Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch.....A10 pilot should’ve gave himself a bit more altitude while over taking that slower plane. But than again That corsair looked to be erratic just before the collision and banked into a10. No single pilot to blame.

Comment

• Ouch. Well to be fair the video simply showed a "kiss"...I didn't see the aftermath sooooo..... :P;)LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• BTW, Steve...There's a simple reason why I wasn't as distraught today as I could have been over the crash. And that would be because I didn't do the mods you did. Had I? I think I would still be wrapped in blankets with a tub of ice cream. LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• See here my F22 with turbine https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...olibri-turbine

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Thank you. The way I see it is if I don't laugh, I'll cry. And laughing is more fun. LOL
            Todd, your attitude is to be admired and I'm sure going to try to adopt it next time something like this happens to me. Thank you for the inspiration!:Cool:
            Tom

Comment

• I witnessed the A10/Corsair incident. Charlie had a bad day that day at E-week.

Tom

Comment

• From RCjetdude:

I have the A3L in mine. Admiral 10ch receiver as well. I run elevator, ailerons, nose stearing and rudder through it and it is on all the time. I set only gain 1 and turn gain 2 all the way down. I have not bypassed the blue box and don't see a need to do so. My A3L is wired in between the blue box and receiver. Gain 1 is at about 10 o'clock and it is solid in the air.

Thanks RCjetdude -- I have purchased an A3L and will install tomorrow. A couple of questions:

--Where did you mount your A3L? I know it's recommended to mount as close to CG as possible, although in MotionRC videos, where impractical to do so, they are sometimes mounted ahead of the lipo. Do you think it makes much difference? I could mount just behind the lipo position (below the rear hatch edge).

--Second, the setup refers to the servo frequency and choice of three settings. I'm probably searching for the wrong thing, but can't find out any information as to the servo frequency for the F-22 (or any other Freewing or Flightline plane for that matter). Does anybody know?

I've got an Admiral 10-channel dual diversity Rx and Spektrum DX8 G2. I have run Mode to CH8 (switch digitally adjusted for "off" and "gyro" only) and Gain to CH7 (right knob). I will turn the unit's gain 2 all the way off as indicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                  I witnessed the A10/Corsair incident. Charlie had a bad day that day at E-week.

Tom
                  Hey Tom...........bad moment but a great day. ;) Really a bunch of great folks(like you) to meet each and every time I get to go to an event.
                  When else does a guy in his 60's get to climb a monster tree like some kid on a sugar high trying to salvage what remains LOL
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
                    From RCjetdude:

Thanks RCjetdude -- I have purchased an A3L and will install tomorrow. A couple of questions:

--Where did you mount your A3L? I know it's recommended to mount as close to CG as possible, although in MotionRC videos, where impractical to do so, they are sometimes mounted ahead of the lipo. Do you think it makes much difference? I could mount just behind the lipo position (below the rear hatch edge).

--Second, the setup refers to the servo frequency and choice of three settings. I'm probably searching for the wrong thing, but can't find out any information as to the servo frequency for the F-22 (or any other Freewing or Flightline plane for that matter). Does anybody know?

I've got an Admiral 10-channel dual diversity Rx and Spektrum DX8 G2. I have run Mode to CH8 (switch digitally adjusted for "off" and "gyro" only) and Gain to CH7 (right knob). I will turn the unit's gain 2 all the way off as indicated.
                    I mounted the gyro under the battery tray and cut a small window in the tray to access the gain pot. Don't worry about the servo frequency. Factory default setting works fine.

Comment

• Aros.. I am so sorry! Sux to loose anything especially one with such low hours.....

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Lol, yours was the best...BTW, I'm still flying that Corsair ;)
                        It wasn't so much what was seen in WBC's and your vid. It was the sound of that Hog hitting the tree that put that one over the top:);)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

It was the sound of that Hog hitting the tree that put that one over the top:);)
                          Yes: The unmistakable sound of foam hitting wood!

Tom

Comment

• Been working on the cockpit this cold, snowy weekend- here's some photos of the work in progress. I've hollowed out the area behind the instrument panel and have an LED in there to light the HUD and also backlight the displays on the panel. I'm going to use the images Pat posted but need to get more printer ink before that can be done. I must say that the quality of the 3D parts Freewing sells for this jet are of outstanding quality, the detail of all the little MFD buttons is amazing! :Cool:
                            Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post

Thanks Bill. The maiden went well. Just two clicks of right aileron trim. Only flew it twice including the maiden and came in too hot each time. It's only my second EDF, the other is the Flex Jet. Still have a lot to learn when it comes to Jets.

Tom
                              I sometimes stay on the power a little too long too. Mostly a case of not wanting to land short in the grass and rip the gear out. I have a Flex Jet as well although it's kind of been kicked to the curb after the last couple of Freewing / Motion offerings. Both the L-39 and F-22 are home runs IMO. I thought about putting an Aura in mine but it flew fine without gyro. I did later add one of the A3 and it flies even better with, especially in the crosswind conditions our runway is so prone to.

PS to Aros. Sorry for your loss. The crash was spectacular though.
                              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                                Been working on the cockpit this cold, snowy weekend- here's some photos of the work in progress. I've hollowed out the area behind the instrument panel and have an LED in there to light the HUD and also backlight the displays on the panel. I'm going to use the images Pat posted but need to get more printer ink before that can be done. I must say that the quality of the 3D parts Freewing sells for this jet are of outstanding quality, the detail of all the little MFD buttons is amazing! :Cool:
                                Tom
                                Outstanding work Tom!

Comment

• Hey Tom, I agree with Steve....great work! Is the hud screen clear or green like Steve's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Todd, your attitude is to be admired and I'm sure going to try to adopt it next time something like this happens to me. Thank you for the inspiration!:Cool:
                                    Tom
                                    Thanks my friend but let me be clear...The laughter comes AFTER I scream for a few moments with the mouth of a drunken sailor on holiday break. LOL

PS...GREAT job on the cockpit!!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                      PS to Aros. Sorry for your loss. The crash was spectacular though.
                                      Thanks bud. It really was. In fact, so spectacular that when it happened 25 yards from me it took my brain approximately 3.5 seconds for it to sink in. "Did I really just witness that?" Damn this hobby. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Dang!!! It happens. Those airplane magnets are everywhere.... :(

Comment

• It is 39F here, but the sun is peaking out and the wind is 2-3 out of the North with gusts to only 8mph! So it seems to be my window to maiden the F-22. I am 2 miles from the school with all concrete roads, and no one is there on the weekends... So batteries are topping off and I am packing the truck to go!!! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X