Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the ugliest plane I ever loved ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Don't agree that the wing scraping issue is due to the "knuckles" but rather is a result of the narrow stance of the main gear, and I'll bet the new F-18 is going to be much the same. Just the nature of the beast(s).
      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
        Just buy a new wing!LOLLOLLOLSeriously, I'll just pull the wires up through the filler, replace the servo, and repatch and paint. Outside of drying time for paint and filler, I only spent about an hour and a half doing it. The tape just wasn't doing it for me and I've had issues with it curling up on edges over time. Using the patch plus primer made all the difference.:Cool:
        Brad, I think you've done a great job- looks awesome! As you said, the wires can still be pulled out of there if need be so why not use filler? (I used tape but I'm lazy!) As for the spar slots I just discovered that some plastic strip I had lying around is a press fit . It wasn't in a package but this should be it: https://evergreenscalemodels.com/collections/14-white-polystrene-strips/products/177-100-x-156 I glued 'em in, bit of paint and now scarcely noticeable.
        Devil is in the details, right?
        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
          Don't agree that the wing scraping issue is due to the "knuckles" but rather is a result of the narrow stance of the main gear, and I'll bet the new F-18 is going to be much the same. Just the nature of the beast(s).
          Tom

Ok,... Let's go with that !!! Hahahahaha

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=tMIcvcXibO4

Comment

Brad, I think you've done a great job- looks awesome! As you said, the wires can still be pulled out of there if need be so why not use filler? (I used tape but I'm lazy!) As for the spar slots I just discovered that some plastic strip I had lying around is a press fit . It wasn't in a package but this should be it: https://evergreenscalemodels.com/collections/14-white-polystrene-strips/products/177-100-x-156 I glued 'em in, bit of paint and now scarcely noticeable.
            Tom

I'd just cut the Wires and Splice in a new Servo on something like this !! No need to Dig it all up really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Where does it sit in your 'Favorites' queue Hard ?? Mine is low in the queue, it just keeps getting moved around while I work on other stuff !!!! Ha, I just pulled a LX F-117 out of the box that's been sitting in a closet over here for like,... x8 years and I think that one's gonna Beat this F-22 into the Air !!! Hahahahaha. What am I missing here ?? Help me understand .... I'm just not into this one...I really believe it's the 'Canopy'.... I just can't get 'Past it' on this one. I'll get the Jet painted Dark Metallic Grey easily enough...but that Canopy is the real ShowStopper. I'm sure of it.

Now, I don't fly 'SportJets' nor do I fly Scale Jets like 'SportJets'. I've perfected my 'Raptor Flight Demo' years ago with the SkyAngel 50mm so ....its it's not about that. I know this one Flies Great !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190407_095915.jpg Views:	24 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	188755
              Well, that is a complicated answer for a simple question!!! LOL I was just not all "fired up" when it was released, but since I had never owned one nor piloted one, I figured why not? Mine is basically stock. I does have a CC 20amp BEC and a A3-L gyro. I added a few LEDS, and painted the rudder servos. But for a 90mm EDF, it just handles much more like a very light wing-loaded airframe. I get about 4m out of an Admiral 5000 50C, and it will do some really slow flight, good high alpha, and it is about 100, maybe 105 flat and level at 1000 AGL here... I have almost all of the Freewing jets, and this ranks right up at the top of just a relaxing, smooth, fun bird to fly....

Same with the L-39. Have to do a repaint later, but it is very easy to see and it flies almost as good as the F-22, but not quite. You can't slow the L-39 down as much, but I like to fly fast anyway. :Cool: And, I don't do sport jets either!!! ;)

Comment

• BTW, I would love to do the F-117 too. LX has a good airframe overall, but just put your own guts in it and kick the tires and light the fires..... :Scared::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                  Field
                  Just a great effort!!! I like it more every time I see it!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• One comparison to the F-22: I love the scale details on the T-45. I fly it very scale and have never had a bad or bounced landing. I did bolter her one day, one time... Dang near ran out of battery on that one on a long go around, and I had the timer set at 3:00. :Sick2: But just the flying workload on it compared to the F-22 is night and day for me. I know the slats and airbrakes are extra, but even just setting up a high speed, low level pass takes a lot more out of you than the Raptor..... :Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Ok,... Let's go with that !!! Hahahahaha

