X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Hi, did you check postage from Hongkong? This is my source when parts aren‘t available in Europe.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=8019
    Hi,
    yes normally it’s quicker to get parts from rx-castle as no one stocks spares in Aus as far as I’m aware. If I get them from rx castle is a 45 - 60 day wait so am hoping to find what bearing size it is.

cheers

Comment

• Okay, well, after over year of waiting to get this jet and spending $600, I feel the need to contact customer service. I've had some "interesting" luck lately with Freewing's quality control right out of the box. Unfortunately, this F-22 was no exception. I'm willing to overlook some of it, but not all of it. I don't want to send the plane back because it's a pain to do, so I would rather receive parts or credit so I can order parts. I'm a big Freewing, as many of us here are, so I dislike coming off like I'm complaining when they are legitimate issues with the jet. It's best to call out quality control issues when I see them.

Here is a list of what I'm experiencing:

- Dents/dings/wrinkles in the foam. I get it, it's foam, but getting some wrinkles just ruins the look of a new aircraft.
      - Mediocre soft metal screws. I had one elevator/stabilator collar screws snap when tightening (I was using a properly sized driver and not using excessive torque). This is shown in the picture below.
      - Servos that center poorly. All of them, which is unusual.
      - Very little glue on the canopy causing lifting in many spots (I had a feeling that would happen from others experiences receiving the F-22)
      - A cockpit hatch that fits atrociously and way too wide for the fuselage. The pictures below easily show this. The right side is especially terrible fitment.
      - A very jittery nose door servo that constantly moves through its range of motion quickly, and is getting much to warm to the touch for my liking. I'm going to cycle it tomorrow to see if it's on the verge of failure.
      o that will likely need to be changed to a new servo.
      - A rudder that is about 1mm too long at the trailing edge so it completely stops on the main portion of the vertical stabilizer and won't move left to right (required some slicing of the bottom of the rudder for free movement).

Hopefully customer service can help out with some parts.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Thank you sir, thank you very much!
        I was measuring from the top as I read that somewhere but seen conflicting info. Probably still be flyable that way but I would rather not. Thanks again...
        hey thanks everyone for posting about neutral position , i was just getting ready to setup and i happen to see these post ,,,, made things clear !!! hopefully i will get it right the first time !!! take care

Comment

• hi , couple quick questions ...

1-does the black lead to the BEC look like it is connected ok to the blue connector ? this look normal ? please see picture..

2- the stock BEC that came with the F-22 is 8amp BEC ,,,, i see some post about replacing the stock BEC with a CC BEC 20amp -- is this recommended much ? are many having issues with the stock 8 amp BEC ?

thanks for looking

Comment

• Originally posted by rcfun View Post
            hi , couple quick questions ...

1-does the black lead to the BEC look like it is connected ok to the blue connector ? this look normal ? please see picture..
            Pic is kinda small and hard to see inside the soldered area. The pin can be pushed out of the connector housing if you want to take a closer look at the solder joint. But since the pins are soldered up before they are inserted into the housing, I'd say it's connected well. Just looks like they stripped off too much insulation before soldering.

Originally posted by rcfun View Post
            2- the stock BEC that came with the F-22 is 8amp BEC ,,,, i see some post about replacing the stock BEC with a CC BEC 20amp -- is this recommended much ? are many having issues with the stock 8 amp BEC ?
            The stock UBEC works fine. Some people just like to replace it with something like the CC20 for peace of mind. I've never had any issues with the stock UBEC in any of my Freewing jets.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Pic is kinda small and hard to see inside the soldered area. The pin can be pushed out of the connector housing if you want to take a closer look at the solder joint. But since the pins are soldered up before they are inserted into the housing, I'd say it's connected well. Just looks like they stripped off too much insulation before soldering.

The stock UBEC works fine. Some people just like to replace it with something like the CC20 for peace of mind. I've never had any issues with the stock UBEC in any of my Freewing jets.

Hey Pat ,

thanks for all the good info ,,,, i will just keep on going and hopefully maiden my F-22 later today !!

i noticed your very active in the RC world ,,,, for me this hobby is really the only break i get from too much work ,,, hope you get to enjoy it also ...

thanks, joe

Comment

• Joe,

I've been flying RC since 12/26/2005, so coming up on 15 years now. Have flown only electric until last year when I got into turbines (I just love my jets!). I'm fortunate to have a good paying steady job that allows me the expenditure needed for turbines. But I still love my foamies too!
                Pat

Comment

• Hey Pat,
                  I just love those jets too !!! In fact that’s why I jumped back in hobby after seeing turbine jet fly!!

hey what radio are you using ?

I have old spectrum DX18 version1 , which does all programming I need , but I would really like more telemetry features On new radio like Jeti for example.

trying to decide when to make a change and learn new radio system.

