X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post

Cool dude! Below is a video of mine converted to Turbine With an X-45 (10lb thrust). She flies perfect!
    Nice, man . Dan did the same thing with his. He used the single pipe through the center as well instead a bifurcation set-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdseed View Post
      I’ve a couple of questions..
      I’ve a 6s F22 but have just ordered the 8s F22...what size and more importantly weight of packs are people using?

Secondly, Scale Master, what did you do to the rear end of your F22? I’ve a xicoy 45 I was going to put in my F22 which originally had the 6s fan. I’ve a grumania single pipe. But it looks you’ve removed the entire foam rear end and replaced the area with metal. Is that correct? Some more pics of what you’ve done would be great.
      Roughly 1150g worth of LiPo packs appears to be close to the upper limit on the 8S PNP jet to still allow for ease of achieving the CG. Of course this also depends also on the shape on your packs. At that weight, mine are about as far aft as they can go against the foam.

There is a good thread in the RCuniverse forum that has some F-22 conversations and other foam aircraft using the X45 or K45.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...t-x45-k45.html

Comment

• Oops, sorry I grabbed the wrong quote T Cat, I intended to reply to the same post you quoted.

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Roughly 1150g worth of LiPo packs appears to be close to the upper limit on the 8S PNP jet to still allow for ease of achieving the CG. Of course this also depends also on the shape on your packs. At that weight, mine are about as far aft as they can go against the foam.

There is a good thread in the RCuniverse forum that has some F-22 conversations and other foam aircraft using the X45 or K45.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...t-x45-k45.html
        If you remove the ply tray and stack the lipos you can get 1250g of lipo in there if no more than 88mm total height. Using the supplied rubber mesh matting and not velcro helps. Bottom pack sits against the foam bridge at rear of ply tray and the top moves for CG. 400mm strap and rubber mat between. I made the new tray from the stock tray and foam tac'd it to the fuse floor after dremelling a channel for the velcro strap.
        Admittedly, this is with a schubeler DS51 fitted back there but I think the stock 8S setup is a similar weight.

Comment

• No problem!

Comment

• I saw on the topic Mig29 that Alpha said will be available on motion some kits for thrust vector inclusiv for F22. Am i wrong? On the other hand the cone from behind the EDF that is replaced by the lightburner kit, will affect in that case the exit air flow? I ask you because i saw some people who made some modification from enter air flow..
            Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• I think what Alpha said was that the reason they're working on a TV kit for the Mig-29 is that a lot of modelers really want it, and they wished Freewing had done the same for the F-22. I don't think there's a TV kit in the works for the F-22.
              Pat

Comment

• i have to put again the question: the cone from behind the EDF that is replaced by the light burner kit, will affect in that case the exit air flow? I ask you because i saw some people who made some modification from admission air flow..
                Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Oachidori View Post
                  i have to put again the question: the cone from behind the EDF that is replaced by the light burner kit, will affect in that case the exit air flow? I ask you because i saw some people who made some modification from admission air flow..
                  Hello Oachidori , anything inside the duct behind the motor will affect the airflow. If the LED system is designed properly, the negative affect on airflow should be minimal. Still, it is a good idea to be prepared to fly with a higher throttle setting after you install an LED system. Reduce your flight timer by ~30 seconds, land, measure your battery, and then gradually increase your flight time back to what it was before the LED system installation. Eventually, with practice and throttle management, you should be able to enjoy the LED system without a second thought.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hello Oachidori , anything inside the duct behind the motor will affect the airflow. If the LED system is designed properly, the negative affect on airflow should be minimal. Still, it is a good idea to be prepared to fly with a higher throttle setting after you install an LED system. Reduce your flight timer by ~30 seconds, land, measure your battery, and then gradually increase your flight time back to what it was before the LED system installation. Eventually, with practice and throttle management, you should be able to enjoy the LED system without a second thought.
                    Thanks fot the answer. Anyway i will make the maiden as out off the box, i still wait the batteries and my voltage sensor to have all the info during flight. On the other side i saw on this topic some people has been some modifications around the principal tube for the wing, saying this affect somehow the flow. Is that so important?

Comment

• It helps minimally. I am flying without the main spar shroud.

Originally posted by Oachidori View Post

Thanks fot the answer. Anyway i will make the maiden as out off the box, i still wait the batteries and my voltage sensor to have all the info during flight. On the other side i saw on this topic some people has been some modifications around the principal tube for the wing, saying this affect somehow the flow. Is that so important?

Comment

• Tks Evan, I made today some mix for my plane like in the pictures. It is almost like yours but for the crow without rudder, no ch on my actual receiver, but i guess will be no problem. It is the correct setup for the elevators? In my opinion seems too much. On the other hand, Evan, can you tell me what values do you have to your mixes? I 'm interested about how much elevator do you have for the full flaps? and for the crow too.
                        I made these mixes: take off, flaps 40% and all surfaces at 50% travel; normal flight 90% expo 90%; and if the throttle>50% all the travel are reduced automat at 50% (in my mind at full speed i don t need much travel)..landing flaps 65%.Aftter my batteries will arrive i have to make the cg and after that the maiden.
                        I will keep informed!! :)
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry I really can’t look at this point.

Comment

• I purchased three of them I think Alpha should start his new project to create new F22 as big as Mig29 with two EDF units.
                            Many pilots are happy with 90mm but they talk about bigger version with more details. Please consider that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              I purchased three of them I think Alpha should start his new project to create new F22 as big as Mig29 with two EDF units.
                              Many pilots are happy with 90mm but they talk about bigger version with more details. Please consider that.
                              Yes maybe two 80 mm and of course with TV from the factory..

Comment

I purchased three of them I think Alpha should start his new project to create new F22 as big as Mig29 with two EDF units.
                                It has been talked about many time on the forums about how much it costs just for the molds and changing and or making it bigger would be costly and if there is a small niche for it then they are taking a loss. I like bigger planes now myself moving into the 1600mm+ realm too but we are not many for when you go bigger you go into one or two planes or need a trailer which I have and it tends to get cumbersome to pull it out for that evening flying for an hour or two.
                                AMA 424553

Comment

• Doesn't make a lot of sense to cannibalise the existing 90mm for a slightly larger version, when the alternative is to release something completely different that doesn't directly compete with an existing model.

Comment

• The F-22 is good and should be left as is. Maybe a factory designed TV set up like Alpha is doing for the MiG but that's about it.

Comment

The Freewing 90mm is perfect IMHO... Great size, characteristics, and power potential.

Remember, great designs are all about balance and simply adding size and power will only hinder the maneuverability and agility in the air.

Sometimes simple is better and SURELY in the case of sound and performance between a proper single vs a twin setup if you have the option.

I built and modified mine purely for sound and you won't find a better sounding FW90 Raptor on the planet ha!

Watch this video and see what this baby can do with the right mods 😉😎

Comment

• I have the FW 1835kv HET motor in mine now and I don't really feel the F-22 is lacking much in performance with a single 90mm, even on 6S.

It's not particularly fast at ~110 mph, but in every other dimension it's one of my best performers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
                                          I have the FW 1835kv HET motor in mine now and I don't really feel the F-22 is lacking much in performance with a single 90mm, even on 6S.

It's not particularly fast at ~110 mph, but in every other dimension it's one of my best performers.
                                          Is that the powerplant from the high performance F15?

Comment

Working...
                                          X