Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get the 8s set up I guess you have to order the ARF and the edf, esc unit's separately.
    I do not see an option with the 8s.
    thanks all for the help.

Comment

• Does the 8s set up come as a package?

Comment

• The F-15 is offered as a 6s PNP (I assume that's what you mean by "package"), and as an ARF Plus. The PNP has everything in it except your receiver and battery. The ARF Plus has everything in it except receiver, battery, and power system (EDF/motor/ESC/UBEC). Dropping in the power system should take more than a few minutes assuming your battery wire length is long enough. The ARF Plus version is offered to people who already have a power system they want to use.

You mentioned you were going to put a JetFan 10s setup in it... I assumed you had a suitable ESC for that setup? if so, then technically you only need to buy a different motor and swap it into your JetFan.

If you don't yet have the 10s JetFan, then I'd recommend buying an 8s JetFan setup from the start, from Gary at EffluxRC.com. I recommend the HET 1500kv motor, but talk to Gary and see what he recommends, depending on your budget, battery quality, ASL, flying style, expectations, etc. Note: JetFans do not drop in perfectly to Freewing's EDF bays, especially depending on if you get an inlet lip or not.

If you want to eliminate as much guess work as possible, then buy the Freewing 8s 12B EDF setup. It drops right in to the Freewing F-15 (because I designed it to), and it includes a pre-installed HET 1250kv motor.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

All you'll need then is your ESC/UBEC.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the help. I think it best( and much simpler) to go with everything as listed on MRC Arf, edf and esc for the 8s set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
            I was thinking about the 700-68-1400, however after Alpha's post I'm rethinking this 10s setup.
            It works pretty good on 8s (running the Jetfan 90 and 1500 kv as Alpha mentioned) and I can get a pair of Gens Ace 45c 5000's in mine with no foam removal needed. I sent you an email regarding the .spm file as well.
            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Bumping in here. I have one in my cart at motion but I'm holding off to see what Santa brings. At least a Motion gift card, I hope.;)

Comment

• When my family asks me what I want for Christmas, I tell them MRC gift cards. I usually get enough to buy one plane, or a bunch of spare parts. ;)
                Pat

Comment

• F-15 from this weekends flying...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• and more this past weekend as well...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Had my eye on one of these beautiful planes for a long time. Finally ordered one. Going to use the 8S JP fan and CC Talon 120 ESC currently in my Stinger 90. The Stinger has served me well but is about ready to be retired.

Comment

• Didn't get gift card but I did get another F-16 V2 6s-Pro 70mm from my sons. Pulling the trigger on this today!:)Can't decide if I want the 8s setup.

Comment

• Yesterday's flight

Comment

• Anything special I should know about concerning CG, throws, elevator neutral position? Just set it up per the manual?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              Anything special I should know about concerning CG, throws, elevator neutral position? Just set it up per the manual?
                              Manual is pretty much good on this one. It actually needs a good bit of throw in the ailerons and elevator (flying stab) Set it per the book low and high rates and maiden on low (or mid if you have three positions)
                              Oh, I did wind up trimming down elevator in mine with it set as indicated in the book.

Comment

• Thanks Bill. Good to know.

Comment

• Just pulled the trigger on the arf+ version. Plan to run an 8s system. I'm wondering if I should go with 2 4s batteries, or one 6s paired with a 2s ?

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                    Just pulled the trigger on the arf+ version. Plan to run an 8s system. I'm wondering if I should go with 2 4s batteries, or one 6s paired with a 2s ?
                                    I run a pair of Gens Ace 4s 5000 45c packs in mine side by side with no foam removal required. https://www.genstattu.com/gens-ace-5...eans-plug.html
                                    Hobby King (Zippy Flite Max) 4s 4000 40c will also fit but heat up quickly so there's no gain in flight time over the stock 6s system.

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on the arf+ version. Plan to run an 8s system. I'm wondering if I should go with 2 4s batteries, or one 6s paired with a 2s ?
                                      Grats, I am going with 6 and 2 5000 70C Roaring Tops stacked

Comment

Hello Scooter
                                        I'll throw some advice to you from a technical perspective without any brands involved.
                                        Your optimal 8S source would be two 4S 4000-5000mAh 40-50C.
                                        The heat dissipation of the 4 cells versus 6 is a lot more efficient.
                                        Significantly less differential on the cascading effect on same paired voltages.
                                        In layman terms it is a known best engineering practice to use the same voltage batteries when cascading in series.
                                        (Sorry Steve :Straight-Face:) but a 6S with a 2S is just to wide a range swing.
                                        There is a lot of disadvantageous things going on chemically/electrical wise with this 6S/2S series pairing under load.
                                        Lastly, the discharge C rating. If your comfortable that the rating is relatively accurate then 40-50C is plenty for the 155A ESC that I saw in the upgrade section for the HET motor.
                                        Best regards,
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That may be true CB. I certainly conceed to the gentleman from NY with a more technical understanding of LiPo batteries than I. Having flown the 6S/2S, 4S/2S combinations many times with no noticeable issues, I would personally give them a try but keep an eye on them. Currently I am flying two 4S Admiral 5000 Pro's in the Stinger 90. Of all my batteries, I have abused them the most and they just keep going. If I can get them to fit in the F-15 they would be my preference but it didn't look like they would fit without modification however, I will take a closer look. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X