X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

So are the blinking ones white strobes like Steve's or two more red and green that blink? Awesome flying...almost thought you grazed the runway on that first low pass!
    Brad, I do not have white strobes on mine. I have red ones. Check out this video. It is what I was trying to come close to.

Comment

• Originally posted by JETGREASER View Post
      Santa left this under the tree for me! I fly off of grass, so first thing I did was take all landing gear apart and locktite every single screw. I also added a trailing link nosegear.
      I fly uneven runways as well, what nose gear is that?
      Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Papadave418 View Post

I fly uneven runways as well, what nose gear is that?
        Check in the thread earlier. I think someone said it was from the 80mm Avanti

Comment

• Here are the pics I promised from earlier today... I am really looking forward to the maiden tomorrow! :Cool: I used Freewing LED's from the Venom plugged into the blue box....

Comment

• Looks very nice brother!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Brad, I do not have white strobes on mine. I have red ones. Check out this video. It is what I was trying to come close to.

Mine is just the opposite but the good thing is that I can unplug from the blue box and reverse the connections.

Comment

• Can someone please tell me what is the purpose of this contraption on the ESC battery cable shipped with the 8s hobbywing ESC's? This is a bullet connector with a resistor connected in parallel. As a EE I can tell you that does absolutely nothing except reduce sparking when you disconnect the bullet connector. Since this is another point of potential failure I cut it out and resoldered the EC5 connector.

Comment

• It eliminates spark when you connect your batteries. Unplug the bullet connector, plug in your batteries and then plug in the bullet connector again. No spark! Having removed it you should hear quite a snap when you plug your battery in.

Comment

It eliminates spark when you connect your batteries. Unplug the bullet connector, plug in your batteries and then plug in the bullet connector again. No spark! Having removed it you should hear quite a snap when you plug your battery in.
                    Ok, that makes some sense. However, all my planes have a small spark when I plug in the battery. Pretty normal issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      I have to say after about 20 flights on my F-22 I'm loving the thrust vectoring.
                      Is the thrust vectoring really helping on a high alpha?

Comment

• As you increase in voltage the spark gets bigger and will wear away your connector. Many don't use them and many do. The resistor slows down the charging of the capacitors on the ESC.

Comment

• Not sure if this is the proper place on Honby squak , I have a Honbywing 8s Esc and the UBEC pulled from the Freewing F22 8s if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              As you increase in voltage the spark gets bigger and will wear away your connector. Many don't use them and many do. The resistor slows down the charging of the capacitors on the ESC.
                              Ok, thanks, probably better for the caps too. I have the same thing on my Yak and have never used it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I think I'm going to skip the red strobes and just stay with the standard solid port and starboard. It's more for me than realism. However, I do think I'll add the port and starboard lights just under the cockpit area. Just for orientation as much as anything.

Comment

• Welp, the maiden didn't go well. She went screaming down the runway, pulled back on the elevator, wouldn't rotate, more elevator until full up, finally rotated and pops up. I relax the elevator a bit so that she won't go high alpha after take off, and when I did she slammed back down to the runway (grass) and flipped over. Oh well, repair and try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                                    Welp, the maiden didn't go well. She went screaming down the runway, pulled back on the elevator, wouldn't rotate, more elevator until full up, finally rotated and pops up. I relax the elevator a bit so that she won't go high alpha after take off, and when I did she slammed back down to the runway (grass) and flipped over. Oh well, repair and try again.
                                    Bummer! Could it have been nose heavy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                                      Welp, the maiden didn't go well. She went screaming down the runway, pulled back on the elevator, wouldn't rotate, more elevator until full up, finally rotated and pops up. I relax the elevator a bit so that she won't go high alpha after take off, and when I did she slammed back down to the runway (grass) and flipped over. Oh well, repair and try again.
                                      ESC calibrated?
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Weight test https://youtu.be/Z_iHIi38j9k

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          For anyone that may be a little confused about how to set the stab neutral position.
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	F-22 elevator neutral.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.6 KB ID:	169447
                                          Yup, this was my problem. I set the elevator neutral angle wrong. I thought the picture was showing 5.5 mm up from the fuse centerline, when it is actually from the bottom of the fuse. My mistake, I should have gone through this thread first. The picture and explanation in the assembly manual could be clearer.
                                          Last edited by Flash Jorden; Dec 30, 2018, 04:02 PM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Working...
                                          X