Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, i have a setup with a 6S battery and around 3800 g RTF. Could someone tell me if i want to make the conversion to X45 Xicoy turbine what total weight do will have? I ask because i don t know what are all the accessories needed in this case. I also want to use the JL conversion kit. Thanks for your answers.
    Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      After getting many requests, know that my F-22 setup video is finally in the works! :D
      But in the meantime, here's something else that may prove useful ( :​

Awesome stuff as usual. I note you use the "drawing with pencil" method, i.e. you use both thumbs and index fingers for flying. A much more precision method where as I have always just flown with thumbs only, which could explain my hundreds of crashes over the decades lol! If I could go back in time, I would have learned using your method, with a neck strap. Now my muscle memory is so developed it's virtually fruitless to try to relearn the method. However, I would tell any newcomer to use your method when starting out, which understandably gives you much more precise control.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Can you tell me what static thrust do you have on your F22 6 S setup? I just measured mine and seems to be around 2500 g, so in my opinion is a little bit ..
        Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Stock 6s in my F-4, F-22, F/A18 and new Eurofighter have all been 3kg or more.

Comment

• Hi all!

I just ordered my F22 8s version. I read everywhere that it’s a great flier. While waiting for the delivery I am gathering information for the build and setup. Is there anything that I should be aware of? Eg problems with the blue box or other electronics, the book cg being way too nose heavy and stuff like that. Anything that I should address while building is highly appreciated info.

Thanks!

Comment

• It flies well as is.

Comment

• That’s good to know. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• unfortunately i did it, i listen a guy and i put it on low rate, and i didn t have much travel on the elevator at the landing with flaps down. From your experience because i am a little confused, on the simulator at the same speed when i activate flaps the plane goes up, but on the F22 it goes down very agressive..am i doing something wrong? anyway i already ordered another plane which will have an X45.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• For me the stock flaps don't cause a significant pitch change but if I program full span flaps there is a significant down pitch.

Sorry about the crash.

Comment

• Because i will make another F22, this time with turbine, there is someone who abandoned the blue box and use only a receiver? For the previous plane i kept the blue box only for the gear and rudder, having only 9 ch on my dispo receiver, but if i will have with 12 ch it will be enough?

Comment

• Yes but you lose the landing light as you need a module (or something) to reduce voltage to 3V for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          Yes but you lose the landing light as you need a module (or something) to reduce voltage to 3V for it.
                          That will be no big lose, i guess i can fly without it.. i just saw your film on yt , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UtXjl_rg4c and the question is: did you use all these mixes when you fly? at take off do you use a little flaps ? in the cruise you use the mix just in the video? and at landing, you use full flaps?

Comment

• I found I didn’t like the feel of the full span flaps or the elevator flap mix but I use everything else each flight. I typically use half flaps to take off and half to full landing depending on wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              I found I didn’t like the feel of the full span flaps or the elevator flap mix but I use everything else each flight. I typically use half flaps to take off and half to full landing depending on wind.
                              Can you tell me if you tested in flight how is the behavior when crow is activated exactly like in film? I ask you because for some glider when i activate the crow always i need to compensate with the elevator opposite to the film. I try to find the optimal setup for landing in order to descend softly to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickVn View Post
                                Does anybody own this plane and the Eflite 90mm Viper ? Would like your opinion on how they fly compared to each other ?
                                I'll know tomorrow and report back. Just picked up a slightly used F-22. If you don't have a Viper 90 I'd highly recommend. Arguably the best EDF plane ever. It's got it all, flight envelope, lights, power, great LG, speed, slow flight capable, bla bla.

I am hopeful for the F-22. One big advantage all FW planes have is parts availability.
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hello everyone, I'm Pete, and new to this thread.
                                  So I purchased the F-22 RAPTOR and still can't get it to bind to my controller. I'm using the SPEKTRUM DX 6e with a set-up battery SPECTRUM 6S LiPo 5000Mh battery.
                                  Can anyone give me any advice to bind my controller/receiver or am I using something non-compatibleClick image for larger version  Name:	F-22-0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	376010.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by olivepe; Apr 22, 2023, 02:05 PM. Reason: 9 Blade EDF 90mm

Comment

• I have used it in flight. If you watch my video you’ll see the trim needed.

Originally posted by Oachidori View Post

Can you tell me if you tested in flight how is the behavior when crow is activated exactly like in film? I ask you because for some glider when i activate the crow always i need to compensate with the elevator opposite to the film. I try to find the optimal setup for landing in order to descend softly to the ground.

Comment

• Pete, Try this : Move your throttle trim all the down and try again. Then thank me. LOL
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• PatrickVN--

Okay, I maidened the used F-22 this morning. SMC 6200mah 75C HV packs . Got two flights in and couple on the Futura before I had to go. Mine has the newer 9-blade HP 6S setup that the guy I bought it from had recently retrofitted. Also came with a Spektrum 637TA RX with one of the antenna's missing. I range checked and had no drop outs. So away I went.

Now I basically ran circuits with a few simple axial rolls and took her up top for a few reverse Cubans. Nothing crazy. Climb rate was very good. Was happy that I literally did not need any trim. She's an easy flyer. Big and visible even though she' got a stealth paint job. Because I haven't really put her through the paces yet and am just getting to know her, I find it hard to compare with my Viper 90. They are similar in that they are both very easy planes to fly. I fly the Viper pretty hard. I know the plane. It's clearly a faster plane than the F-22.and my thinking is it can handle more radical maneuvers but I reserve judgement on that until I fly her a few more times. But the guys in the pitts thought the F-22 flew plenty fast. Both are very well built planes . Right now, I'd give a slight edge to the Viper 90 if I had to pick one over another. And again, because the F-22 is a Freewing, the parts are available.

That's my story... Sigh

Comment

• "This your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

Comment

Working...
                                          X