X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
    That's exactly why I wanted the lights, to help with visual below the tree line especially on a overcast day.
    Boy you guys aren't kidding! On one of my flights last weekend on the approach it damn near disappered and all I could see was this little LED light (nose light)...Finally I could see the entire model but for a few seconds there I was pretty puckered!

:Scared:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Boy you guys aren't kidding! On one of my flights last weekend on the approach it damn near disappered and all I could see was this little LED light (nose light)...Finally I could see the entire model but for a few seconds there I was pretty puckered!

Unfortunately, scale camouflage paint schemes are the worst possible choice for us as pilots, really what we need is anti camo!;)

Comment

• Especially this time of year here in the PNW...Grey jets on grey cloudy days! Yikes!
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Good thing it doesn't have the stealth coating on the F-22. LOL

Tom

Comment

• I’ve had it happen twice on the F-22 as well. Thank god I had some altitude

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT AGAIN!!! FRACK!!!!!:Crying:!:Scared::Scared:DON'T LET IT BE TRUE!!!!:Scared::Scared:IT CAN'T BE!!!:Scared::Scared:OH............. O.K.... I GOT THIS.:Yawn:;)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT AGAIN!!! FRACK!!!!!:Crying:!:Scared::Scared:DON'T LET IT BE TRUE!!!!:Scared::Scared:IT CAN'T BE!!!:Scared::Scared:OH............. O.K.... I GOT THIS.:Yawn:;)
                My thoughts exactly :Whew:

Comment

• Pretty much! LOL
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Is there any word on when the Kit+ version will be back in stock?

Thanks in advance,

-Jorden

Comment

• Finally got the cockpit and opening canopy pretty much finished, with maybe a few more details to add. The printed parts Steve (RCjetdude) designed and printed for the canopy mechanism are awesome and sure made the project easier, and his design of the pivot is inspired, so huge thanks to him! I strayed from how Steve did his prototype in a couple of ways: The circular pivot arm was first glued to the canopy frame at a considerable angle that placed the pivot point a ways below the top of the fuse. This allowed access to mark the pivot point (with one plate in position) and also permits the use of a removable hinge pin. With the pin pulled the frame/pivot assembly can be removed and I found having the ability to do this a huge benefit during the project, as it will also be in the future. The servo rod is attached to the canopy frame arm with a plastic clevis which is easy enough to remove with the canopy in place. The servo is secured with a zip-tie and a single rare earth magnet is used at the front with an adjustable screw below it.
                      Moving on to the cockpit, the backlit diplays are crazy bright, bathing the pilot in a ghostly green glow but it'll usually be seen in bright sunlight so I thought what the hell.
                      Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the outcomeThanks Alpha and Motion for the canopy frame file and excellent printed cockpit parts and again to Steve for his brilliant mechanism!
                      FW F-22 opening canopy mod, mechanism designed and printed by Steve Hodges (RCjetdude).

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                        Finally got the cockpit and opening canopy pretty much finished, with maybe a few more details to add. The printed parts Steve (RCjetdude) designed and printed for the canopy mechanism are awesome and sure made the project easier, and his design of the pivot is inspired, so huge thanks to him! I strayed from how Steve did his prototype in a couple of ways: The circular pivot arm was first glued to the canopy frame at a considerable angle that placed the pivot point a ways below the top of the fuse. This allowed access to mark the pivot point (with one plate in position) and also permits the use of a removable hinge pin. With the pin pulled the frame/pivot assembly can be removed and I found having the ability to do this a huge benefit during the project, as it will also be in the future. The servo rod is attached to the canopy frame arm with a plastic clevis which is easy enough to remove with the canopy in place. The servo is secured with a zip-tie and a single rare earth magnet is used at the front with an adjustable screw below it.
                        Moving on to the cockpit, the backlit diplays are crazy bright, bathing the pilot in a ghostly green glow but it'll usually be seen in bright sunlight so I thought what the hell.
                        Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the outcomeThanks Alpha and Motion for the canopy frame file and excellent printed cockpit parts and again to Steve for his brilliant mechanism!
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T6F...ature=youtu.be
                        Tom
                        Awesome job Tom!! If I didn't already have mine mostly done, I would have used your idea with the removable pin.....major pain to find the sweet spot for the pivot point. I too used the plastic clevis instead of the supplied one and just used a servo connector rod cut to the right length instead of the all thread. What material did you use for the heads up display and was it clear or green? Love the backlit displays...will probably go with a smaller led. Single magnet with adjustable screw is also a bit of genius. Once again you hit it out of the park.

