Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George put an F-16 main on his. Might ask the how he did it. I used an F-16 nose wheel on mine and it fit fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      George put an F-16 main on his. Might ask the how he did it. I used an F-16 nose wheel on mine and it fit fine.
      Thanks,Steve. I'm thinkin' the nose wheel is too small for my grass. I'll check with George.

Comment

• On my first one I had a 90mm F-16 main on the nose, and on the second one I have the 90mm F-16 nose wheel on there. Both went on perfectly with no issues.
        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          On my first one I had a 90mm F-16 main on the nose, and on the second one I have the 90mm F-16 nose wheel on there. Both went on perfectly with no issues.
          I don't know what's different but I had to pry the forks open to get the wheel to where I could get the axle pin in. George says he did the same and then bent them back in. I guess I just don't care that much to start bending the forks and getting a longer pin. It's past the point of diminishing returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I don't know what's different but I had to pry the forks open to get the wheel to where I could get the axle pin in. George says he did the same and then bent them back in. I guess I just don't care that much to start bending the forks and getting a longer pin. It's past the point of diminishing returns.
            I certainly agree with you.

Comment

Come to think of it, I did have to pry the forks open just slightly for the F-16 nose wheel. Not much, just enough to get it to fit and spin freely.
              Pat

Comment

• I used the stock F-22 axle with my F-16 main wheel on the nose. No problems.

Comment

• Hey Guys, ever wonder what those two diamond shapes on the port wing root are? Well I just found out today. Those are intake and exhaust ports, for a 450hp turbine engine, that open during the start sequence. It is part of the Auxillary Power Generating System for the F-22. So the doors open and there is a quick flash( cartridge starter kind of like the old Coffman starters of WWII) for the startup turbine followed by a release of compressed air( to get the main engine turbines spinning)and then the sound of the main engines spinning up! Awesome sight and sound! I don't have the ability to post this but if you type in F-22 startup sequence, you will get the short but sweet little show. BTW, while all this is on the port wing root, the starboard wing root has a cannon mounted. Check it out!Maybe I'm just the last to know but I thought it was very cool!

Comment

• O.K. here it is. Check it out.

Comment

Hey Guys, ever wonder what those two diamond shapes on the port wing root are? Well I just found out today. Those are intake and exhaust ports, for a 450hp turbine engine, that open during the start sequence. It is part of the Auxillary Power Generating System for the F-22. So the doors open and there is a quick flash( cartridge starter kind of like the old Coffman starters of WWII) for the startup turbine followed by a release of compressed air( to get the main engine turbines spinning)and then the sound of the main engines spinning up! Awesome sight and sound! I don't have the ability to post this but if you type in F-22 startup sequence, you will get the short but sweet little show. BTW, while all this is on the port wing root, the starboard wing root has a cannon mounted. Check it out!Maybe I'm just the last to know but I thought it was very cool!
                      Very cool! Thanks for sharing

Rich

Comment

• Nice find Brad, that is really cool!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Realistically, How rough a runway can the F-22 handle? I would appreciate any advice from less than perfect grass runway pilots.
                          We just harvested pine on our farm and now I have tons of tree free open space, and I'm about to bring my old farm runway back into service. I Really, Really like this Raptor. My runway isn't totally level, but In the past I've had no issues taking off with .40 size glow planes.
                          If it ever stops raining, I'll try to get some measurements but I would guess its about 150' long with a slight down slope and maybe a dip or two. I have about 100 yds of open (Hay) field leading up to the runway and about 500+ yds beyond. I have a FW 64mm F-18 (hand launch, without gear) that I just started flying, so far I have no problems getting it on the runway.
                          I'll probably wait for the 8s to come back into stock to give me the extra power for a shorter takeoff.
                          I potentially have other spots to fly, but I really enjoy the ease and convenience of flying on my farm.

thanks,
                          David

Comment

• Originally posted by DDawg View Post
                            Realistically, How rough a runway can the F-22 handle? I would appreciate any advice from less than perfect grass runway pilots.
                            We just harvested pine on our farm and now I have tons of tree free open space, and I'm about to bring my old farm runway back into service. I Really, Really like this Raptor. My runway isn't totally level, but In the past I've had no issues taking off with .40 size glow planes.
                            If it ever stops raining, I'll try to get some measurements but I would guess its about 150' long with a slight down slope and maybe a dip or two. I have about 100 yds of open (Hay) field leading up to the runway and about 500+ yds beyond. I have a FW 64mm F-18 (hand launch, without gear) that I just started flying, so far I have no problems getting it on the runway.
                            I'll probably wait for the 8s to come back into stock to give me the extra power for a shorter takeoff.
                            I potentially have other spots to fly, but I really enjoy the ease and convenience of flying on my farm.

thanks,
                            David
                            I too have a small farm of 20 acres and I fly off grass with no problem. I would recommend cutting the grass as short as possible. I keep a pile of sand near my runway and every time I find a hole or depression I just fill it and level it off with a chunk of 2x4 and let the grass grow up through it.As to the length, 150' is kinda short but with all that area before and after you should be O.K. I haven't flown my Raptor yet but the A-10 has similar sized wheels and much more weight.

Comment

I too have a small farm of 20 acres and I fly off grass with no problem. I would recommend cutting the grass as short as possible. I keep a pile of sand near my runway and every time I find a hole or depression I just fill it and level it off with a chunk of 2x4 and let the grass grow up through it.As to the length, 150' is kinda short but with all that area before and after you should be O.K. I haven't flown my Raptor yet but the A-10 has similar sized wheels and much more weight.
                              It's always wise to get as much run as is available but the Raptor is really good at getting up and down.

Comment

• I fly off of, what I consider, a pretty rough hay field. I had to cut the landing gear springs down 8-9mm to get it to not bounce so bad while taxing. I also had an issue of the nose cone falling off. so I put a tad bit of Foam-Tac on it for that little issue. I have about 550' of runway, and LOVE having it. Especially on those overcast days, when the Raptor is hard to see on approach.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Lol, glad you made it back down safe and in one piece.

Comment

• Just got my F22. The foam has a lot of , well, they look like cracks but it’s just the skin has been stressed. I tried boiling water on a towel and pressing on the imperfections but it didn’t do anything. I imagine it will fly just fine but maybe there’s a way to get rid of those? My box obviously had a lot of abuse in transit and had even been repaired with tape and cardboard reinforcements so it’s probably stress marks. No real damage though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                                        Just got my F22. The foam has a lot of , well, they look like cracks but it’s just the skin has been stressed. I tried boiling water on a towel and pressing on the imperfections but it didn’t do anything. I imagine it will fly just fine but maybe there’s a way to get rid of those? My box obviously had a lot of abuse in transit and had even been repaired with tape and cardboard reinforcements so it’s probably stress marks. No real damage though.
                                        Take photos and submit a ticket to our support staff. We need documentation so we can go to our UPS rep and show the damage done in transit...I am not at liberty to say what will or will not come out of this particular case but by all means please create a support ticket so we can do whatever we can on your behalf.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• For anyone who was following my maiden crash on my F22 and the odd right elevator servo finding a new center... MotionRC has absolutely renewed my faith in their company. It was a long process to get here and I sent in those servos for inspection. At the end of the day, they believe that servo had a PCB failure causing what happened. New ARF+ should ship out today!

Comment

Working...
                                          X