First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome! Well done Motion. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
      For anyone who was following my maiden crash on my F22 and the odd right elevator servo finding a new center... MotionRC has absolutely renewed my faith in their company. It was a long process to get here and I sent in those servos for inspection. At the end of the day, they believe that servo had a PCB failure causing what happened. New ARF+ should ship out today!
      Not many (if any) other Companies would pony up like that. Well done Motion and well done JamesonC for following through with your issue.

Tom

PS: I was on the fence on the purchase of the 1600mm Corsair. Looks like I'll be ordering one soon.

Comment

• That's amazing news! I'm glad you're getting a new bird. Motion is with out a doubt "The Bar" when it comes to the RC industry. Proves also, perseverance does pay off...

Comment

For anyone who was following my maiden crash on my F22 and the odd right elevator servo finding a new center... MotionRC has absolutely renewed my faith in their company. It was a long process to get here and I sent in those servos for inspection. At the end of the day, they believe that servo had a PCB failure causing what happened. New ARF+ should ship out today!
          So happy to hear this Jameson!

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post

Not many (if any) other Companies would pony up like that. Well done Motion and well done JamesonC for following through with your issue.

Tom

PS: I was on the fence on the purchase of the 1600mm Corsair. Looks like I'll be ordering one soon.
            I won't go into the boring details of the whole process, but they really stepped up. Not just with a new model but with truly taking ownership of something and some impressive honesty from upper management! I could not have been more impressed by them when it was all said and done. I had really prepared myself for the worst through this and it was really nice to see the outcome end up different than I thought it was going to.

Now go order that Corsair! :corsair

Comment

• Great news! Although you deserve a lot of credit for your excellent process of elimination work which made it easy for us to deduce the issue. Nice job and enjoy that ARF +, I know I sure have been enjoying mine! :Cool:
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

James

Thank you for sharing the results with us..... that's great news. MRC has fantastic customer service! I have experienced this too and they will get my business in the future.
                Rich

Comment

Says a lot for them.

Comment

I won't go into the boring details of the whole process, but they really stepped up. Not just with a new model but with truly taking ownership of something and some impressive honesty from upper management! I could not have been more impressed by them when it was all said and done. I had really prepared myself for the worst through this and it was really nice to see the outcome end up different than I thought it was going to.

Now go order that Corsair! :corsair
                    Good for you James! Good for you.

Woody

Comment

I don't normally say I told you so...... Way to go MRC, and I'm happy it's resolved. :Cool:
                      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

I don't normally say I told you so...... Way to go MRC, and I'm happy it's resolved. :Cool:
                        Tom
                        I am happy to hear it in this case, bring it on!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                          Just got my F22. The foam has a lot of , well, they look like cracks but it’s just the skin has been stressed. I tried boiling water on a towel and pressing on the imperfections but it didn’t do anything. I imagine it will fly just fine but maybe there’s a way to get rid of those? My box obviously had a lot of abuse in transit and had even been repaired with tape and cardboard reinforcements so it’s probably stress marks. No real damage though.
                          I have a cheap vinyl applicator that gets those out. It’s basically a miniature rolling pin. It dulls and evens out the sharp edges of imperfections and dents. If I’m not satisfied I will cover the area with thin vinyl and paint it to match I can take a picture if you want.

Comment

• New jet sounds ordered. Just realized the Mr RC Sound module has a mini SD card slot and Motion has the cards in stock. Hoping the new sounds will be better than the generic jet sound that came with the module.

Comment

• I've found Motion RC to be very good with product issues. Just finished flight number 5 with my 8-cell Raptor. I'm using an Aura 8 gyro. Awesome! So much fun. Landing now down to "greasers" , I do land with power but it can really slow as it touches down. Fun!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaldendifer View Post
                                I've found Motion RC to be very good with product issues. Just finished flight number 5 with my 8-cell Raptor. I'm using an Aura 8 gyro. Awesome! So much fun. Landing now down to "greasers" , I do land with power but it can really slow as it touches down. Fun!!
                                Very cool!!! Glad you are onboard at the Squawk!!! Welcome!! Jerry

Comment

• Speaking of good product support, I came home from work last night to work on the Raptor, turned on the transmitter, plugged in the battery, and all of the port wing servos and nose stearing were inoperable when they had worked fine prior. Took the port wing off to check ribbon wire and many other things, even replaced the receiver with a new Admiral receiver I had gotten for the new Corsair. I finally deduced that it was a faulty blue box. Talked to product support, went over some things and they came up with the same conclusion. Replacement blue box is on the way. Motion RC comes through again!

Comment

• It is great to see them fixing issues, but it sure seems to be quite a few "little" issues on these birds. Not going to lie, makes me a little nervous...

Comment

• With the help of my friend I installed the RC Geek centerburner today. Had some issues at first...We couldn't figure out what the deal was. We added a Castle 10A BEC, routed it appropriately and for the longest time it would just flash intermittently. We kept trying to set the programming to a set throttle quadrant to no avail. Eventually we got it to work but it was reversed. Full throttle it was off. Idle throttle it was on, lol...

Eventually, we got it to work but neither of us know what in the heck we did to get it to work right. LOL

Did anyone else deal with those kinds of issues when installing? Just curious. I will be adding some aluminum tape to the exhaust next. The centerburner looks SWEET even in the middle of the day!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yeah, I just pressed the button on the control board when I wanted it to light. It took a minute or two, but not any more than that. What is powering it? The Castle? If so, what volts is it set to?

There is a thread specifically for the centerburner. The owner, Chris, will help you out.

Comment

• Excerpt from the Xicoy (the Spanish company selling the light controller) website:

Adjust of trip point: Power ON the TX and RX. Set the throttle position in the place where you want the light to switch “on”. Press the button on the controller. The controller will store the current position as trip point, over this will switch on the lights and below switch off. In the case that the function is inverse as desired, repeat the setup.

Comment

Working...
                                          X