X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice shots as always Bajora!

rifleman_btx: it's easy to take that perspective. I've found over the many years that, sometimes passing on a couple more "budget" birds to get a really nice "next level" bird is well worth it.:Cool:;)

Comment

• I want one really bad but being jobless I will never own any of these cool planes that Motion has to offer.

Comment

• I might try to vacuum form some nav. light blisters for the wings and fuse....should be easy to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
          We received one today as a review project to appear in Model Aviation Magazine ... we snuck a quick look at it and shot a few out of the box close-up photos that show the paint scheme and various features:

I wish I was smart like Bojora. He's lucky to get cool stuff . I wish I could fly Motion planes before they come out. I can barely support my life

Comment

• Oh great.....F22. Is it grass operated like F4?

Comment

• Well hope you find a job, being injured beyond recognition, I find myself wishing i could go back to work. So if i may shed some advice to you, dont waste time, but be aggressive about finding a job. Being put out to pasture early invites an ugly character called depression. It is also hard to shake when it hits full tilt. Anyway hope all is well and you can make your move to success

Comment

• To give a shout out to Freewing and Motion RC, it is great to see some design implementations on this F-22 that I have wished for over time, and I see them on this F-22. ’There are plastic servo pockets (I am glad they are back) for easy swapping of servos without foam damage had they been glued in, easy EDF hatch access cutouts on the new F-22 90mm EDF jet, and servo arm access pockets on the 80mm EDF L-39 and this 90mm EDF F-22 for easy adjustment of the servo arms. On the plastic servo pockets, even if it were just a plastic pocket with a servo glued in and not screwed down with a cover, I’d be happy :).

I am also glad to see additional great details to the F-22 like plastic capped intakes, leading edges, and nose cone to reduce potential for damage, concealed hinges (looks SO good, especially on the rudders since a F-22 has massive ones and the typically used hinges would have stood out like a sore thumb), and plastic lined cockpit. These are all very nice.

Comment

• Pilots were asking for the well roller shot.
                  Thank you !

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                    I want one really bad but being jobless I will never own any of these cool planes that Motion has to offer.
                    Don't feel bad everyone will go through that sometime. One easy thing I suggest doing to start making a little money is selling what ever valuable stuff you might have that you have no use for on ebay.
                    That is what has helped me support this hobby. If you are not sure how to do it there are plenty of videos on youtube to teach you how and other that give you lots of ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                      We received one today as a review project to appear in Model Aviation Magazine ... we snuck a quick look at it and shot a few out of the box close-up photos that show the paint scheme and various features:

THERE's that roller I've been curious about. Thanks for this and the other detailed shots! Enjoy the build and flights - many of us will be living vicariously through you :)

Comment

I want one really bad but being jobless I will never own any of these cool planes that Motion has to offer.
                        Sorry to hear that Mikey, Saw you picked up an E-Flite Corsair from the ama show for a good price though. Looks like a nice flyer, have you flown it yet? How was that show?

Wish the timing was right, would have loved to make it out there. Maybe next year

Comment

• So in the photos it looks like there's a circular support hole in the fuselage that sits right about under the pilot. Is this intended for holding an FPV module in the future or something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoLongSidekick View Post
                            So in the photos it looks like there's a circular support hole in the fuselage that sits right about under the pilot. Is this intended for holding an FPV module in the future or something like that?
                            That's where the landing light attached to the nose gear fits when retracted

Comment

I wish I was smart like Bojora. He's lucky to get cool stuff . I wish I could fly Motion planes before they come out. I can barely support my life
                              Hang in there Bro!!!

Comment

• So here's the deal: This is the first production RC F-22 that's ever had any appeal to me. I know it doesn't have nav or strobe lights, but what has absolutely sold me on this bird is the way she flies combined with all the cool *little* bits Freewing has engineered into this model. The way that thing slides through turns and can flip up into a hover... I genuinely thought this had thrust vectoring, but I'm GLAD those characteristics have been achieved without added complexity, weight, and cost to us consumers.

So much has gone into the fit and finish... I'm absolutely floored. Add to that the wide flight envelope... just incredible. I've never had much interest in any F-22, but this one has got me. I've got two production RC aircraft (that aren't micro). TWO. Freewing's F-14 and 70mm BAe Hawk. I was sitting here thinking a new Freewing F-18 would be really cool... then this F-22 came along and blew my mind. Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Comment

• Hi all,
                                  I am strongly considering the ARF+ version, but have two options for power systems that I already have from other projects. The problem is I don't know how either will perform in this airframe so I am also considering just going with the pnp version. Any advice? I have a Freewing 8s edf 4075-1250kV 12 blade system I originally thought I wanted to use but the pnp version of this bird uses a 1390kv. So I'm worried I won't get the top speed out of it that I would from the pnp version. Then I also have a freewing 12 blade 6s system with 4068-1680kv inrunner. How would this compare against the pnp 9 blade setup? I really don't want to kill packs or sub 3 minute flight times just chasing top speed, but also don't want sub par performance to the stock 9 blade which looks like a great all around performance setup.

Thanks!
                                  J

Comment

• Jayf636, I don't think this F-22 does sub-par performance in either configuration. Haven't all the videos we've seen so far been on 6S setup? Regardless, aren't all but ARF+ already sold out from this first shipment?

Comment

• 6S PNP is sold out (second pre-order is open, due in December), not sure about the ARF+. The 8S PNP is still available in the first pre-order.

Jayf636, that 8S setup is the same one used in the Yak-130. Should be plenty of power if you want to go 8S. But the 6S inrunner setup you have should work just fine as well.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Sorry to hear that Mikey, Saw you picked up an E-Flite Corsair from the ama show for a good price though. Looks like a nice flyer, have you flown it yet? How was that show?

Wish the timing was right, would have loved to make it out there. Maybe next year
                                        Yep flew Sunday . great flyer on 4s. The show was kinda lame. The flying area was cool. Maybe next year will be better

Comment

• I finally got these parts to print successfully. Tried all kinds of Simplify 3D setting adjustments. Oriented them on the X and Y axis but it wasn't until I oriented them at about 40 degree angles to the bed that it all came together. Perseverance pays off... I am making an extra set of everything for my buddy George while I am at it. Asside from having to deal with subtle nuances in how to print the different parts, what I have successfully printed so far of the cockpit parts look quite decent. Very pleased.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181108_012021.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	160725

Comment

Working...
                                          X