X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Oh man, that really sucks. I've been there and done that (lightpole). I think I only had 8 flights on my first one as well. Hope you get another one in the near future.
    Yeah definitely will get another one. The F-22 is one of my favorite contemporary jets. Now I know how to dial her in so the next one will be dialed even quicker...AND WILL AVOID LIGHT POLES AT ALL COSTS!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Awesome...if you're going to crash make it big and get it on video:Cool:
      That's my motto! After every crash (and the ensuing profanity) the first thing I say is "Well at least I hope I got it on video!" :Cool:

Speaking of video, I think that crash is as good a testament to the durability of the RunCam 2 as anything I've seen. The cam was on the wingtip, the same wing that took the brunt of the impact and was hurled several yards from the point of impact, crashing and rolling on the pavement. No damage and the video was intact.

RunCam 2. Because Sometimes There's Light Poles.
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
        I appreciate your sense of humor. ;)
        Thank you. The way I see it is if I don't laugh, I'll cry. And laughing is more fun. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

That's always the thing, right?! You could TRY to hit the damn thing and it would take several attempts. There can be great irony in this hobby of ours.
          I agree completely !! Cheers
          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Oh man! Todd that sucks! Sorry that happened but you nailed it. I once dead centered a tall antenna with an F-5. Flew through a maze of wires holding it up only to hit the antenna itself. I did not have it on video though.

Comment

• Thanks Steve, yeah it would be pretty epic if we were to have a video montage of all of our "doozie" epic crashes over the years. Hell, mine alone could eat up an hour's worth of footage! LOL
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Between this and exploding Corsair props I bet you could. LOL

Comment

• Todd, is your fan hatch still serviceable? Mike_eee over on RCG is looking for one as he destroyed his in a freak accident.
                  Pat

Comment

• Aros...sorry about the mishap it happens to the best of us.

Comment

• Sorry about the plane Aros but that is awesome video!

Comment

• The saying at our field is:
                        "I certainly don't want you to crash, but if you're going to anyway, I certainly don't want to miss seeing it". :)

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Todd, is your fan hatch still serviceable? Mike_eee over on RCG is looking for one as he destroyed his in a freak accident.
                          The EDF covering/hatch with the screws? I think so I will have to check...
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yes, that's the one. I would offer him mine, but it got obliterated. :)
                            Pat

Comment

• Yeah we all feel the same way. While we all feel bad for anyone who crashes their model, well you might as well enjoy the video if there is one! LOL
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey Todd, major bummer.:( We all have our heart wrenching stories but you've got it recorded for posterity. Looks like you caught the pole and spun your way down for a nice landing. LOLIn previous videos you've done, those poles have always freaked me out. Got to be difficult to negotiate.:Scared: You need to get on the school board and get rid of those poles......and maybe the roof the Spitfire hit too. DON"T THEY KNOW YOUR TRYING TO FLY THERE???!! At my field, the poles have curb feelers, otherwise known as branches. ;)Anyway, maybe you could go with the arf plus and save the cost of the motor ,fan, etc.?

Comment

• LOL LOL

I know! The audacity of the Public School System to not realize that's my personal airfield! LOL

Good call on the ARF+. That's just what I will do. As for the poles, my buddy and I have flown there for so many years now we are used to them and out of probably well over 1,000 flights there the light poles have only taken 2 of my models, this being my second casualty and it was no doubt due to my stupidity to hastily decide to change my normal pattern, especially on the approach! And to think I was going to call it after the first flight being that my dog was waiting in the car for me to take her out and play with her.

Could have sworn there was a slight smirk on her face when I came back with the jet in pieces. :Thinking:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Awesome...if you're going to crash make it big and get it on video:Cool:
                                    Man.....it's a toss up of whose was more spectacular, the F-22 light pole arrest or your F-4 power line limbo. LOL
                                    And yes I know it hurts guys cause I still remember the sting of the :corsair:a10midair :P VIDEO SPECTACULAR CRASH WINNERLOL
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Man.....it's a toss up of whose was more spectacular, the F-22 light pole arrest or your F-4 power line limbo. LOL
                                      And yes I know it hurts guys cause I still remember the sting of the :corsair:a10midair :P VIDEO SPECTACULAR CRASH WINNERLOL
                                      Lol, yours was the best...BTW, I'm still flying that Corsair ;)
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I probably have seen it but can someone post the Corsair/A-10 Mid-Air? Not that I am trying to take my mind off of my crash today or anything. :Silly:
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          I probably have seen it but can someone post the Corsair/A-10 Mid-Air? Not that I am trying to take my mind off of my crash today or anything. :Silly:
                                          Here you go Todd. Happened at eWeek 2017. George and Charlie got tangled up and the Corsair (George) won.

Comment

Working...
                                          X