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=tMIcvcXibO4
                      Hadn't seen that but difficult to argue with- guess I'm wrong! Hey, do the "H" and "A" on your keyboard wear out prematurely?
                      Tom

Comment

Hadn't seen that but difficult to argue with- guess I'm wrong! Hey, do the "H" and "A" on your keyboard wear out prematurely?
                        Tom

​​​​​They see a heck of a lot more 'Action' than all of the other keys while on this Forum (and over on the RCGroups) than everywhere else, That's FerSher !!! Hahahahaha Cheers !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          BTW, I would love to do the F-117 too. LX has a good airframe overall, but just put your own guts in it and kick the tires and light the fires..... :Scared::Cool:
                          I hear ya !! I miss 'Dropping Stuff'. I miss the 'BombDrop' or having the Tanks Jettisoning off of my stuff. Heck, I even put the 'Bombs' on old GeeBee's !! I fly a really Deep Flight Profile with the Biggin's around here. I'll send them a Half-Mile Downrange and maneuver around down there for a while and by then, it's time to bring it back for landing. In a typical 3:20 flight, it'll be distant nearly the whole time and only pass Overhead or Out front once,... maybe twice. Soooooooooo, the application of a Drop kind of lost it's place with the Big Heavy EPOJets around here. But I'm planning on bringing it back !!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170518_111832.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	188788

The Raptor is getting a DropKit installed, along with some GBU-10's with Operational Fins or DragPanels !!! That'll bring some 'Joy' into this equation. YaThink ?? Cheers

Name:	FA-22A-Ext-AMRAAM-S.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	188789

Name:	6956850585_dbfe9fc02f_b.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	188790

Comment

• I flew my Raptor this afternoon along with another plane and I must say that to me there isn't anything that flies as well as the Raptor.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post
                              I flew my Raptor this afternoon along with another plane and I must say that to me there isn't anything that flies as well as the Raptor.
                              Really? so the Rappy flies that good, I guess I will find out next weekend if I get mine by Friday. Looking forward to getting it and sharing my thoughts on it....:Cool:

Comment

Tom
                                Hey Tom,thanks for the kind words. Since I posted that response I realized what I would more likely do if a servo failed is clip the wires at the servo and solder on a connector to the clipped end of the wire and then solder on a connector to the new servo about an inch or two out from the servo case to avoid pulling out all the wire. I would rather that servos came that way in the first place. Whether servo wire channel is taped or filled and painted, it would be much easier to have a connection right at the servo. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Really? so the Rappy flies that good, I guess I will find out next weekend if I get mine by Friday. Looking forward to getting it and sharing my thoughts on it....:Cool:
                                  I have quite a few planes and to me I enjoy the Raptor as well or better than any. One of the keys for me is to have the cg exactly right on and to make sure it is trimmed properly. Trim can vary some from what is recommended, particularly the elevator. When trimmed properly you can really tell by the way it flies, I have the six axis gyros on both my Raptors.

Comment

• What is the exact cg ? Whith gear up or down ? Thanks

Comment

• Wanted to do something different just finished my custom painted F22 and she is powered by a K30 turbine oh yeah
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hey yf22rapter, very cool! I could see that turbine sticking out the back. Hope the heat isn't a factor.:Cool:Those must be cooling vents between the outer wing panels and the main fuselage.;)LOL

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20190408_172149.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	189101 O.K. different subject. Just got around to balancing the Raptor and found that the battery(Admiral 5000) had to be pushed so far back to balance that it's out of strap range.:Thinking: Has anybody else had this issue? It's easy enough to cut new slots and move the strap aft but I'm just wondering if I missed something. Forgive all the loose wires as I haven't got everything like the operable canopy wiring and lit instrument panel sorted out yet. Those wires have to be extra long so I can pull the hatch back a ways for battery changing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X