Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, George just didn't like the spokes in the stock nose wheel. I swapped mine for the F-16 nose wheel and it seems fine. Others have gone further and changed out the strut and fork etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Yeah, George just didn't like the spokes in the stock nose wheel. I swapped mine for the F-16 nose wheel and it seems fine. Others have gone further and changed out the strut and fork etc...
      I can't believe they used that spoked wheel when they had both the F-16/F-104 nose and main wheels that would work and look so much better.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
        I’m having a hard time with orientation below the tree line and want to add lights to the mains as well. I like Steve’s idea but don’t have a 3D printer to make LED housings. Motion carries a single light (in housing) but it looks pretty big as compared to what you guys are using and I’m not sure if I can remove enough foam in fuselage to tuck them in when retracted.

John
        They are also 5W lights I believe. I am not sure if the one take off light port on the MCB-E can handle 3 5W lights. The MCB-D will have 3 take off light ports on it. I can print you some light housings if you want them. Just PM me.

Comment

Yeah, George just didn't like the spokes in the stock nose wheel. I swapped mine for the F-16 nose wheel and it seems fine. Others have gone further and changed out the strut and fork etc...
          OK, cool. I destroyed my F-16 main wheel in the crash, but I just happen to have an F-16 nose wheel in the parts bucket that I will use this time. My replacement Raptor arrives on Monday.
          Pat

Comment

Thanks for the info! My Raptor arrives this weekend and will be planning on doing the swap. Also looking at cutting some height off all the struts, as it sits a bit high for an F-22.

Comment

• Sorry, I wasn't calling you a noob by your post count, just that you had not mentioned a BEC failure in any of your posts (since it was only two it was easy to check). Was the BEC failure in a F-22 and what were the circumstances? Happen in flight or before/ after. Number of flights, any mods such as lights?

I agree that their response to you is poor. I have to tell you that we have had two FW EDF crashes recently. A L-39 a week ago due to the rudder servo locking full one direction in flight. Motion is sending him a new kit+ when it gets back in stock. And a person crashed two F-22's. It appears both were a Gyro (A3 Pro?) issue and Motion is doing an investigation for possible replacement. While I personally haven't had a replacement due to a crash (mine seem to be pilot error :) ) they have replaced dead or odd servos and blemished parts. I would say for me their customer service has been exceptional.

Originally posted by Flightsss View Post
              Thank you for the wheel info.

FYI - im 32 years old been flying rc for about 29.

post count of 2 haha i have to start somewhere right?

Im usually just a silent observer in these forums but i like the vibe here. Very positive, informative and helpful so i decided to get involved.

- especially after my ubec failure and reading of others. Once motion wrote me that BS response, i felt compelled to post it.

Comment

• Hey guys ! Here is what I started installing into all my planes and helicopters about 2 years ago and I have not had any issues with brown outs or other small electrical glitches. Originally they only come with a hobby eagle gyro but like I said I have them in everything now and cheep insurance. https://www.motionrc.com/products/ho...plug-capacitor

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek.motionrc View Post
                  Hey guys ! Here is what I started installing into all my planes and helicopters about 2 years ago and I have not had any issues with brown outs or other small electrical glitches. Originally they only come with a hobby eagle gyro but like I said I have them in everything now and cheep insurance. https://www.motionrc.com/products/ho...plug-capacitor
                  Cheap protection:Cool:
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    OK, cool. I destroyed my F-16 main wheel in the crash, but I just happen to have an F-16 nose wheel in the parts bucket that I will use this time. My replacement Raptor arrives on Monday.
                    Just to echo this, I got 4 flights on my F22 today with the F16 nose wheel and had no issues with rotation.

Comment

• We sympathize with anyone who has lost a model plane but as a retailer it is also extremely difficult to ascertain what may or may not have happened in flight since we are not there and cannot view a person's skill level and if the model was set up correctly. Most times users speculate what they believe happened but rarely can submit 100% proof of a manufacturing defect like in the BEC and Brown out cases. We can go on and on looking for all the reasons why but actually proving a manufacturing defect was the only cause, is the crux of the matter.

