Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll let you decide for yourself whether or not it's worth doing as there will still be some gaps left when done. I tried to cut the existing gear door back to the line where the wing meets the fuse and have the outer door lay over most of the wheel, but the strut and knuckle are in the way and won't let it sit flush.
    Pat

Comment

• Looks like it’s needing a new gear door that covers more of the opening, Just a redesign of the stock door might do it. Also the new 3D printed door could use a little redesign to cover more on the right side. Say another saw tooth closer to the stock door.

Comment

• Put three flights on mine today although it was a bit "blustery" The first flight of the day video Jeff shot is pretty much my favorite for the day. Lacking a little in zoom but he did keep the model in frame although somewhere along the line he bumped the auto focus button and turned it back on. That made it go a little fuzzy in a couple of spots.

Second recorded flight today and he got a little too close with the zoom so lost it a couple of times when I made a sudden course change. I forgot to turn on the gyro for most of my 1st circuit, too. It makes a big difference in smoothness under blustery conditions like we were having today

Third flight on the Raptor today. The wind was really getting serious by now. Constant 15 and gusting considerably higher. Made landing a challenge. I thought I had it greased until a gust picked it back up about 3 feet off the deck. Still acceptable touchdown with no damage but...

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          Here's what I ended up with on the extra decals based on the information I posted earlier. I think it looks pretty close to scale now, better than what I did on the first one. I used the big rectangles behind the cheaters, but cut off about 1/4" from the length. I cut down two of the four smaller squares to match the full scale, and then I cut up the parallelograms for the wing and nose.
          Thanks thats is just what I was looking for. I didn’t know if these were missed in the first production and that’s why they were separate. Thought maybe they were applying them to the new batches of planes coming from the factory. Thanks again.

Comment

• Yeah, don't know why they would bother to create the decals, and then not put them on. I'm on #2 now, and the second one did not have them applied either.
            Pat

Comment

• Having an issue with my ESC on my new (never flown) F-22 that I just received Tuesday.
              When binding to the rx all it does is beep every second or so. Throttle will not work. Any ideas?
              All bullet connectors are fine..throttle to throttle on rx. All servos working.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                Having an issue with my ESC on my new (never flown) F-22 that I just received Tuesday.
                When binding to the rx all it does is beep every second or so. Throttle will not work. Any ideas?
                All bullet connectors are fine..throttle to throttle on rx. All servos working.

Tom
                Is the BEC plugged in to your receiver? ie do the servos work? If so I'd suggest turning on your TX advancing the throttle to full and plugging in the power battery. Should beep a couple of times at which time you will pull the throttle back to closed. The ESC should do a cell count and arm. (Known as calibrating throttle end points).
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• You need to calibrate the throttle. After binding it, remove the plug and shut everything off, including Tx. Then set your throttle stick to high with Tx off. Turn the Tx on and plug the esc in. After you hear the first 2 tones set the stick to low. Some esc's will have a song after cell counts. If it doesn't work the first time don't turn the Tx off. Repeat procedure. It took 3 times for my Viper to calibrate.

Comment

• ESC plugged Signal/negative reverse would do that... Any servos not plugged logically reversed would still function if the RX bind didn't fail.

RX bind fail would of course mean nothing works

Its typical ESC response to not seeing a valid pulse sequence on the signal line.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I tried calibrating the throttle, will try again. Thanks All.

Tom

Comment

• Anyone found any paint that matches the bottem of this bird?

Put 3 flights on today but on the first takeoff my left main landing gear came off (Cant catch a break with these gear) right at rotation. I decided belly landing was the best option which was a good call because there is no damage, just a small divot in the foam that will drive my OCD crazy if I don't paint it.

Comment

• Coyotes https://youtu.be/3mzFDjcl_cc

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                            I tried calibrating the throttle, will try again. Thanks All.

Tom
                            Let us know because your a seasoned pilot. Been here alot longer than me.

Comment

• I'm going a different way on mine from the usual route. Should be interesting when completed.

Comment

• F-22 Raptor Hangar. Can you tell we love this plane? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Luisito View Post
                                  F-22 Raptor Hangar. Can you tell we love this plane? ;)
                                  Wow, at least we know where they all went now................:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                                    I'm going a different way on mine from the usual route. Should be interesting when completed.
                                    Beautiful job loving the way your detailing yours

Comment

• Originally posted by Luisito View Post
                                      F-22 Raptor Hangar. Can you tell we love this plane? ;)
                                      Nice im jealous;)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Wow, at least we know where they all went now................:)
                                        Thats what im sayin

Comment

• I had a chance to complete the gear doors on one side of the jet and have all the parts made for the other so it shouldn't take too long to do. Plus I won't have to stare and scratch my head as much. :Confused:
                                          Tom
                                          Freewing Motion RC F-22 Raptor main gear door modification.

Comment

Working...
                                          X