Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
    gooniac, that is a LARGE runway.... wow.... I'm jealous
    Don't be!! It was a 10 hour round trip to get there!! This was just for an electric event that they were having that weekend. Not my usual field...
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I'm fortunate that I have two nice flying sites within 15 minutes of the house. One has an 800 x 60 foot paved runway, the other has a 450 x 45 foot geotex runway. I typically have only flown my larger jets at the bigger field, but I did fly my F-15 and F-14 at the smaller field last weekend finally with no issues.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        I'm fortunate that I have two nice flying sites within 15 minutes of the house. One has an 800 x 60 foot paved runway, the other has a 450 x 45 foot geotex runway. I typically have only flown my larger jets at the bigger field, but I did fly my F-15 and F-14 at the smaller field last weekend finally with no issues.
        I am lucky now too because I have one within 20 mins of me now too. I can fly all of my stuff there with no issues. This was an event that we wanted to attend though and glad I did! Nice to see that my lil ole EDFs can still wow the crowd that is used to turbines!
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Wish MRC would get the F-15 decal set back in stock. I want to do the aggressor repaint.
          Pat

Comment

• I need to find a field with other EDF flyers that isn't hours away. I have a decent field right next to work....20 minutes from the house.... but very few people still fly there, and most of those are flying old gas props. I have been there many days where I am the only one at the field.

Comment

• Decided to do my favorite scheme on the new F-15. The traditional US grey on my first is nice...but I love the look of the Israeli version.... especially when they fly and you can easily tell top from bottom

Comment

• Very nice !

Comment

• Thanks....I still need to deal with a flat/dull coat but hopefully it will hold up

Comment

• This is my 2nd F-15 and I still can't figure out what this piece is for....can someone enlighten me??

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                      This is my 2nd F-15 and I still can't figure out what this piece is for....can someone enlighten me??
                      That piece is probably some sort of antenna that glues onto the top of the plane. Look for a slot on top of the jet.

Comment

• yep...goes in a slot right behind the canopy latch. You can see capt Mike gluing it on in the build video. I have been really watching this one for a while now, and just about ready to pull the trigger...one question though. Should I pop on the inrunner version, or wait for the arf plus to come back in stock, and go for an 8s set up ? Any suggestions are welcome.

Comment

• Gooniac, urrrl and DougV all seem to like the 6s inrunner. I like mine on 8. Different strokes for different folks.
                          I went with 8 because I had the JF 90 laying around doing nothing.
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                            Gooniac, urrrl and DougV all seem to like the 6s inrunner. I like mine on 8. Different strokes for different folks.
                            I went with 8 because I had the JF 90 laying around doing nothing.
                            Same here figured I'd put that JF 90 to work; Otherwise I just would have gone stock.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I was kind of leaning toward the 6s inrunner mainly because it's the only one in stock. I was just wanting some input if it was worth the extra 50.00 over the stock setup. The 8s would be a little more costly because I would have to buy everything in addition to the airframe.

Comment

• I'd say go with the inrunner. Just don't rely on a 5000 ma pack for it (even the stock outrunner is hard on packs) Most of the ones I mentioned are flying 5800 to 6200 packs in them.
                                My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
                                  yep...goes in a slot right behind the canopy latch. You can see capt Mike gluing it on in the build video. I have been really watching this one for a while now, and just about ready to pull the trigger...one question though. Should I pop on the inrunner version, or wait for the arf plus to come back in stock, and go for an 8s set up ? Any suggestions are welcome.
                                  Thanks.... i guess I have to cut the slot...mine appears to be glued over... but.... mystery solved

on the 8s vs 6s... I am perfectly happy wth the HV setup in terms of power... but even with a 6000mah battery I have to start my landing approach at 3;30.... or down she comes. My fl CG is ok since I removed weights from the nose cone

i would be curious if 8s can provide a longer flight time.

Comment

• On stock vs the higher KV in runner.... I pulled the stock setup out of my F16 and dropped in the higher Kv version. Might simply be my perception but I think it is worth it....seems to be faster

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey Thunes View Post

That piece is probably some sort of antenna that glues onto the top of the plane. Look for a slot on top of the jet.
                                      Actually, if you watch the build video, at 16:45 he is gluing that piece in a slot that appears to be in the latch mechanism plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooter genie View Post

Actually, if you watch the build video, at 16:45 he is gluing that piece in a slot that appears to be in the latch mechanism plastic.
                                        Odd... my slot was sealed....either way...nothing a blade didn't take care of!!! Mine is in now

thanks

Comment

• I know you've already installed it, but that antenna actually goes under the nose, about 2" back from the nose cone. It doesn't show a step for that in the manual, but if you look at the page where you glue the probes on the sides of the fuse, you can see the antenna installed on the bottom. I have to make sure that when I transport the plane I support the nose ahead of the antenna to keep it from being bent/torn off.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X