Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight 10th! ( :

Comment

• Starting to push harder the flight envelope and getting some pretty cool maneuvers out of it! :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
        Starting to push harder the flight envelope and getting some pretty cool maneuvers out of it! :p
        Very nice video. How many FPS are you shooting?

Comment

• Depends on the video. The two here are 120fps for the first, 90fps for the second, both played back at 60fps for the most part with a few short and localized exceptions, so that's 0,5x and 0,67x.

You can actually tell when I'm slowing down the 2nd video further because I made a workflow error and some jenkiness / motion artifacts happened as a result. You can see in the two flat spins for example that the jet seems to move robotically, like stuttering. This is because I slowed the video first and stabilized later, should be done the other way round.

Comment

• Hello there,
            I am actually considering buying the F-22 soon and I have a question for the expert there.
            How many channel I need on my receiver to use that plane to the full extent. I know its a 6 channels plane but I see alot of video with cool maneuvers like the flat spin where you see like the real plane the elevators moving in different directions. Do you need to have them on separate channel for that ?

So is a 6 channels receiver is good enough ? Or do I need a 7 or 8 channels receiver ?

Thanks

Comment

• Depends on what you want you want to do. On most my planes I put steering on a separate channel so they are at least 7. The flat spin really needs tailerons so that needs an extra channel. On mine I put each aileron and flap on it's own channel for full span flaps and crow. I also have each rudder on it's own channel for rudder air brakes. So while 6 works you could have many more. If you need a gyro (I don't have one in this) you may need extra channels for that too.

I have a 12ch receiver in mine using 11 channels.

Comment

• The more channels the better. If you have a 16ch system, then go with that!
                I am using 13ch currently and will need more when I get the TV mod going.

A couple more flights on my end, testing out how the jet deals with inverted high alpha.
                Hint: It does much better than with upright high alpha:

Comment

• Well ... My problem is I only have a DX8 atm so i'm kinda limited at 8 channel for now ;) . Was hoping you guys would say I could do some decent things with 8 channel :).

Anyway im still fairly new to the whole RC world so I wont be getting into any of the crazy stuff you guys are doing just yet haha. I will still probably put a 8 ch receiver in it thought to be able in the long run to do a bit more stuff.

Thanks guys

Comment

• That’ll give you tailerons and crow, do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      Glad I never bothered with the LX one...Been waiting for a good size, quality F-22!
                      the LX one was nice back in 2010.. I loved that thing. Pulled all the crap out of it, and put some shublers in it, with hitech servos..tghe retracts tho..smh.hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Well, here is some follow up to my maiden crash. After buying a new servo tester and letting enough time go by to try to start investigating what happened, last night I pulled it out and started. Did not take but a minute to see something was way off. While going through the "sweep" function, it was obvious the elevators weren't in sync. The first time, I tried it after the blue box, the second time, I did them before the blue box and got the same result. When centering them with the tester, they were also off from one another. I scratched my head staring at it for 10 minutes and then decided to plug in a lipo and see what it did with the tx on. The picture below is what it now looks like with the elevators at neutral on the tx. Let me say, I set this plane up exactly per the manual and we all know how much conversation there was about the elevator neutral point so I spent a bit of time making sure both were right. Before the maiden, myself and another went over it a few more times checking throws and looking everything over. There is exactly a 0.0% chance this plane rolled down the runway away from me with the elevators looking like this. So, whatever caused this is why it rolled right twice shortly after takeoff. My question is what the heck happened. I am truly stumped!! :Thinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgM2vhjg24
                        I know this post is a few yrs old, however I wanted to share a similar experience of mine involving 3 80mm tomcats. I flew these planes fine, even made videos of them and caught them going down on video. No rhyme or reason whatsoever. Until it happened at the airfield when some other pilots were on site. Now Ive been on the tele with Motion, RCGeek, horizon etc..nothing..Well these guys where able to see the crash, and the semi saved plane and we were all stumped. Then 1 of us accidentally hit the elevator and spun it, by hand. I always swap out motion elevator servos, and I guess I had mistakenly used a motion servo horn on the Hitech servo. it had stripped the splines and as soon as I took off and any pressure was applied the elevator, BOOM, it would roll and lawn dart..I almost walked away from that plane. I am happy to say, knowing what happened gave me the confidence to fly the plane again.. I would have never even looked at the servo horns...Maybe this helps..

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthR720 View Post
                          I have the 8S Raptor and it flies great however it’s just not worth the additional cost. I fly with the batteries as far aft as they will go. The additional 2S battery shifts the CG forward which decreases flight performance. For a boost in performance I replaced the motor bearings in some of my jets with ceramic bearings and use high speed oil. The stock bearings are lubricated with grease and for the price they’re fine.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	9EE89C6D-9907-445E-863D-426EF88B7469.jpeg
Views:	1537
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	198524
                          can you stack the batteries in the bay?

Comment

• Best flights with the Raptor so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              That’ll give you tailerons and crow, do it!
                              Question for you Evan, I just got my F-22 8S. Each time I go to plug in the battery to initialize the rx, it is smoking the negative side. It did it with both batteries in series, and then when I plugged up just one 6s. I mean unsoldering the male from the battery plug smoking it..I have only swapped out the stock bec for a castle 2.0 bec, swapped wire for wire, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong..Any Idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

The 8S capable PNP ESC can use a minimum of 5S LiPo voltage to initialize, so the 6S pack you plugged into it should allow the ESC to initialize. This ESC appears to have an odd (in my opinion) way of sounding off the voltage via designated "beeps". For example, one long beep equals a 5S LiPo voltage, and one short beep equals 1S LiPo voltage. So, if you plugged in your 6S LiPo you will hear one long beep followed by 1 short beep. Once you plug in 8S LiPo voltage, you will hear one long beep signifying 5S, plug three short beeps to signify three additional cells for 8S total voltage.

It doesn't appear Motion has put a manual online for this ESC on any of their product pages (there is only a manual for the external BEC), and I'm not sure if they have an official manual for it.

However, I was able to find a FlyFun HV ESC manual in a Google search and although it doesnt appear to state "150A ESC" in the manual, it appears some of the programming aspects could be the same. Once again, it isn't official and Motion will have to clarify what it correct and what isn't, so this is all at your own risk.
                                Why are my batteries sparking and smoking like they're wired wrong when I go to plug them in? I see that you can pull the positive lead apart, but now I'm a little gun shy lol..Is this safe or am I going to blow up a battery?

Comment

• Sorry, I’d have to see the wiring in person…

Comment

• From the F-15. I think it came out decent. Wonder how it will fly…

Comment

• Silly question... I noticed the F-22 comes with some extra decals but the manual doesn't say anything about them... anyone knows where do they go?

Comment

• Some have said on the belly but I just tossed them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                          Silly question... I noticed the F-22 comes with some extra decals but the manual doesn't say anything about them... anyone knows where do they go?

just never installed them. Don’t care too much.

Comment

Working...
                                          X