First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you log the flight in the radio?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Awesome job Tom!! If I didn't already have mine mostly done, I would have used your idea with the removable pin.....major pain to find the sweet spot for the pivot point. I too used the plastic clevis instead of the supplied one and just used a servo connector rod cut to the right length instead of the all thread. What material did you use for the heads up display and was it clear or green? Love the backlit displays...will probably go with a smaller led. Single magnet with adjustable screw is also a bit of genius. Once again you hit it out of the park.
      Thanks Brad! Sorry for the late reply but an ice storm took out our internet ... The HUD material is transparent green tape over clear plastic.
      Hope to see your finished version soon.
      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Looks fantastic Tom. Very nicely executed. The backlit display looks amazing!
        Thank you Steve, your kit is awesome! As I said to Brad, sorry for the tardy response but our internet was down (ice storm). I think I'd rather be in Florida with you, hope you're having a great time!
        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

That looks awesome..... thank you for sharing your experience, such nice work.
          Rich
          Thank you Rich- it keeps me off the streets!
          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Beautiful job Tom! Love that light up display!
            Thanks Todd! Congrats on your V2 Raptor maiden! In the depths of winter here so time to fool around in the shop- wing tanks next.
            Tom

Comment

• Thanks to RCjetdude (Steve) for hooking me up with the stl files and info on the LEDs. Dual LEDs on the nose and single LEDs on the mains.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                Thanks to RCjetdude (Steve) for hooking me up with the stl files and info on the LEDs. Dual LEDs on the nose and single LEDs on the mains.

Tom
                Love the lights

Comment

• Yeah that looks slick and serves a purpose beyond just a cool factor for sure...Especially on approach on those grey days (ask me how I know)... LOL
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• That's the only thing I dislike about this model, The lack of lighting. Someone like myself that doesn't have the spare time to add the proper lighting, would gladly pay extra for a model with nav lights and such. Especially a model of this caliber...

Comment

• and price...

Comment

• Does anyone know if the 17 G Freewing servos have an adjustable pot to recenter the arm without having to press the gear shaft out? My left elevator servo is off enough to induce differential. Can't get it 90 degrees moving servo arm. I can plug the elevator servos into separate channels, but my S8R stabilization doesn't work then on the non elevator channel. If needed I'll order another servo from Motion. Also will the HobbyEagle gyros mix 2 elevator channels if I choose to split the servos on the separate channels? Thanks for the input!! Tom

Comment

• Hobby Eagle will not allow more than one output on the elevator, but the Freewing gyro has dual outputs for ail, elev, and rudder. It WILL NOT work with Spektrum telemetry receivers however....

Comment

• For those that are aware of my maiden crash and the mysterious right roll and right elevator changing on me, here's what I found today.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                              For those that are aware of my maiden crash and the mysterious right roll and right elevator changing on me, here's what I found today.

https://youtu.be/e-nhJCU6XX0
                              Nice Vids. Watched them both, very informative. Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you get it adjusted, (meaning replaced). You know they are making so many of these servos, and for so cheap these days it's amazing we don't loose more planes to this sort of thing. Good luck mate.

Woody

Comment

For those that are aware of my maiden crash and the mysterious right roll and right elevator changing on me, here's what I found today.

WellDone JC !! Great Analytical Approach. Quite happy to see 'Trash' inside of there honestly. GL with your dealings with MRC. Hopeful the resolution to this Drama goes well for you. I cannot really see it going any other way for you with this... Cheers !!

Comment

• Someone found my post on Facebook and theirs did the exact thing before it was ever flown. It was setup per the manual and then the elevator moved on him. Here is a picture of his.

Comment

• Woody and Bobaroo, thanks for the feedback. I was determined to find what happened and I figured videoing it all was the most honest way I could do that.

Comment

Someone found my post on Facebook and theirs did the exact thing before it was ever flown. It was setup per the manual and then the elevator moved on him. Here is a picture of his.
                                      OhDear .... You're gonna make me Replace my Stab Servos now !!! My bargain F-22 ARFplus just went up another $60 Hahahaha

Comment

• Short but sweet https://youtu.be/jZruZqstd4c

Comment

Whats strange. My Elevator servos when I got mine, when centered, looked like yours after you made the adjustment post crash. I remember this vividly because I thought "This is odd. For them both not be at 90*." So I tried re centering the servo horn on the right side, but it would not set at 90* like the left side does.

It's Almost like your servo had a "false" center, and reset when taking off. I have had servos get damaged when racing R/C cars, and you can always see the gear that is damaged when you pull them apart. Most always, it's more than one gear that gets damaged.

Comment

Working...
                                          X