X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    See mine? Mine is only slightly down elevator. Half a trailing edge thickness of down in relation to the trailing edge of the fuse. Roughly 5.5 mm from the bottom edge of the fuse to the center of the stab.
    So right-side up it's half a trailing edge thickness of UP in relation to trailing edge of fuse when she's on her feet. Just want to make triple clear here. Man how my brain can play tricks on me. LOL LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• OK Todd, right side up this time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190117_185912.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	172821

Comment

• Now my brain can finally relax, LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I am so glad Todd...:Whew:

I found some gray Duck brand tape that is almost a perfect color match to cover the wire runs in the bottom of the wing. Also added the generator and mystery decals.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190117_195548.jpg Views:	2 Size:	174.6 KB ID:	172831

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190117_195009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.9 KB ID:	172828

Comment

• [QUOTE=RCjetdude;n172827]I am so glad Todd...:Whew:

I found some gray Duck brand tape that is almost a perfect color match to cover the wire runs in the bottom of the wing. Also added the generator and mystery decals.

Hey Steve, could we see a different angle showing the tape and maybe a picture of the tape roll? Is the tape dull or shiny?

Comment

• Here's where I ended up with thanks to your photos Steve. Not a great angle or pic but I feel confident I am in the right spot.

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	172834
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=downwindleg;n172832]
                Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                I am so glad Todd...:Whew:

Hey Steve, could we see a different angle showing the tape and maybe a picture of the tape roll? Is the tape dull or shiny?

It's a little shiny. Not bad though and a whole lot better than the wires and believe me, I have a bunch of them.

Name:	IMG_20190117_201411.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	172836

Name:	IMG_20190117_201311.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	172837

Name:	IMG_20190117_201323.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	172838

Comment

• O.K. cool! Might be able to dull that shine down with super fine sandpaper or a scotch bright pad. That also might work over the torque rods for the thrust vectoring.....speaking of whitch, do you think the plane should be maidened prior to adding the T V or just add more exponential 'til I'm used to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    Also, I am having a difficult time finding the neutral point for the elevator. I have looked over the diagram at the manual but it's finding the precise centerpoint as the base to measure up 5.5mm to is which I am having trouble with. I *think* I have it but I was wondering if someone had a photo of where the TRAILING EDGE of the elevator lines up with the aft section of the fuse. This will tell me how close or how far off I am. I appreciate the help. Here's a photo of where I have mine at the moment...

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture1.JPG Views:	2 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	172765
                    I found that on my Raptors that matching the trailing edge of the elevator with the the back edge of the fuselage works out perfectly. Any trim that I have had to make was so slight you wouldn't notice it. I have a friend with two Raptors and he has the same set up I have with the same good results.Just what I have found. Others may differ.

Comment

• That’s not right. In the pic you have a lot of down. Has it flown like that?

Comment

Here's where I ended up with thanks to your photos Steve. Not a great angle or pic but I feel confident I am in the right spot.

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	172834
                        That'll get you airborne. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          O.K. cool! Might be able to dull that shine down with super fine sandpaper or a scotch bright pad. That also might work over the torque rods for the thrust vectoring.....speaking of whitch, do you think the plane should be maidened prior to adding the T V or just add more exponential 'til I'm used to it?
                          I would recommend flying it and getting it trimmed first.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                            I found that on my Raptors that matching the trailing edge of the elevator with the the back edge of the fuselage works out perfectly. Any trim that I have had to make was so slight you wouldn't notice it. I have a friend with two Raptors and he has the same set up I have with the same good results.Just what I have found. Others may differ.
                            I have heard the same thing, I believe including this model as well. Steve has his set to just a touch of down which is where I am currently at pre-maiden. I imagine if I even line it up it will fly well. Just wanted to make sure I was in the proper ball park.

:)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              That’s not right. In the pic you have a lot of down. Has it flown like that?
                              No sir. Pre-maiden checklist. Steve set me straight. ;)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                O.K. cool! Might be able to dull that shine down with super fine sandpaper or a scotch bright pad. That also might work over the torque rods for the thrust vectoring.....speaking of whitch, do you think the plane should be maidened prior to adding the T V or just add more exponential 'til I'm used to it?
                                These are a good investment for that type of covering... if there isn’t a match, just paint it. Thats what I use anyway.

Adhesive Vinyl Sheets Assortment... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XF8T626...p_mob_ap_share

Comment

• When I bought mine I did so knowing it was to have it with TVs and I modded it while assembling it. Never flew without the TVs. I also rewired it when assembling it. That said I would also recommend flying it stock and then deciding as Steve has said.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I would recommend flying it and getting it trimmed first.

Comment

I have heard the same thing, I believe including this model as well. Steve has his set to just a touch of down which is where I am currently at pre-maiden. I imagine if I even line it up it will fly well. Just wanted to make sure I was in the proper ball park.

:)
                                    You are in good shape. Just take off and if necessary trim it a little. Then just enjoy the flying. I got my elevator setting by watching my friend fly and how he had his set when he taxied back in. In addition I watched the video of "Pilot Ryan" on his maden of the Raptor and when he taxied back inn and the plane was at his feet it looked to me like the back of the elevator was even with the fuselage.

Comment

• Imitating F-22 high alpha passes did not go as well with the F-104.

Comment

• Hey Steve, a while ago in your opening canopy mod thread you said there would be more details to come. Have you had a chance to follow up on that? Would love to see more on that. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• I started a build thread for it. Needs more work but it's a start.

Comment

Working...
                                          X