Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do enjoy you swinging those sticks around...Always fun to watch!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Airguardian The smooth entrance and exit of the sinking inverted high alpha

Comment

• Thanks guys!
        The inverted high alpha with the Raptor almost feels like cheating... it's just so good and stable in there...

As for FPV, been thinking about making an FPV cockpit conversion of mine for a while too... :o

Comment

• Hello all... two questions please. I bought this plane used and I have no idea on this functioning. I am using a spektrum 6 ch receiver.
          1. Is there a way to have the landing light turn off when retracted?
          2. can NWS be inhibited when retracted?

Comment

• Both of those things should already happen. Controlled by the MCBe.

Comment

• Originally posted by avatar71 View Post
              Hello all... two questions please. I bought this plane used and I have no idea on this functioning. I am using a spektrum 6 ch receiver.
              1. Is there a way to have the landing light turn off when retracted?
              2. can NWS be inhibited when retracted?
              It's been a while since I flew my F-22 due to winter, so I can't remember if the landing light turned off when gear is retracted but I seem to recall that it did. To help you with this, have a look at this video. It goes through the control box that comes in the F-22 and should guide you through to the light port on the box as to where the landing light should be plugged in.

As for the steering, you will not be able to inhibit it when the gear is retracted so long as you have only a 6-ch RX. You need an extra channel so you can isolate the steering and mix it to a switch like the retract switch or put it on the rotary knob to use for steering. If you really want to isolate it and have it not function when the gear is up, I would suggest you get an Assan steering gyro. This will do the job you want and also provide the ability to have "straight as an arrow" ground handling.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=9114
              Evan is right. The steering should already be defeated when gear is retracted if it's plugged into the correct slot.

PS, you should ask the seller if he can find the manual for the plane. It should also contain the schematic for the control box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Both of those things should already happen. Controlled by the MCBe.
                Thanks, yeah... that is what I had hoped. I did have the nose light in the wrong socket so, that is now fixed. The steering servo still steer whilst retracted. I opened a ticket with Motion and I hope there's something simple I'm missing. Is it a travel setting?

Comment

• No. Should just work dependent on the retract signal like the landing light.

Comment

• It's not a travel setting. Do you have the nose gear plugged into the correct pins. Notice in the video (@3:25) that the gear pins are a set of 3 pins, however, there is a small space between the pair and then a single that's right next to the nose steering. Is the nose retract plugged into the one next to the nose steering? I'm not sure if this might be the cause, but if it's plugged in correctly and the steering isn't defeated with the gear up, then you should look into the Assan unit or see if Motion will send you a new control box to try.

Comment

• Thanks all! New MCB-E on order

Comment

• Just completed another Jet for my fleet of 90mm Freewing Jets. She has a Spektrum AR10100T 10 Channel Receiver, Freewing 90mm 12 Blade 4068-1835kv 6S EDF Inrunner, Freewing 150amp ESC, Upgraded the servos to D85MG Hitec Servos for the Elevators & Hitec HS85 Servos for the Ailerons & Flaps added some Nav lights on the wings and with all my jets afterburners. Coated her with 5 coats of Matte finish Min Wax to protect the surfaces. (makes it real easy to clean) Put in some crazy mixes I am sure I will never dare to use, but looks cool on the ground. Also have a spare FMS 8S 1500kv that might go in her in the future. Now once the weather breaks up here on Cape Cod she will get her maiden...... but for now she looks great in the hangar.....

​​

Comment

• Hello,
                          today i wanted to fly after almost two years my F22, it has only two flies, and surprise my ESC was dead. Can you recommend me another ESC, it is the 6S version.
                          Thanks,
                          Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Not sure where you would get it but the ESC they put in the new Eurofighter is good. 120A, 8S, 8A BEC and has reverse.

Freewing 120A ESC with 8A BEC and Reverse Thrust Function [092D002001] Motion RC

https://www.altitudehobbies.com/products/hobbywing-flyfun-v5-series-120a-esc

Hobbywing FlyFun 120A 80A ESC V5 8S Brushless Electronic Speed Controller Model | eBay

Comment

• Thank you Evan.
                              Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                It's not a travel setting. Do you have the nose gear plugged into the correct pins. Notice in the video (@3:25) that the gear pins are a set of 3 pins, however, there is a small space between the pair and then a single that's right next to the nose steering. Is the nose retract plugged into the one next to the nose steering? I'm not sure if this might be the cause, but if it's plugged in correctly and the steering isn't defeated with the gear up, then you should look into the Assan unit or see if Motion will send you a new control box to try.
                                So the new MCB did nothing new. Is NWS supposed to be deactivated when retracted? It must somehow as if it is not, it's certainly going to break the servo or mount. I know I am in the correct output. Frustrating. I the model specifies a 6 ch rx... Silly for it not to do this function.

Comment

• Why do you think it would break the servo or mount?

On most of my FW planes when retracted the nose gear servo doesn't move. But I also have a Assan steering gyro on some and that disables steering too.

Comment

Why do you think it would break the servo or mount?

On most of my FW planes when retracted the nose gear servo doesn't move. But I also have a Assan steering gyro on some and that disables steering too.
                                    because it actuates the servo and the nws cannot move since its retracted

Comment

• If you can, place your plane upside down on a towel and look at what happens when you move the steering when retracted. The steering push rod is connected to a little slider on a rod so that it does not force anything. See the picture I attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	402
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	374067

Comment

If you can, place your plane upside down on a towel and look at what happens when you move the steering when retracted. The steering push rod is connected to a little slider on a rod so that it does not force anything. See the picture I attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	402
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	374067
                                        GENIUS! The linkage was a little mashed up. There is still some pressure on the linkage but I'm unlikely to use full rudder during flight. So, to answer the initial question, the E1712 does NOT defeat steering while retracted. Thank you!

Comment

• Anytime

Comment

Working...
                                          X