Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve got a few of the AR637Ts and from my research found that it actually has something like 18-20 channels it’s listening on and you can use them for separate flight modes or individual gain adjustments while in flight. Rclightsystems makes a serial channel expander that you can plug into the SRXL2 port on your AR637T and it brings you up to 10 servo outputs. I picked up three of them to use in various jets including the 22, MiG-29, and Gripen.

Comment

• Finally did the maiden and a three more flights! Flies great, approaches and landings very predictable, so much fun!

The only issue was nose wheel tracking on takeoff seemed quite variable. Sometimes quite straight, sometimes a sudden veer off the asphalt runway to the right, sometimes a sudden veer to the left. There does seem to be a slight bit of slop in each of the servo, the linkage, and the strut shaft\trunion. Anything one can do to tighten things up just a bit? (I am also thinking about adding a nose brace).

Can't wait to take it up again!
      Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• Originally posted by SDRick View Post
        Finally did the maiden and a three more flights! Flies great, approaches and landings very predictable, so much fun!

The only issue was nose wheel tracking on takeoff seemed quite variable. Sometimes quite straight, sometimes a sudden veer off the asphalt runway to the right, sometimes a sudden veer to the left. There does seem to be a slight bit of slop in each of the servo, the linkage, and the strut shaft\trunion. Anything one can do to tighten things up just a bit? (I am also thinking about adding a nose brace).

Can't wait to take it up again!
        I did add a nose brace to mine out of the box because I was flying from a rough field, so did not see how it tracked without it, but I don't think it really needs the nose brace.

What I've found with mine is that if there's differential friction on the mains, it'll track to the side with more friction. Make sure your main wheels are free spinning and clear of any sand or gunk.

If they are and it's still not tracking well for you, my tactic with some jets like the F-18 that are tippy on the ground is to get the model moving at a moderate pace and tracking straight down the runway, then advance the throttle to full. The inertia from already tracking straight at moderate speed will keep them tracking well. Trying to advance the throttle quickly without them already tracking straight leads to large corrections and over corrections that could tip them over.

Comment

• Yes, check the mains.

Comment

• Great advice guys, yes the mains, thanks!

While the mains spin freely and equally, I am embarrassed to say that they each main shaft was so loose that they had about as much rotational range as a nose wheel would! That explains the sudden movements on the runway, sometimes left, sometimes right. They were both so loose that I am lucky they did not just drop out on approach!

I take it to secure the setscrews, the covers need to come off and tightened with a short allen, or does the whole retract need to come out? Any opinions on the best way to secure the setscrews, a dab of paint, urethane, nail polish or red or blue thread lock?

Speaking of opinions, did you guys secure the ubec or let it "float"? I was thinking about placing it below the plywood deck (where I placed my receiver) removing enough plywood on the side to allow the EC5 connector to come up from the bottom. That would provide a pretty clean, relatively wireless battery area. Thoughts?
            Hanger: FW F-22, E-Flight F-16, T-Rex 600, Twisted Hobbies 342, VIP Pylon, Flying Flags hotliner, 1.5 Maule,

Comment

• Unfortunately you do have to pull the plastic piece off in the gear out to tighten the setscrew. Sometimes I Velcro down the BEC sometimes I let it just sit there, depends on the airplane.

Comment

• Blue Loctite on the grub screws for the gear. Should have come with some on them from the factory, but they have been known to come loose still. Since you are doing metal to metal, no worries about the Loctite messing anything up.
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Blue Loctite on the grub screws for the gear. Should have come with some on them from the factory, but they have been known to come loose still. Since you are doing metal to metal, no worries about the Loctite messing anything up.
                  Standard operating procedure when assembling any freewing plane for my 2c

Comment

• Yep, same here.
                    Pat

Comment

• Tanks again for the feedback. It was my bad for not checking the gear closer. Now I know. I had to pull the mains because the set screw in the trunnion was also loose. No evidence of Loctite anywhere.

It would have been better, faster and cheaper for the manufacturer and the consumer if the gear was provided uninstalled since you need to take it apart anyway to check?

Comment

• Does anyone have talerons on the freewing 90mm f22? If so did you use the blue box? I have the mcbE and a 8010t rx with the dx8. Thanks

Comment

• Yes, no, bypassed to the receiver.

Comment

• Has anyone flown both the new higher performance 6s inrunner system, recently released in the F-22, and the previous 6s system in the F-22? If so, was looking for impressions and opinions.

Wondering if is a worthwhile upgrade. Also considering it for another 90mm EDF.

Comment

• Hey,

i build the F22 very early this year, thanks to corona the first Flight was in May... But since i burned over 100L or arround 160 flights and i still in love with that jet. Its my first foam jet, but not my last one :D How needs GFK...

My second freewingjet was the Mig21, also with turbine.

Daniel.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Tab...FYI new version 6s inrunner 1900kv

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtsmf22 View Post
                                  Tab...FYI new version 6s inrunner 1900kv
                                  Aware of that info. What I am looking for is a comparison report to see what owners think of the performance improvement.

Has anyone flown both systems? Would it be worth upgrading from the older stock system to the new one?

Comment

• I got right elevator on aux2 and right alieron on aux 3 on my dx8g2. Got tailerons working. But not able to use expo. Aircraft type set to Normal. Any thoughts or insights?

Comment

• Got four more flights in and having a blast. Two things I thought I would share.

First, I set up cross trimming on the transmitter for the maiden. I never even knew about it, but for me, it works great. I thought cross trim would be a universal setting but found out I needed to change each model to take advantage of this feature. It may not be for everyone but I found it far easier to trim.

Second, I mentioned that my nose wheel was quite sloppy. I removed the retract and tightened every set screw using the blue "Chapstick" thread lock. Reassembled and still noticed about 1/32 side-to-side play in the trunnion, 1/32 play in the strut pin, 1/32 play in the slider control link and about 1/32 movement in the servo. Not ideal but flyable. Fortunately, I came up with an easy fix.

I installed the nose wheel brace mentioned up thread. While it may help and provide additional support in a hard landing, it did not alleviate my nose wheel slop. My solution was to add a couple small circles of felt (with the adhesive on the back) to the notch cut out for the strut. Now, the strut is cradled perfectly in the notch with virtually no play at all with the felt allowing smooth rotation for steering.

I will see how it holds up but it certainly feels good and works well taxiing on my street.

Also have a question, do most of you run satellite receivers or find that the receiver itself is sufficient?

Comment

• Not really sure what you are wanting to know. Go into channel assignments and make sure they are assigned correctly? Or go back and do two aileron two elevator type plane. Mix aileron to left ele for tailerons...

Originally posted by Curtsmf22 View Post
                                        I got right elevator on aux2 and right alieron on aux 3 on my dx8g2. Got tailerons working. But not able to use expo. Aircraft type set to Normal. Any thoughts or insights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Not really sure what you are wanting to know. Go into channel assignments and make sure they are assigned correctly? Or go back and do two aileron two elevator type plane. Mix aileron to left ele for tailerons...

Trying to use expo on tailerons

Comment

Working...
                                          X