Comment

• Looks fantastic Tom. Very nicely executed. The backlit display looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                            Finally got the cockpit and opening canopy pretty much finished, with maybe a few more details to add. The printed parts Steve (RCjetdude) designed and printed for the canopy mechanism are awesome and sure made the project easier, and his design of the pivot is inspired, so huge thanks to him! I strayed from how Steve did his prototype in a couple of ways: The circular pivot arm was first glued to the canopy frame at a considerable angle that placed the pivot point a ways below the top of the fuse. This allowed access to mark the pivot point (with one plate in position) and also permits the use of a removable hinge pin. With the pin pulled the frame/pivot assembly can be removed and I found having the ability to do this a huge benefit during the project, as it will also be in the future. The servo rod is attached to the canopy frame arm with a plastic clevis which is easy enough to remove with the canopy in place. The servo is secured with a zip-tie and a single rare earth magnet is used at the front with an adjustable screw below it.

Tom
                            That looks awesome..... thank you for sharing your experience, such nice work.
                            Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                              Is there any word on when the Kit+ version will be back in stock?

Thanks in advance,

-Jorden
                              They never say, the best thing you can do is sign up for email notification showing when it's back in stock

Comment

• Beautiful job Tom! Love that light up display!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                                  Is there any word on when the Kit+ version will be back in stock?

Thanks in advance,

-Jorden
                                  I am wondering the same. They seem to have quite a few things out of stock right now so surely there is a shipment coming soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I am wondering the same. They seem to have quite a few things out of stock right now so surely there is a shipment coming soon.
                                    Shipments are coming in a few weeks. We are in the middle of Chinese New year, there are boats on the water for sure that left before the factory closed, but these are the dog days of RC

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Shipments are coming in a few weeks. We are in the middle of Chinese New year, there are boats on the water for sure that left before the factory closed, but these are the dog days of RC
                                      Thanks James!

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

This too shall pass.

Mike
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                          You know, when I dumb thumb a plane, I can deal with that. When I had problems with my DX6 and watched planes lawn dart under no control, I can deal with that. When a motor or ESC makes magic smoke, I can deal with that. I can handle all those things because I know what happened and it is part of it and carry on. I, however, HATE and cannot handle what happened on my F22 "maiden" yesterday.

Calm day, hardly any wind, great field. Conditions were about perfect. My buddy just got done with his 6S F22 maiden and I was ready to maiden my 8s one. Rollout was great, rotated and started a slow climb out when it suddenly for unknown reasons rolled right all the way to inverted. I pulled the power back and rolled it back over and by this time I was pointing 90 degrees to the right from the direction I took off. Decided to abort the whole deal and just set it back down. Pulled some more power and pointed the nose down to get it back down. About 10 ft off the ground it suddenly rolled right again completely inverted and lawn darted in. Damage is just a canopy and fuse and I am sure by the time the parts are back in stock, I will have calmed down enough about it put it back together.

Unknown cause crashes drive me crazy. I maidened another plane after that and thankfully it went well. Also got a few more flights on my 90mm Super Scorpion that I have been dying to fly lately. But, stuff like that will really put a damper on the day! Just wish I knew what in the world happened. I didn't try to rotate early at all and did not try to climb out crazy, just a long smooth rollout to a very conservative climb. Completely baffled but nothing to do besides wait for some parts and go from there. I thought about buying an ARF to make it easier but dang after that price increase, it just more than I can justify.
                                          Well, here is some follow up to my maiden crash. After buying a new servo tester and letting enough time go by to try to start investigating what happened, last night I pulled it out and started. Did not take but a minute to see something was way off. While going through the "sweep" function, it was obvious the elevators weren't in sync. The first time, I tried it after the blue box, the second time, I did them before the blue box and got the same result. When centering them with the tester, they were also off from one another. I scratched my head staring at it for 10 minutes and then decided to plug in a lipo and see what it did with the tx on. The picture below is what it now looks like with the elevators at neutral on the tx. Let me say, I set this plane up exactly per the manual and we all know how much conversation there was about the elevator neutral point so I spent a bit of time making sure both were right. Before the maiden, myself and another went over it a few more times checking throws and looking everything over. There is exactly a 0.0% chance this plane rolled down the runway away from me with the elevators looking like this. So, whatever caused this is why it rolled right twice shortly after takeoff. My question is what the heck happened. I am truly stumped!! :Thinking:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X