• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
    Nice flight! I recognize those clouds!
    Thanks! Yes you probably do! haha

Comment

• Finished installing TVs to my 90 mm Raptor. Haven't flown it yet. Thanks to Gary 9648 for the inspiration and link to .stl file.

Tom

Comment

• I got my maiden flight on my Raptor today. Although this is my 1st EDF or electric plane, I felt quite comfortable as it started to approach lift off speed, hit the elevators and gentle climb in the air. Hit the gear and flap switch, felt my heart beat quicken as more speed came up. Man did I have fun, Awesome watching it come in to land and seeing the landing gear light on. Very cool Plane.

Comment

• Warren M Congrats and welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Glad you are here!! Jerry

Comment

• Warren M Welcome to the party, Warren! 'Nice to see a gasser jumping straight into our 90mm F-22 for his first electric airplane of any kind!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Agreed Alpha ! Welcome Warren and you couldn't have picked a better first start EDF! She's a beaut!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey guys, first post. Question f22 6s or 8s. I have a few jets freewing and otherwise. They are all 6s so I would guess I would be happy with the performance of f22 6s. I was just wondering if it was worth the extra 150 bucks to get the 8s. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Badboys328 Welcome to HobbySquawk, well this is not easy to say, both versions (6S and 8S) fly great. Some like th extra thrust of the 8S version, some say 6S is good to go. I also know guys flying 10S. I have the 8S version and love it. So if you have a few 6S ones, it is not a mistake to try something new. You can combine a 6S with a 2S battery. In my opinion it is worth to go for 8S!

Comment

• Ty for the response. My issue is spending the extra $$$$ for only slightly noticable difference. Unless the difference is very moticable

Comment

• Should i jump from flying gliders and some scale warbirds to this 90mm size edf? Or a bad idea?

Comment

• If you never flown an edf before no. Start with am avanti or some other type of sport jet 70mm or 80mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Badboys328 View Post
                          If you never flown an edf before no. Start with am avanti or some other type of sport jet 70mm or 80mm
                          Thanks for the tip!😁

Comment

• Agreed and welcome NeilMaxx ! I wouldn't recommend this F-22 as anyone's first EDF. Not that it's a handful with bad habits but you want to work your way up a bit. Like Badboys328 said, start with a sport trainer EDF like the Avanti and work your way up to the scale 90mm stuff from there. The Avanti is an amazing EDF jet you won't be disappointed with!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros Now it's starting to make sense, honestly i don't want to go for the 64mm jets a friend of mine from the philippines also he's based on dubai influenced me to go for edf since i've been flying RC since 2014 but never got into edf, he suggested to get an FMS viper 70mm for training, but The thing is i'm more of an "historical" type of guy and i love scale, i'm actually interested at the 80mm f-86 like some of the other guys recommend as a starter jet but the avanti is a good option too, thankyou for the tips!😉

Comment

• In my opinion, some of the 80mm EDF jets can be great to learn on in conoarison to the smaller 50-70mm size jets. Some 80mm EDF jets can reach a length and wingspan that provide easier orientation in the air, do not get affected as easily by the weather, hold a nice range of battery sizes/weights, perform well, and are still reasonable in price. The Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 or Avanti S are fantastic options if your already a proficient RC fixed wing pilot and moving into EDF jets.

Comment

• T-CAT Yes i am Brother, owned a several powered gliders, some warbirds (market/scratch built). This time i want to step up the game of going for the jets... Honestly the reason why i don't like the 64mm jets coz of their size but don't get me wrong those are very nice little jets, as i said i love scale planes with historical backgrounds like the f-86, f-4, mig-21, A-4... And i actually want to minimize the cost of buying too much planes i am from a third world country so i am not into collecting so much plane on the same genre to save for a diff type of a plane, so i might consider a large trainer and set the next goal for the f-22, after that step up to gas planes. I know i'm not like other guys that collect and fly rc planes, i only pick a specific model and fly it till it's last day.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeilMaxx View Post
                                    T-CAT Yes i am Brother, owned a several powered gliders, some warbirds (market/scratch built). This time i want to step up the game of going for the jets... Honestly the reason why i don't like the 64mm jets coz of their size but don't get me wrong those are very nice little jets, as i said i love scale planes with historical backgrounds like the f-86, f-4, mig-21, A-4... And i actually want to minimize the cost of buying too much planes i am from a third world country so i am not into collecting so much plane on the same genre to save for a diff type of a plane, so i might consider a large trainer and set the next goal for the f-22, after that step up to gas planes. I know i'm not like other guys that collect and fly rc planes, i only pick a specific model and fly it till it's last day.
                                    Scale jets (and warbirds) and their historical background is definitely a great aspect of flying the RC model representation of it. It brings a lot of pride when flown, and the fly-bye's look and sound amazing. Minimizing the cost is a smart way to go, as well as ensuring you select a scale jet that you want to fly, look at, and own now and into the future. Also, for whatever jet you choose, be sure to look at which may have the landing gear necessary for your field operations. For example, the F-86 is an early generation 80mm EDF Freewing jet, and the landing gear is just "okay". When comparing that to new generation Freewing 80mm jets like the T-33, L-39, etc., the new ones are much more capable and durable. It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with jets, and we're looking forward to hearing your report as you progress in the future.

Comment

• I would go with the 80mm L-39 or 80mm T-33 to make the jump into jets. Both of these are great trainer-type jets (and are jet trainers in real life), but both have plenty of zip to get the adrenaline flowing.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Those are amazing jets. Personally, I thought the L-39 was a good solid airplane and great value, but I'm significantly more impressed with the T-33 from just about every standpoint (totally subjective and not knocking the L-39) except for lights . I sold my L-39 without hesitation long before the T-33 came along, but if I didn't then I would have sold it right afterwards.

Comment

• The venom is a 90mm that flies more like a light 80mm too, if the post war stuff tickles your fancy. Can be a bit tricky to land right but honestly i find them all easier to land than a narrow geared warbird lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X