PS: i maiden F22 last night , only one flight right before dark, I had some trim issues To deal with and then had to land before I could cut loose . But the rush landing was smooth !!! Thanks for building tips.

take care, Joe

Comment

• Joe,

I use a Graupner MZ-24 Pro (12-ch radio), but recently purchased an MZ-16 (16-ch radio) to replace it as there are some jets (like the Yellow F-22 I'm building) that will need more than 12 channels.
                    Pat

Comment

Hey Pat,
                      I just love those jets too !!! In fact that’s why I jumped back in hobby after seeing turbine jet fly!!

hey what radio are you using ?

I have old spectrum DX18 version1 , which does all programming I need , but I would really like more telemetry features On new radio like Jeti for example.

trying to decide when to make a change and learn new radio system.

PS: i maiden F22 last night , only one flight right before dark, I had some trim issues To deal with and then had to land before I could cut loose . But the rush landing was smooth !!! Thanks for building tips.

take care, Joe
                      i made the switch from Spektrum to Jeti about 4 years ago now and don’t regret it.
                      I’ve got a DS-16 with 24 channels. The best bit for me is it telemetry. Loads of options for electric and turbine jets
                      it will even monitor batteries- tell you if you plugged in a non fully charge battery.
                      I still have a spektrum radio but that’s for UMX stuff now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

i made the switch from Spektrum to Jeti about 4 years ago now and don’t regret it.
                        I’ve got a DS-16 with 24 channels. The best bit for me is it telemetry. Loads of options for electric and turbine jets
                        it will even monitor batteries- tell you if you plugged in a non fully charge battery.
                        Amen Brother! Love my DS-16..... BMW of radios !
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• What do I do with more than enough time, and also while waiting on some parts? I mix movies and characters into one model jet, ha-ha. The Transformers Starscream on the top side and Ironman on the botton.

I still need to weather, rivet, etc., but that shouldn't take too long. After adding a 45mm nose wheel, it also changes the look of the front significantly for the better. I wasn't liking the Monster Truck look with the Avanti front wheel on there as it comes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200610_171446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.9 KB ID:	259261Click image for larger version  Name:	20200610_171503.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	259262

Comment

telemetry is reason for me to switch also,

so what forum do you recommend to catch up on Jeti radio features to decide which model to purchase ?

thanks, Joe

Comment

• Another vote for Jeti. I've enjoyed their radio and receivers (although I've only owned their REX Assist gyro receivers), and have been happy so far with the features and functionality.

I would recommend going to the RCgroups for the Jeti thread in the Radio section for information.

Comment

• RC Groups for information and esprit tech on youtube for video tutorials, REX Assist receivers are excellent and very easy to set up.
                                Also if you like programming and mixes etc, you'll love jeti. If you can think of it you can program it and jeti will do it.

Comment

RC Groups for information and esprit tech on youtube for video tutorials, REX Assist receivers are excellent and very easy to set up.
                                  Also if you like programming and mixes etc, you'll love jeti. If you can think of it you can program it and jeti will do it.

cool , TKS for heads up , I fly edf and turbine jets , for me looking for real time battery energy or fuel remaining while flying to get longest possible flights telemetry !!

when I purchased rc motion f22 90mm, the tech on phone recomended the 6s 4000ma battery , which I purchased, flies great but very short flights

so I am thinking with right programming and telemetry Jeti radio can get me bingo notification time to land with out constantly getting voltage readings .

i will ck out resources you recommend, TKS again..joe

Comment

• F22 90mm 6s,

question on batteries, my maiden and shake down flight s , been with 4000ma batteries,

I found my older set of 6000ma batteries, if I CG the same , think I will notice heavier battery much on the F22? ( landing or stalling speed)

Take care , joe

Comment

• First the mAh does not directly translate to weight. The F-22 is one of the most forgiving planes as far as weight is concerned. But you will, or at least I did, notice a 1/4 or 1/2 lb difference.

the Motion rep should never have recommended a 4000. I would recommend a 6000 and even a light weigh 8000.

Comment

F22 90mm 6s,

question on batteries, my maiden and shake down flight s , been with 4000ma batteries,

I found my older set of 6000ma batteries, if I CG the same , think I will notice heavier battery much on the F22? ( landing or stalling speed)

Take care , joe
                                        I pretty much only fly my 90s with 6000s. The F22, F18 and F4 don't seem to notice the weight and actually fly a bit better overall. I do notice a slight increase in vertical with a 5000 as expected but the 6000 is no slouch in that area. I'm also not using the stock 6s EDF fan in any of mine though.

Comment

• Hey everyone TKS for all the tips !

i guess it’s been longer than I thought flying jets , I am still working on getting nice stable landing approach with my new F22 ,90mm, 6s .

anyone suggest good landing video to watch for pointers ?

Take care , Joe

Comment

Working...
                                          X