...
          For full span flaps you need mor mix with down elevator?

Comment

• I have no mix with standard flaps and a bit of up mix when using full span.

Comment

• Speed brake
              Attached Files

Comment

• Fun in the Autumn sky…

Comment

• So I'm waiting the arrived this model.
                  where do you place the gyro?
                  Do you bypass the bluebox or not?
                  change the bec or not?

Any mods need or advise i will appreciate

Comment

• I don’t have a gyro in mine for the flight servos. I do have a steering gyro. I did bypass the MCBe for ailerons, elevators, rudders and flaps. I did that so I could do some programming.

I also tried mine stock 6s, 8s, 10s, and 12s. I put it 8s, not a stick FW 8s after trying the different set ups. Since I went 8s I did need a different ESC/ BEC. I also added thrust vectoring and wing tip lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by mribeiro View Post
                      So I'm waiting the arrived this model.
                      where do you place the gyro?
                      Do you bypass the bluebox or not?
                      change the bec or not?

Any mods need or advise i will appreciate
                      Sometimes a gyro might be helpfull, but most of the time, the Raptor flies fine without. In my video, the gyro was switched off.
                      I recommend an enforcement of the front gear. The plastic part that holds the gear servo unfastens rapidly in the foam compartment. …at least in my plane. There are two holes prepared for screws. For the hole under the servo compartement you‘ll need a flat head screw. Underneath the cockpit I glued a piece of plywood for mounting the screws.

The two rear gears were also modified. The retract gears and the wheels are connected with a 5cm bolt that is fixed with two grub screws on each side. After take offs or landings on grass the bolts will unfasten, so that the plane might suffer unexpected steerings. I added a drop of Locktite to the bolts. (You can still disassemble the gear if necessary)

Comment

• I can't picture what you are trying to describe...

Originally posted by Polyphren View Post

Sometimes a gyro might be helpfull, but most of the time, the Raptor flies fine without. In my video, the gyro was switched off.
                        I recommend an enforcement of the front gear. The plastic part that holds the gear servo unfastens rapidly in the foam compartment. …at least in my plane. There are two holes prepared for screws. For the hole under the servo compartement you‘ll need a flat head screw. Underneath the cockpit I glued a piece of plywood for mounting the screws.

The two rear gears were also modified. The retract gears and the wheels are connected with a 5cm bolt that is fixed with two grub screws on each side. After take offs or landings on grass the bolts will unfasten, so that the plane might suffer unexpected steerings. I added a drop of Locktite to the bolts. (You can still disassemble the gear if necessary)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0036E664-EB2A-492D-9A6C-CB42F19E9FF6.jpeg
Views:	483
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	328710
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	53B84DF3-F053-4A59-A5C5-48DB4146267B.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	328711
                          Currently the head of the screw collides with the gear, so I will buy a flat head screw tomorrow.
                          @Evan D: Better?

Comment

• I see. Thanks. I thought you were talking the main gear since you said "rear gears" and then "retract gears and wheels". Do you fly off grass?

Comment

• „Do you fly off grass?“ … every time I miss the runway 😁

Comment

• Comment

• That‘s what I did for the rear wheels.
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	224F8A26-AB15-4202-82D6-EF23C584C90B.jpeg
Views:	471
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	328718

Comment

• Hi,

How much down-elevator are you guys having to use for inverted, level flight?

Comment

• About none... A little lean on the stick.

Comment

• Hmmm.....

Mine needs tons. What's your cg?

Comment

• Not really sure, sorry.

looking at the old thread on the other site I said a couple years ago 150mm but I may have changed from then.

Comment

Working...
                                          X