Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad rx!!! My fault...???? thanks for the reply!!!!

Comment

• Naw, I don't make cookies but I sure like to eat them! Lol!????

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post

Easiest route is to plug the nose steering into an extra channel on your RX and set up a mix to operate it. For the switch that activates the mix, use your retract switch in the down position.
        I will try this..... im guessing the mix can be setup to only activate in the gear up position-

naturally, i dont want the wheel to move when retracted....

hooefully this works with my Dx6i. Im going to try this tonight.

really trying to not upgrade to the Dx8 but its getting challenging lately haha

really wondering why the nosewheel doesnt just function as it should when wired into the blue box tho - oh well

Comment

• Here’s a really cool up close in flight perspective of my F22 Raptor being chased and recorded by a drone with a GoPro camera (F16 also). https://youtu.be/kIb0xnbVq3E

This raptor has the afterburner LED lights, a Mikado Neo gyro with full in flight telemetry with a 130 amp Scorpion Tribunus ESC. The flight timer is based on the battery mAh usage. So you can set your timer to tell you to land when you used up a certain % of your battery. Very accurate as you can see the after flight telemetry on the Mikado VControl Touch radio. Actual in flight was 3.5 minutes with a couple minutes idle testing controls and motor.

Luis Click image for larger version

Name:	C9858F54-6C8E-47B1-995B-424B04DCA005.jpeg
Views:	1159
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	185087

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post

I will try this..... im guessing the mix can be setup to only activate in the gear up position-

really wondering why the nosewheel doesnt just function as it should when wired into the blue box tho - oh well
            But do you have an "extra" channel? The F-22 is a 6-ch plane ............... Thr, AIL, ELE, RUD, gear, flap.

PS, nose gear usually have a slider that the steering rod slides on when the gear is retracted. It doesn't harm anything if the rod moves. Unless you have a misalignment, the wheel won't move.

Comment

• Very cool views Luisito! :Cool: :Cool:
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post

Mine was worse. When I deployed/extended gear not only did the nose steering not work, the rudders also ceased to function.
                I would offer to send you my DX-18 setup file but with you using a 6 channel radio I don't think you will be able to get it to work since all 6 channels are already needed for flight functions.
                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• [QUOTE=Luisito;n185086]Here’s a really cool up close in flight perspective of my F22 Raptor being chased and recorded by a drone with a GoPro camera (F16 also). https://youtu.be/kIb0xnbVq3E
                  QUOTE]

Enjoyed your drone video of the F22. Looks so nice in the air!

Thanks for sharing
                  Rich

Comment

• Asking for a friend who's looking to pull the trigger on this one. . What's the general consensus on the 8S is it worth the weight penalty or just get the 6s? I've looked over the specs but would like some end user input.
                    Thanks
                    Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                      Asking for a friend who's looking to pull the trigger on this one. . What's the general consensus on the 8S is it worth the weight penalty or just get the 6s? I've looked over the specs but would like some end user input.
                      Thanks
                      Mike
                      My personal view is to get the six and if you want to go to someone like Efflux and get an upgraded motor and better fan. It increased flying time for me by over a minute and the fellow flying it said there was a noticable increase in power. Radar gun indicated an increase in speed of 6 to 7 mph.

Comment

• Agree, these 6S versions are very nice. Only the most Speed Demon among us would still desire a more robust power system. For me personally these 6S versions (F4, F-22, etc) are plenty punchy enough for my taste.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My F-4 has a JF 8S setup... my F-22 has a JF 8S. I flew the Raptor on stock 6S first and it was okay. I wanted more power for 3D and since I have a number of 8S setups just did one more. The only other 8S EDF I have is my Avanti. I put higher power XRP 70 setups in all my 70’s though...

Comment

• Thanks for the input.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                              Thanks for the input.

Mike
                              I bought my F-22 as ARF + and installed a mild JF 90 in it. (700-68-1500 HET inrunner). Later I bought a 6s (new take out) from Mikeee on RC Groups to try it out. Only took two flights to have me reinstalling my 8s setup.
                              I like it for the longer flight times and it still has more power than the stock 6s. I shot this one using my SoloShot a couple of weekends ago (8s) and the video actually came out pretty good for a change

Comment

• Hey Bill, gotta say I love your flying style. I fly the same with a scale plane. Easy turns and manuevers just add to the realism of the F 22. If you're flying a Lazer or whatever, go ahead and fly 3D but if your going to the trouble of building a "scale" plane, fly it scale. I'm of the school of thought that if it's a cropduster, fly it like a crop duster. If it's a dive bomber....and so on. Your SoloShot works pretty cool too.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  Hey Bill, gotta say I love your flying style. I fly the same with a scale plane. Easy turns and manuevers just add to the realism of the F 22. If you're flying a Lazer or whatever, go ahead and fly 3D but if your going to the trouble of building a "scale" plane, fly it scale. I'm of the school of thought that if it's a cropduster, fly it like a crop duster. If it's a dive bomber....and so on. Your SoloShot works pretty cool too.:Cool:
                                  +1

Yup, yup, I love flying my scale stuff, well, scale! Just adds to my enjoyment and the sensation of flying the model like the 1:1. Looks great too...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Luisito View Post
                                    Here’s a really cool up close in flight perspective of my F22 Raptor being chased and recorded by a drone with a GoPro camera (F16 also). https://youtu.be/kIb0xnbVq3E

This raptor has the afterburner LED lights, a Mikado Neo gyro with full in flight telemetry with a 130 amp Scorpion Tribunus ESC. The flight timer is based on the battery mAh usage. So you can set your timer to tell you to land when you used up a certain % of your battery. Very accurate as you can see the after flight telemetry on the Mikado VControl Touch radio. Actual in flight was 3.5 minutes with a couple minutes idle testing controls and motor.

Luis Click image for larger version  Name:	C9858F54-6C8E-47B1-995B-424B04DCA005.jpeg Views:	154 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	185087
                                    Outstanding video and great technical information. Very nice

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                      Hey Bill, gotta say I love your flying style. I fly the same with a scale plane. Easy turns and manuevers just add to the realism of the F 22. If you're flying a Lazer or whatever, go ahead and fly 3D but if your going to the trouble of building a "scale" plane, fly it scale. I'm of the school of thought that if it's a cropduster, fly it like a crop duster. If it's a dive bomber....and so on. Your SoloShot works pretty cool too.:Cool:
                                      Thanks. The SoloShot is kind of a crap shoot as far as video quality goes..Some days it does well, others I refer to it as my ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) camera man. Seems to depend on available GPS satellites (I guess) That particular video was the best of 3 shot with it that day.On a heavy overcast day it's pretty much a waste of time to even try. Even if the tracking is decent, the auto focus (that can't be disabled) results in considerably less than crisp images.

Comment

• Finally to the point of doing the final balancing of the jet today and realized I'm not sure if the 150mm reference is meant to be with gear up or down. It makes quite a difference, especially if using the heavy F-16 nose wheel. Thoughts?
                                        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                                          Finally to the point of doing the final balancing of the jet today and realized I'm not sure if the 150mm reference is meant to be with gear up or down. It makes quite a difference, especially if using the heavy F-16 nose wheel. Thoughts?
                                          Tom
                                          Gear down is as tail heavy as it will get. That's how I do it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X