Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking you forgot to charge the 2S.

Also, I try to come down with voltage at 3.8 per cell, about 27% by my meter.

Comment

• Long overdue for a new Raptor vid!

Comment

• A couple of lazy flights with my F-22.

Comment

• Comment

• I have a question about the 8s motor in my F-22. I love the plane, had 9 excellent flights, then on the 10th flight at about 3 minutes the motor stopped. I was able to turn it around and do a safe landing in grass with no air frame damage. The battery checked ok with 69% of charge still remaining and I was about to start the landing approach when the motor died. At home I couldn't get any response from the ESC when it is plugged in. I ohm checked all the connections and found a black wire (under the insulation) going from one of the 3 motor wires going back into the motor. I am a long time mechanic and have found black battery wires on many cars when cheap aftermarket cables are installed instead of factory parts. The only fix is a new quality cable of original factory manufacture. In an attempt to repair my motor I started trimming the wire back towards the motor to find wire that could be soldered and give the low resistance required. I could find a couple of strands that gave low readings but not the whole cable. One of the bad characteristics of a black copper wire is the refusal to accept solder, the entire wire must be replaced. Using a crimp type butt connector doesn't work either, there just isn't any current flow in a black copper wire. I can scrape the individual strands down to shiny copper but not enough for soldering a connector on the wire. I kept trimming the wire shorter until I have only about an inch remaining but still no continuity, the ohms reading is 40 meg ohms. I guess, since there doesn't seem to be any way to get into the motor that replacing it is the only choice.

Comment

• Hello,
              if i want to paint the plane, but before that to repair a little, what do i have to use? Can you give me some link about what i need?
              tks
              Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• OK so haven't flown this thing in a year or two. Having trouble with nose steering. First where does the rudder wire from the receiver plug into? Unplugged it a long time ago trying to find the problem. Once that's done, I can test the steering servo to see if it has failed. ..............OK dumb question. Just pulled the blue block out and saw all the printing on the side.

Comment

• Straight approaches are boring!

Comment

• I was at an international jet meeting event this past weekend and got the opportunity to get some sick shots of the F-22 :')

Comment

• Have you ever watched Mark Fingar's amazing F-22 videos?
                      Then this may look and feel familiar... :D

Comment

• 3D-printed light mount, simplifies adding navigation lights to the wing - just cut the parallelograms. Recessed mounts for high-power LEDs pre-spaces and orients them for a common lead. Install them flush with the wing with optional faired covers, or recessed with clear flat panels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a17673721-156-991A7EFF-4E54-4A4E-87B5-30B757C89616.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	388154Click image for larger version

Name:	a17673779-184-F00C22B0-FAB4-417E-8A88-CC3F626A0B76.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	388155

Comment

• 3D-printed light mount, simplifies adding navigation lights to the wing - just cut the parallelograms. Recessed mounts for high-power LEDs pre-spaces and orients them for a common lead. Install them flush with the wing with optional faired covers, or recessed with clear flat panels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a17673721-156-991A7EFF-4E54-4A4E-87B5-30B757C89616.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	388157Click image for larger version

Name:	a17673779-184-F00C22B0-FAB4-417E-8A88-CC3F626A0B76.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	388158

Comment

• Comment

• I find the thread's lack of activity disturbing... let's change that!

Comment

• I decided to fly my Freewing 90mm 6S F-22 a week ago after a long hiatus. It flew just fine, but slower than I rememered. It was definitely slower than my new Freewing 80mm T-33 and new Freewing 80mm F9F Cougar. Also, I could hear a whine at different power settings, but not all settings.

So, Pulled the fan unit and carefully spun the motor. I could feel a hint of drag (not the magnetism of poles), so I ordered the latest 6S setup; bigger motor with higher KV, plus 12 blade fan. It arrived yesterday and plan to install today. I’m excited that the new improved motor/fan unit will improve performance, which wasn’t bad before the orginal motor went south.

Comment

• Kaos I'm curious to know what you think of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaos View Post
                                    I decided to fly my Freewing 90mm 6S F-22 a week ago after a long hiatus. It flew just fine, but slower than I rememered. It was definitely slower than my new Freewing 80mm T-33 and new Freewing 80mm F9F Cougar. Also, I could hear a whine at different power settings, but not all settings.

So, Pulled the fan unit and carefully spun the motor. I could feel a hint of drag (not the magnetism of poles), so I ordered the latest 6S setup; bigger motor with higher KV, plus 12 blade fan. It arrived yesterday and plan to install today. I’m excited that the new improved motor/fan unit will improve performance, which wasn’t bad before the orginal motor went south.
                                    I just had this happen on my HSD F-16, started hearing a screechy whine when taxiing out and and at about 1/4 throttle but nothing on take off or while flying, so I pulled the fan unit and like you found turning it by hand it was rough, took it apart and on these units with the 750kv they have 4 bearings, 3 small bearings at the bottom and one big bearing at the top, one of the small bearings let go and there was nothing left but the race, got lucky nothing else happened, I thought it was just the whine of the fan until it got louder and more screechy on the last flight of the day, got it all replaced and nice and smooth now, I cannot figure out to get that bad bearing out of the old motor either, so this is the first time a motor has failed on me even on my Freewing jets, so I guess it does happen.

Comment

• Hello,
                                      is there someone who have the landing train FW and use only the receiver without the blue box? I try to set the doors for the front landing gear, but as i saw to go up/down takes too much, if i well measured around 10 s and the delay in my radio is maximum 6 s. To go down is ok, the doors are open correct and then go the landing gear but when i want to go up the landing gear it goes too fast than the doors are closing.
                                      Thanks,
                                      Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                        Kaos I'm curious to know what you think of it!
                                        Put one flight on F-22 this morning with the new 6S motor and new 12-blade fan unit. The airplane is back to its old self, and perhaps just bit peppier than when the original 9-blade fan unit was healthy.

For those considering upgrading to the new, bigger, higher KV motor, you will also have get the new 12-blade fan unit. The new motor is not compatible with the old 9-blade fan.

Comment

• Well I learned today that the ribbon cables are not wired like I thought. I made the faulty assumption that the red and black wire of the 8 was + and - .

it was only after I cut into my cables to splice out for the wing slime lights. Thank god I figured it out before powering anything up

only question is, why would they do that. If they would have wired it up revers of how they did it would be color coded correctly.

I do like how the slime lights look, I just need to finish up my nav lights and I can wrap this baby up.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X