X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Yes they are. However the base they used for mine was UL204 and UL 200 vs PP104 and PP100 which was the base they used for Rich. For waybad the base was UL214 and UL210 respectively. I guess the tints that are added are the same but the different bases produce different color shades. There, I've already told you more than I know.LOL It might be worth checking with waybad to see how his colors came out and, if his are good, do a little calling around to different Home Depots in your area to see if they carry the right base paint.
    This would be interesting to find out. My colors are not perfect but seem to be closer than you are describing. Your bird is certainly looking awesome like the lights .. I tired to email Jeremy but no luck so far
    Rich

Comment

• Thanks Richj53. It might be worth checking with waybad to see how his colors are working. I'm just going to live with mine since it's a ferry trip to Home Depot and I'm sneaking up on the match.

Comment

• Just got my second freewing. Got the F22.
        Got a problem. I selected 1ail 1flap
        Flaps are working with ailerons and and one flap is working opposite???? Lines look right. Possibly the blue box or am I missing something.?
        Flaps not working at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
          Just got my second freewing. Got the F22.
          Got a problem. I selected 1ail 1flap
          Flaps are working with ailerons and and one flap is working opposite???? Lines look right. Possibly the blue box or am I missing something.?
          Flaps not working at all.
          Are you saying that when you move the AIL stick, the flaps move too? But one of the flaps is going the wrong way? Neither of these scenarios is correct. "Looks" can be deceiving. I would double check with a magnifying glass to make sure and to perhaps use a servo tester to confirm that each plug does indeed go the desired servo. The pins on those "boxes" are very close together and the labeling is tiny. Does the plane come with a diagram that shows what each board position is? My Corsair did BUT the diagram showed one of the wing boards were labeled backwards and only analyzing with a bit of deductive reasoning revealed where the pins should really be based on where the lights were plugged in (2-conductor for lights vs 3-conductor for servos). Also, some plugs were not completely seated and the odd one was even offset by one pin. A casual look may not be enough.
          Also, flaps won't work till you open up the flap menu and program numbers into the switch positions.

Comment

• Bad rx!!! My fault...???? thanks for the reply!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
              Bad rx!!! My fault...???? thanks for the reply!!!!
              You don't make chocolate chip cookies by any chance do you?;)

Comment

• Is anyone having issues with the steering nosewheel? Its the only thing i can get to work. I have good contact, correct polarity. Nothing.

All other servos work normally. Im wondering if i need a mix of something with the rudder? Does this work in conjunction with the rudders from the factory via the bluebox, or does this need a secondary calibration?

any insight would help

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post
                  Is anyone having issues with the steering nosewheel? Its the only thing i can get to work. I have good contact, correct polarity. Nothing.

All other servos work normally. Im wondering if i need a mix of something with the rudder? Does this work in conjunction with the rudders from the factory via the bluebox, or does this need a secondary calibration?

any insight would help
                  Did you test the servo itself with a tester? That would be the first thing I'd do. If you don't have a tester, then hook up the steering servo directly to the rudder port of the RX. You can also "Y" the steering servo directly to the RUDD line to the board. The steering should be mixed within the control box. It should need nothing so long as it's all plugged in correctly and the board is good.

Comment

• I think there may be a calibration step that needs to be done. Mine worked fine but others have had a similar issue because if I am not mistaken the blue box shuts off the steering servo when the gear is up and I think it is just out of sync.

Comment

• Im going test the servo first. Im also thinking now maybye i should reverse the gear swich on the tx. The nose gear isnt working when its down or deployed. Will try the Y harness too if need be- thanks guys

just put it in a y - worked. No reversing needed!

Comment

• Flights # 4, 5 & 6 today.... Great bird! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Awesome Hardway. haven't flown since December. but logged # 10 before Xmas on the 22... Love you T-Shirt BTW! :-)
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• F-22 Raptor T-shirt US Air Force. Military Aviation T-shirts for men and women. Military t-shirts, veteran own. USAF

:Cool::Cool::Cool: Thanks Bro!!! It felt good to hit the sticks again!!!

Comment

• I bet, especially with that fantastic jet! :Cool:
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• +3 on that Hardway!! I'm still a month out for my field.:(Got a new plane coming my way about then....Happy Jack's Go Buggy!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  Got a new plane coming my way about then....Happy Jack's Go Buggy!:Cool:
                                  Boy and will she ever be a beauty! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ugh- so i hooked up my steerable nosewheel in a Y with my rudder and it works in conjunction, however, its still moving when the hears are retracted up in the wheel bay. I heard the blue box cuts its off when they are retracted, but i cant get the nosewheel servo to work when its wired in the factory setting. Servo works, polarity is correct etc etc. idk now

Comment

• How did u guys rig your nosewheel? Stock port connections? Any issues like mine? Thanks!

Comment

Ugh- so i hooked up my steerable nosewheel in a Y with my rudder and it works in conjunction, however, its still moving when the hears are retracted up in the wheel bay. I heard the blue box cuts its off when they are retracted, but i cant get the nosewheel servo to work when its wired in the factory setting. Servo works, polarity is correct etc etc. idk now
                                        watch this video and see if it will help you. The nose wheel steering issue is explained and starts at about 14:20 min

Comment

How did u guys rig your nosewheel? Stock port connections? Any issues like mine? Thanks!
                                          Easiest route is to plug the nose steering into an extra channel on your RX and set up a mix to operate it. For the switch that activates the mix, use your retract switch in the down position.
                                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Working...
                                          X