No one ever submits printed Data Log information showing the voltage drop below 3.7 volts, they think it did but once again no concrete proof. There are many factors that can cause these loss of signal issues and the BEC is not the only possibility, heck a solar flare at the right moment could be the cause. If you are not confident in the BEC then by all means use a separate flight pack but where does it end. Go back to the old days when we ran 2 separate Flight Packs and 2 separate Receivers with the Left Aileron and Right Elevator Stab on one receiver and the Right Aileron and Left Elevator Stab on the other. 38 Years I have been involved in RC and I have heard all the reasons and then some.

At the end of the day we do hours upon hours of testing as we want to bring to market the best product at a reasonable price. No one who wants to remain in business for long would intentionally bring an item to market only to have it fail over and over again. That makes no sense and shouldn't to anyone. I fully accept the risks that when this plane leaves the ground it may not come back to me in one piece or at all for a multitude of possible failures. There is no one who will guarantee you that it will so we accept it and try our best to prevent it from happening but the possibility is always looming out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flightsss View Post
                        Hey check this out- after opening up a tech ticket with motion regarding the shatty UBEC this is the resonse i get....... what a joke......
                        Flightsss,

I am sorry you felt that my response was a joke. I purchased this ESC 3 years ago to power an 8S system in my Freewing F-15. That is how long (or longer) this ESC has been around, in it's current configuration. It has also undergone formidable testing in China in the 8S models. After this amount of time, if the BEC or the ESC was not up to the task presented to it, it would have been discontinued or altered to suit the needs of the models, as crash cases would be piled high. Manufacturers are not in business to provide products in their models that will fail.

With that said, these resources; forums, Facebook, all social media platforms, as well as reviews on the products themselves, are there to help you make a decision on what is best for you and your model. If you see instances where people think or believe that a part or parts on a model are faulty, then I would either vote with my dollars and not purchase the product, or go into it with the understanding that part X may or may not be up to the task, people do not trust it, so I am going to replace it in my model. The RC community is here to help, and we will, in any way that we can.

My response to you stems from a great deal of RC experience, as well as direct first hand knowledge of the product. The data is solid, and the conclusions are based in fact. You would have to have something very wrong in order for the UBEC to be unable to keep up with the load on it from a model that is very streamlined as far as electronics go. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

JMM

Comment

• NAILED my landing, check this one out!!

Comment

Hey guys ! Here is what I started installing into all my planes and helicopters about 2 years ago and I have not had any issues with brown outs or other small electrical glitches. Originally they only come with a hobby eagle gyro but like I said I have them in everything now and cheep insurance. https://www.motionrc.com/products/ho...plug-capacitor
                            Thought I knew the Motion RC inventory like the back of my hand but surprise I didn't.
                            Thanx for posting this Derek.:Cool:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Steve, how do you get a hold of Jeremy Solt for the slime lights?

Comment

• Brad,

Look him up on Facebook. He is the one in Salt Lake City. He's not on the forums.
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Thought I knew the Motion RC inventory like the back of my hand but surprise I didn't.
                                  Thanx for posting this Derek.:Cool:
                                  Me too!!! I never really let it sink in that there was a GYRO ACCESSORY tab there... I just ordered 10 of them to start updating my older A3-L gyros...

Comment

• So glad I ordered 10 more last week for safe keeping !

Comment

• Hoarders! :)LOL
                                      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks for the info! My Raptor arrives this weekend and will be planning on doing the swap. Also looking at cutting some height off all the struts, as it sits a bit high for an F-22.
                                        Delta, the too tall stance of the model has bugged me since I saw the first photos. How do you plan to shorten the struts?
                                        Tom

Comment

So glad I ordered 10 more last week for safe keeping !
                                          So, this can only be used on A3-L gyros?

Comment

Working...
                                          X