First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, wing spar mod. Got it. Not doing it... thanks

Comment

• "is anyone using a basic 7 or 9 channel Spectrum Rx successfully?"

DSM2 AR9000 Receiver ?DX9 use...Husafreak. I used the noted receiver successfully in my Avanti with Spektrum DSM2 remote sats, but as you know the Avanti is a different "non blue" box if that matters. I switched to a Horus X10S transmitter and that is what I'm using, in my Avanti, A4, L-39, and F-22(still to be cold here)

Comment

• Thanks. Yeah I need to buy a Rx so I figured I'd ask what Spectrum Rx guys are using successfully with the F-22 "blue box". I sure don't want to buy another Rx and have it also be "incompatible" like the AR7000 ;)
        I have the Freewing Me 262, F-104 (90), Avanti (80), and A-10 (80), all running a variety of Spectrum Rx on DX-18 and JR11X Tx. I've never had an issue with the Freewing boards before.

Comment

• I use the Spektrum 9030T with three satellite receivers. It does have telemetry, but they work great with my DX-9 and DX-18... And it works fine in the L-39, F-22, and the Corsair which all have the new blue box....

Comment

• But I do remove the factory BEC and add a Castle Creations 20amp BEC Pro to provide the power....

Comment

• I use a AR9350 with 2 sats, altimeter, GPS, ESC temp, and a current sensor. I ran a Castle BEC just to be sure. I only use the blue box for gear and nose steering. There was a guy selling brand new “authentic” AR7350’s for $80 + free shipping on eBay. I bought 3 of them. He just upped the price though to $100. In all my other 90mm Jets I have 10 channel Admirals or Lemon RXs, they all work fine. Only 1 Lemmon was bad out of about 20. It was missing the antenna... so the seller sent 3 of them for free.

Comment

• Sheeee's Baaaaaaack! :Cool:

Does this one have Light Pole detectors?
                Looks great.... is this a replacement or built back from new parts:?

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                  Sheeee's Baaaaaaack! :Cool: Does this one have Light Pole detectors? Looks great.... is this a replacement or built back from new parts:?
                  No light pole detectors, I am working on that. It's called "Don't Be An Idiot And Cut Your Pattern Short Between Light Poles" LOL LOL

This is a replacement ARF PLUS. I just put the power system from the carcass into this pristine one. Like it never happened! ;)

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

No light pole detectors, I am working on that. It's called "Don't Be An Idiot And Cut Your Pattern Short Between Light Poles" LOL LOL

This is a replacement ARF PLUS. I just put the power system from the carcass into this pristine one. Like it never happened! ;)
                    You must've gotten the last one! :blueangry

Comment

• Not sure about that but they should be back in stock soon enough I believe.
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

You've got to paint those rudder servos. The black servo color thows off your depth perception. I think that might be what happened to the first one...;)LOL

Comment

• Thanks. I was surprised to see that Spectrum has really changed its Rx selection. Not many “simple” Rx choices anymore. And I see the Admiral Rx are made by Lemon... I may just get one of those with a satellite. Lemons seem to work great and the Admiral has a hard case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                            Thanks. I was surprised to see that Spectrum has really changed its Rx selection. Not many “simple” Rx choices anymore. And I see the Admiral Rx are made by Lemon... I may just get one of those with a satellite. Lemons seem to work great and the Admiral has a hard case.
                            All of my EDFs and several of my big birds are running the Admiral diversity receivers with diversity sats(mostly the 10 chan). All have been reliable so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                              You've got to paint those rudder servos. The black servo color thows off your depth perception. I think that might be what happened to the first one...;)LOL
                              Haha, definitely on my To-Do list...I was just looking at those suckers sticking out like a sore thumb. :Scared:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Haha, definitely on my To-Do list...I was just looking at those suckers sticking out like a sore thumb. :Scared:
                                Easy to do.

Comment

• Yep, just painted them on my lunch break. Much better. :Cool:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• WINDY day flight, the Raptor bobbles around, check it out.

Comment

• Nice job negotiating through the wind!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Nice job negotiating through the wind!
                                        Thanks, it did fine, but its more fun with less wind. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                                          Thanks. Yeah I need to buy a Rx so I figured I'd ask what Spectrum Rx guys are using successfully with the F-22 "blue box". I sure don't want to buy another Rx and have it also be "incompatible" like the AR7000 ;)
                                          I have the Freewing Me 262, F-104 (90), Avanti (80), and A-10 (80), all running a variety of Spectrum Rx on DX-18 and JR11X Tx. I've never had an issue with the Freewing boards before.
                                          I'm using the 8010T in the L-39 and F-22. I had some issues with the F-22 and bypassed the blue box on it. At least for rudder, steering and elevator. (Most likely from the 6.0V the Castle Talon HV BEC was putting out.) Seems to have fixed itself after putting the stock 6s system in with 5.0V BEC The blue box worked fine in the L-39 from the get go but it was using the stock system and BEC.
                                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Working...
                                          X